Advice Needed

Guest ConorVFest

I'll be getting a lift to, and from V Festival, so I was wondering basically is the traffic that bad? As my dad will be driving back so don't really want to put him in some major traffic as i would feel terrible. What would you say the best time to arrive/set of for is to avoid the worst of the traffic? Early/Late/Mid Day? My friends are getting a coach there in the morning, so they should be pitched up and able to meet me, so i'm not in a rush for a decent spot. We will be driving down from Manchester. Where to avoid? Tips greatly, greatly appreciated.

Also, if my friends go in and pitch up and whatever in the morning, obviously I won't be getting there till after them. Will I have any trouble meeting up with them co-coordinating my self etc or should i be fine?

Just a little nervous as I'll be going on my own/unfamilliar with the hole atmosphere and area. Cheers guys.

Hi,

Any journey involving the M6 is a nightmare. Last year was exceptionally bad. We set off at 7 and hit all the traffic. You'll get a map on the way in with the different campsites but tell your mayes to camp near a sign/gate/toilets etc so theyll be easier to find. good luck & have fun!!