Our community blogs

1. No blog entries yet

2. [size=4][font=tahoma]Loowatt demonstrated the Loowatt Event System, a mobile off-grid, energy-generating luxury loo system, at Latitude Festival 17-20 July, 2014 in Henham Park, Suffolk. The toilets are 100% waterless and 100% chemical free. [/font][/size][font=tahoma]The technology uses biodegradable liner to package the waste. [/font][font=tahoma]Loowatt estimates they saved around 8,000 liters of water during the festival.[/font]

[size=4][font=tahoma]The Loo Unit offers a clean, well-appointed interior including mirrors, porcelain sinks and LED lighting and is equipped with luxury soap and lotion. C[/font][/size][font=tahoma]ustomers experienced the Loowatt Event System for free. The children especially loved the unique waterless “flushing” mechanism.[/font]

[size=4][font=tahoma]Customers were impressed by the clean, odourless, and luxury experience. [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=tahoma]Read some of their testimonials below:[/font][/size]

[color=#1eb53a][size=4][font=tahoma]‘This is the best and most well conceived and executed idea and solution I have come across for a very long time. Clean, comfortable, innovative + well made = marvelous.’ – Geoffrey[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#1eb53a][size=4][font=tahoma]‘Great! (There is) no smell of anything. Was lovely being in a sealed ‘cocoon’ & in a world of your own for a couple of minutes, much as I love being at this festival.’ – Phillipa[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#1eb53a][size=4][font=tahoma]‘What a pleasant experience to have at a festival! Lovely clean toilets and such a unique system. Perfect for large events and after speaking to the representative – perfect for disaster areas where clean sanitation facilities are essential.’—Mhorag[/font][/size][/color]

[size=4][font=tahoma]Find out more how the technology works at [url=""]w[/url][url=""][/url][/font][/size]
    [size=4][font=tahoma]See which other festivals Loowatt is attending: [url=""]www.[/url][/font][/size][url=""][/url]

3. I once wrote a review saying how dreadful I thought Dawn Penn was as a live act. I saw her a second time and that didn't change my mind. Both of those times she was backed by a DJ and not a live band.

I saw her again yesterday at Bristol's Harbourfest, with a live band. She was great! :D

That was a hard crowd to win over, too - and she got them.

4. My brothers and I are holding a special concert in memory of my late father (George Dougie Leslie) who was the secretary of the Sinatra society in Glasgow. We have Scotland’s No:1 Sinatra tribute act (Frank Holden) and all proceeds will be going to Headcase Cancer Trust. It would be great if you could do a wee piece on this or give us a wee mention.

The Leslie brothers

Here it is folks, perhaps this year’s ultimate event, celebrating 100 years of the music of Frank Sinatra at the venue of his final show in Great Britain, Ibrox Stadium.
    The show will take place on December 5th, just short of the great entertainers centenary… This is sure to be a Sensational night

Doors 7.00pm Tickets: £60
    Arrival: 7.00pm for Champagne Reception 8.00pm: Sumptuous 3 course meal accompanied by live pianist 9.45pm: No.1 Sinatra Tribute Act Frank Holden & his Big Swing Band All proceeds to

Tickets available here:

Recent Entries

Dear all,

I'm selling a five day ticket for the wonderful Buddha Field Festival as sadly I am unable to go.

It cost me £130.00 but I'd be happy to let it go for £100.

Please get in touch if interested and I will make the necessary arrangements.

Best wishes,

5. North London’s annual Livestock Music Festival returns again for it’s fourth year, promising a wealth of local music talent whether you want to move to the Blues at the Woodland Stage, get the feel good factor at the Main Stage or tap your toes to some Folk in the Black Barn there is something for everyone. more info and tickets from

6. bought 2 adult 2, 10-16 and car pass for beautiful days festival but now unable to go.Looking to sell ideally as job lot.please e mail phillip.seymour25@bt if interested.

