Should Glasto Reveal More Confirmations?

Guest Mr Ploppy

The excitement and agony makes the unknowing worth it. The whole Springsteen speculation, Neil Young being "in" but then possibly being 'exclusive' to Isle of Wight and then suddenly being re-confirmed for Glasto....it just makes it all exciting, the back-and-forth...and now we're still trying to figure out the 4th headliner. the agony of not knowing is brilliant

But, this year they seem to have done a much better job of keeping things under wrap. usually by now, we know at least 3 sure pyramid performers for each day, don't we?

I remember my first Glastonbury in '98. It was only a couple of weeks before when reading NME that my mate and I saw exactly who was going to be on. It was in the days before this interweb and constant rumours. It was rather ace to be sitting in one of the study rooms (we were sitting our A-levels) and then go "f**k me! Bob Dylan, Nick Cave and Pulp".

Admittedly those were also the days when the decision of whether or not to go to Glastonbury wasn't seven-nine months before. We only confirmed that we were definitely going a week before when I called up and booked the National Express. We didn't even have tickets, just a friend of a friend who was going to let us in. But there were no worries if we couldn't get in touch with him because tickets hadn't sold out so we could just buy one on spec.

Anyway, I'd rather we had no rumours at all. Just discussions about who we'd like to see.

I remember my first Glastonbury in '98. It was only a couple of weeks before when reading NME that my mate and I saw exactly who was going to be on. It was in the days before this interweb and constant rumours. It was rather ace to be sitting in one of the study rooms (we were sitting our A-levels) and then go "f**k me! Bob Dylan, Nick Cave and Pulp".

Admittedly those were also the days when the decision of whether or not to go to Glastonbury wasn't seven-nine months before. We only confirmed that we were definitely going a week before when I called up and booked the National Express. We didn't even have tickets, just a friend of a friend who was going to let us in. But there were no worries if we couldn't get in touch with him because tickets hadn't sold out so we could just buy one on spec.

Anyway, I'd rather we had no rumours at all. Just discussions about who we'd like to see.

na! its fine that they do this.

think about it, dont you have fun logging on every day to see if someone else has been announced?

when you log on and find someone has, it makes you go... YAYSUMS!

and you get that over the period of a few months

they draw it out, and i like it like that =D

It'll be my 4th Glasto this time, and to be honest it gets less important each time I've been, you have a blast whoever is playing - in fact its more fun discovering bands you've never heard of on some of the more far flung stages.

Having said that, its always nice to have that big Saturday night headliner to fall back on if you're looking for that big communal moment.....I suspect that's why Jay-Z caused such dismay last year. You can't go wrong with Springsteen can you ?