How come no BBQs this year

Guest no smoke without fire

Dear Little Wychwood

Sizzling sausages surely a BBQ off the ground is OK? The great thing about your fezzy is that no one need be cheek by jowl. Don't regulate but accommodate.

Edited by gratedenini

From the official site

No open fires are allowed anywhere in the campsite.

No barbeques on the campsite, gas camping stoves only.

Please make sure any cooking equipment is raised off the ground and in good working order.

link

Edited by mr blue

From the official site

No open fires are allowed anywhere in the campsite.

No barbeques on the campsite, gas camping stoves only.

Please make sure any cooking equipment is raised off the ground and in good working order.

link

...no BBQ's, great! - us 'heavenly' veges won't have to suffer the atrocious aroma of all those burning animal bits - and, no, the smell of Bacon doesn't make me wish I was a bone-cruncher!

Taxi......

Seriously, each to their own - but, would you EAT your own.....

Hello All

I've been following your discussion about the BBQs....basically while we want to let everyone do what they want, and not to be draconian with rules at all, we have to jump through a lot of hoops when it comes to things like health and safety, license etc.

I want you to be able to have bbqs and am currently fighting a battle with our H&S orders to see if we can make this work...so I'm on the case and hope to report positively soon!

Many thanks

Graeme

Hello All

I've been following your discussion about the BBQs....basically while we want to let everyone do what they want, and not to be draconian with rules at all, we have to jump through a lot of hoops when it comes to things like health and safety, license etc.

I want you to be able to have bbqs and am currently fighting a battle with our H&S orders to see if we can make this work...so I'm on the case and hope to report positively soon!

Many thanks

Graeme

Good luck, hopefully they'll see sense. The disposable BBQs are pretty much a way of life at fesitvals now, pretty safe, more so than gas stoves really, and we've always had them before at Wychwood. You've got 3 weeks to plead our case! We've already done our BBQ shopping list! :P

Hello All

Many thanks

Graeme

Edited by howiewind

Thanks, well that is great and good luck with plea with elf and safe tea but if you don't win the day how about booking Arthur Brown as a late act?

Apparently, in the core of a compost heap it can get really hot, i.e. piping hot: why not arrange for loads of compost heaps and then put our jacket pots, wrapped in foil, in the middle?

Compost With = Shooting Star

Thanks for trying and good luck.

Sometimes it is the field owners (or racecourse owners in this case) that don't like it because disposable BBQs sterilise the ground underneath, not just killing the grass but making it difficult to grow again. Many disposables now come with little legs to minimise this, and I guess stewards could try to encourage the "off the ground" rule.

Just off to check the weather thread :P

Thanks for trying and good luck.

Sometimes it is the field owners (or racecourse owners in this case) that don't like it because disposable BBQs sterilise the ground underneath, not just killing the grass but making it difficult to grow again. Many disposables now come with little legs to minimise this, and I guess stewards could try to encourage the "off the ground" rule.

Just off to check the weather thread :lol:

Greetings all bbqers...we've now had the go ahead to let you know that you can use disposable bbqs....please though make sure that they are raised off the ground with say bricks or something...this will stop the grass getting burned and damaging the racecourse. We expect to be able to offer the ones with the little legs for sale at the festival too as an alternative...hope this helps...
Edited by howiewind