7. I updated the "thingy" ready for next year!

1st Feb 08: Jay Z

8th Feb 08: The Verve and Kings of Leon

18th April 08: Some John Peel

28th April 08: Full Line Up

(No resale in '08, didn't sell out before it started)

1st Feb 09: Balance deadline

23rd Feb 09: Bruce Springsteen

26th Feb 09: Blur

9th March 09: Neil Young

5th April 09: Ticket resale

22nd April 09: Kasabian confirmed (the '4th headliner')

25th May 09: Full Line Up

23rd Nov 09: U2

12th Feb 10: Muse and Stevie Wonder

28th Feb 10: Balance deadline

7th April 10 : West Holts

11th April 10: Ticket resale

14th April 10: Full Line Up

29th April 10: Dance Village added

11th Feb 11: Beyonce self confirms

15th Feb 11: Coldplay announced

23rd Feb 11: U2 announced

2nd Mar 11: Some acts

7th Apr 11: Balance deadline

13th Apr 11: West Holts

14th Apr 11: Full Line Up

17th Apr 11: Ticket resale

17th Jan 13: Rokia Traore

27th Mar 13: Most of lineup (1st poster)

8th April 13: Balance deadline

21st April 13: Ticket resale

24th April 13: More Acoustic

26th April 13: Bobby Womack

30th May 13: Full lineup (barring BBC Introducing & Arcadia which came in June)

19 December 13 - Arcade Fire

27 February 14 - Dolly Parton

1-7 April 14 - Payment window (UK)

4 April 14 - Initial Poster Reveal - 8am

27 April 14 - Resale

1 May 14 - Circus and Theatre

8 May 14 - Full Poster revealed - 7pm

22 May 14 - Full Line Up (64 stages)

4 June 14 - Running times

1st + 5th Oct 2014 – Tickets on sale

30 Nov 2014 - Lionel Richie (Sunday – glasto website)

18 Feb 2015 – Foo Fighters (nme awards)

16 Mar 2015 – Kanye West

7th Apr 2015– Balance deadline

12 Apr – ETC winner announced

14 Apr – First poster (no stage splits – around 75 acts)

16th + 19th Apr – Resale

24 Apr – T & C Line up

6th May - The Who + Paul Weller (The sun leaked few days before)

8h May – Block9 announce 2015 plans and few acts

12th May – Kidz Field line up including Stephen Hawkings

15th May – Field of Avalon line up + changes to the field

15Th May - Programme deadline day (posted on Rabbit hole social media)

8. For the first time ever in the United Kingdom, the sacred powder art painting of the Kathakali tradition of Kerala in South India will be shown. The drawing is done directly with the hand without using any tools whatsoever. The powders used are all nautral, and are used to construct the sacred Kalamuzhutu image over a period of four days from 15th to 18th July. At the same event, Tibetan monks from Tashi Lhunpo Monastery will construct a Tantric Sand Mandala made out of millions of grains of sand, coloured to represent precious jewels, creating an image of a sacred palace into which the Buddha and his retinue are invited as part of an initiation ceremony.

Both these intricate images, so inherently impermanent in nature, will be destroyed in ceremonies at their completion.

Alongside these asonishing works of art there will be workshops of dance and music from both traditions, performances of the monastic Cham from the Tibetan monastery and of the sacred stories of the South Indian Kathakali traditionan. Internationally renowned teacher, Ringu Tulku Rinpoche, will be giving a series of talks on Tibetan Buddhism throughout the festival.

We hope to see you there!

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

blog-0112748001429872211.jpgAt 15 I attended my first festival, NASS, a sister festival or the Relentless groups Freeze & Boardmasters festivals that happen in the south of the UK.

That festival enlightened me to some euphoric world of freedom, immersion, creativity, nostalgia and carefree happiness. I was unaware of my subconscious desires to pursue a career working within an industry that creates said feelings and experiences, yet here I am 7 years later sat in the library of my university, researching for one of two final pieces of work to complete a degree in Events Management to then go on and chase my desire of becoming a creator of innovative and immersive, experiential festival content.

I've been immersed in the theories of co-creation, experiential marketing, innovation, hyper-reality and technological advances at festivals... not only has this contributed to assignments and my dissertation which was an Auto-ethnographic study of my own emotional and spiritual experience at a winter sports festival (Rise 2014)... it's also triggered a question...Generation Y? A very suitable name, we are a generation of questions.

Generations before us, accepted, they may have wondered but never asked, questions may have been answered but were left unspoken. However, we, Generation Y are a generation of asking WHY, why do we want to experience? Why do we want to co-create and why do we want that immersive feeling of nostalgia, euphoria, freedom, happiness and carelessness?

We're at the very early yet, fast moving stages of a transformation in the way we interact with our own every day experience as well as our entire exsistance.

This transformation is the driving force behind trying to figure out why we experience, how we experience and what it does to us, emotionally, spiritually and physically. That question is what got me on a plane to the French Alps on my own to research my own experience at a new up and coming Winter Sports Festival, and that question is what will continue to take me to festivals all over the world.

Maybe there is some poetic justice in the unknown, maybe the need to know everything is a curse of our generation, and like the meaning of life itself, its something we learn and experience rather than define.

Come join us on 1st May at The Chambers, Cheriton Place in Folkestone.

A celebration of Reggae music

Earl Gateshead (Trojan Sound System)

Paul Steward (Port-O-Jam Sound System)

Daniel Hatcher (G-Ranch Crew)

Amanda & Nathan Atkins (Frederick's Unique Sound System)

This is something a bit special!

I'm sure all those great folk (which I TOTALLY mean) who've been involved in Ska in the town will understand when i say that when there were just a couple of nights dedicated to the beloved sound..well then, it felt SPECIAL !

It felt that way because those that loved it made it that way.

It did get - i think it's fair to say - a bit overwhelming when EVERYTHING became SKA driven around here and now that the dust has settled a bit, an event such as this can stand out...because it IS outstanding!!

Fredericks Unique Sound System (F.U.S.S.) LOVE Reggae & Ska and have dedicated so much of their own time & money into the scene. Born of that sincerity, they've found themselves working with those that not only feel the same but are leaders in the scene.

This is where EARL GATESHEAD pops in!

This man has BREATHED the reggae & Ska scene since the 70's when he dj'd in between punk bands in Brixton, playing the best Jamaica had to offer.

He's head of & main Dj now for the TROJAN Sound System & has played at FABRIC (the first reggae DJ ever invited to do so) and is this year playing his 2nd year of residency at SPACE in Ibiza! !

This man IS an international dj Superstar, it's just he happens to wear a flat cap instead of a twat (Justin Bieber) box cap!

Must be nice to have nothing to prove smile emoticon

This night at The Chambers is on Fri May 1st (bank holiday weekend) & is a FREE ENTRY affair!

Realise how lucky we are here Folkestone....the rest of Europe have to pay HANDSOMELY to see this man & you can see not only him but ALSO Mista P from Port-O-Jam AND Danny Hatcher from G Ranch Crew AND F.U.S.S....ALL FOR FREE!

Come to enjoy & come looking sharp!

Above all, come to love the music & see a man who's influence in the scene can't be denied!

A big night for us Folkestone!!

FREE ENTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recent Entries

blog-0421100001426175907.jpgThe Main Stage Line-Up - Sponsored By The Toll Point

Pickup 52,

Intrepid Duo

Mohawk Radio,

Groove Hustlers,

The Restless Venture,

Stipe: REM Tribute Band,

Rock Back the Clock,

BARRON, ...

Diamond Days,

Gary Quinn

Live Lounge Line-Up - Sponsored By Silver Lining Studios

Adam Walsh from The Velocets

To Kill A Circus

Jess Kemp Artist

Liam McClair Music

Katy Galloway

Bones - music

Feed The Kid

Pickup 52 (2nd Set)

The Matchstickmen

Mason Thomas

Recent Entries

Hey everybody...

For my dissertation I am looking at the effects of negative word of mouth on music festival goers. I would highly appreciate it if you could spare 2 minutes of your time to fill out the survey, through the link below.

You'd be a great help :)

Thank You

Jasmin xxxx

10. blog-0056418001420328097.jpgSo after meeting the guys!

We thought, in classic festival style, it was time to wack out the booze!

But in a very British manner, we decided to do this in the form of 'having a couple of drinks with dinner, then getting smashed in the hotel room'...

So we get to know each other etc.. get drunk etc etc

Then we ventured out into the midst of Les Deux!

Mini Bar, Smokey Joes & L'avalance were just the first nights worth of clubs!

The guys we were with were from Devon and happened to know the Dj's playing in Mini Bar..and epic Dj's they were!!

Considering I've never been a fan of clubbing, I had an amazing night, there was no lairy people lingering about, not try hard girls, no overly drunk 17 year old hiding in the corner. Just a load of like minded people in a sweaty room listening to what I can only describe as a drug for your ears!

Went back to the hotel room for some more drinks and to drop off the ski jackets (Beer jacket had replaced by this point).. went back out! danced some more, ended up in the club next door, which was surprisingly quiet, however we still had a kick ass night!

and instead of a camp site we had a hotel room to juggle with, ended up going back there, with some lovely random Welsh boys that the guys bumped into the day before, and the guys from the room over the hall, ended up staying up until 7:30am chatting about life.. The festival feeling was there!!

& Then we slept...

Recent Entries

Hi All,

LOCKIN are seek festivals for the coming season. You can listen to some of their tracks and contact the band through their website or via their facebook page

Thanks for sharing the luv and hope to hear from you.

Recent Entries

So after years of going to Glasto I'm going to try Rewind. Not sure about the set up so I need a few hints and tips.

• Is there water taps in the camping fields and village areas
    • Can you take booze into the village area
    • Is there a site map I can view
    • Does it take long to get from the carpark to to the campsite

Thanks guys you rock

11. Hello everybody!

I'm Marga, I work for a production company based in Barcelona.

We're looking for a family or someone with kids who is going to Glastonbury Festival this year (2014) in order to make an interview about his/her/their experience.

We are preparing a documentary about camping.

Please, if you are a family going or you know someone who is going contact me at:

Thank you!!

You can visit our website:

Recent Entries

Hi Guys I'm Kieran

so this year me and my mate are going to Leeds festival and obviously we are both extremely excited for it. However it is only going to be us there that we know and we were wandering if any1 is interested in meeting at the venue. Look forward to hearing from you

P.S. We are also thinking of setting up a you tube channel dedicated to festival as we have got a lot of festivals planned for next year so if you could leave your views on this too and give ideas on what you would like to see then the channel may come about this year instead of next

Thanks for reading and please leave your comments bellow

12. Latest Entry

blog-0637606001401460236.jpgJUST ANNOUNCED - '''''PERC''''' WILL BE PERFORMING AT THE BIG NOISE FESTIVAL.

Get your Tickets here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

Hello Festival goers!!

May I ask you for 5 minutes of your time to fill up this survey? You will help me to complete my master's dissertation. Help will be much appreciated.

Please share with your friends that attended the event too.

Thanks a lot!

Recent Entries

blog-0897120001400676927.jpgThere is no final verdict yet in the court case concerning Tomorrowland 2014.

We would like you to help us "Save Tomorrowland"

Our group represents the many voices of tomorrow!

Please share this link and let us be the biggest group that shouts enough!

Thanks you!

13. blog-0659850001398792790.jpg3 days and preparations are hotting up!

This is an exciting opportunity to celebrate nature, culture, landscape and life along the River Wye. Starting at Hereford on May 3,the Wye Valley River Festival events flow downstream as communities contribute to the lively and thought-provoking programme. The Festival's grand finale is in Chepstow on May 18.The river is rising. Nature is on trial – who will speak for the spirit of the Wye?

The Wye Valley River Festival follows the story of Ratty the Wye water vole, leader of the Creatures' Republic of Wye (CROW), who is on the run from predatory prosecutor Mink and Judge Wild Boar. The twists and turns of the chase unfold in a series of community and arts events down the river. Desperate Men are designing this innovative arts event. Ratty is finally captured and brought to trial at a Grand Assizes in Monmouth’s 16th century Shire Hall. The events lead to a spectacular final at Chepstow Bridge with massed choir, fire, flame and illuminations.

We have human fountains, tightrope walking over the Wye, Vera the human manipulated vehicle, talks, exhibitions, music perfomances and festivals, fetes, picnics and a whole raft of entertainment. Go onto to look at our progranmme of events at each city, town and village along the river.

Recent Entries

Hey guys,

Just joined up here, looking to go to my first festival(s) this year, although most of my friends are not into that sort of thing. Would love to meet some other people to go with, I would be travelling from my home town Manchester or uni town Huddersfield.

Georgia :)

Recent Entries

Latest Entry

Hey There :)

We'll i have no idea how to use this kinda wanted some kind of forum thing but i haven't got a clue!

Anyway! Me and my friend are going to We Are Fstvl on the saturday. We went last year and thought it was wicked but we knew some people who were going.

This year we don't know anyone going so I was wondering how easy it is to meet people?

Recent Entries

Hey guys,

I am doing my dissertation topic on "what motivates people to attend the Wireless Festival?"

If you have been can you please identify what motivated you to go and whether those motivation or expectations you had were met?

If you have not been, based on what you have seen or heard what would motivate you to attend the Wireless Festival?

Any comments regrading the topic are useful and appreciated.

Please help, and thank you for the responses :)