It's tradition 08 !

Guest ding dong

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meeting all my lovely Efest chums at the bus on Wed and Thurs :(

Sleeping through most of Sunday afternoon to get my batteries up for the evening for THE SUNDAY/MONDAY UBERBIMBLE OF THE WEEKEND!!!

Fresh Lemonade

A trip to FairyLove

Getting the Delhi belly on Sunday afternoon...9 bloomin years now...a tradition I would LOVE to see the back of this year! :(

Missing pretty much everything I had planned to see

Quaffing Stoli, soda, lime & cranberry all day Saturday

Wondering where on earth 5 days went on Monday morning

• 11 months later...
i went to my first one in 04 with some glastonbury regulars. they told me its tradition to get a blanket from joe bananas. ive taken that on board now but made it my own and get my pillow from there instead.

i always have to have falafel from the same stall but i can never remember where it is. every time i go looking, i can't find it, then it turns up when i'm not hungry but i buy one anyway, knowing i'll never find it again. it's like falafel brigadoon. the year i find it first time i'll be kinda disappointed.

i also don't allow myself a cider until tents are up and everything retrieved from the car. once the last of the kit is in place we toast the absence of reality.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

Have at least 1 growler for brunch during the weekend, usually more than one though! :lol:

When I have got up in morning I head over to fruit stall on lhs of Other Stage and grab a fruit cocktail and fresh orange juice then go up to Green Fields for breakfast with fresh coffee e.g. at Buddhafields Cafe, Henry's Beard etc - excellent way to start my Glasto day ! :D

The most important tradition is the comedy tent, Sunday evening:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

They f**king love it in China.

... although looking at the lineup, perhaps this year the tradition dies.

i went to my first one in 04 with some glastonbury regulars. they told me its tradition to get a blanket from joe bananas. ive taken that on board now but made it my own and get my pillow from there instead.

The last few years we have arrived on site about 8am on the Thursday morning. I now realise looking back that my own little routine, once we have found our spot to camp, is to drop everything, stand with hands on hips looking over the valley and crack open my first beer of the weekend - and down in one. Then, and only then, will I attempt to put the first tent up :D

i've only been to glasto once, but i've got a very strong festival tradition of "no cider 'til the tent's up".

unfortunately last years hike from Gate B to Dragon Field ( :D ) kinda broke that tradition as cider was NEEDED.

yeah, same here, wait till the tent is up, then shots of vodka all round and one with the neighbours when we introduce ourselves.

Also, last year, on the last day we wrote letters to ourselves, which one of our group then when off and buried. This year, we'll dig them up and read them (if we can find them and they're still there :D )

[*]Usually crack open a can once we've parked up to celebrate arriving there after a lengthy drive down (400miles)

[*]Take over setting up the camp, barking orders at everyone to put their tents in position x/y/z insisting that my way should be the only way! :)

[*]Once that's done then the group heads off for a wander round the whole site trying to get our bearings once again, trying to figure what's new or what's moved.

[*]Then I usually end up buggering off! :D

Used to also make a stop at Sainsburys in Cheltenham on the way down, don't really know why but did it for a few years, however we went via London last year so the tradition was broken! :)

Edited by mynameisearl

Was my first one last year so 'tradition' might be a bit strong, but the first thing I ate on site was the Goan fish curry from the stall next to the Jazzworld, and I'm making a beeline for it as soon as I get there next month!

Puff a lot, Put the tent up, sort the kit out and then when I know I have nothing else to do..

Pull out the folding chair....

Sit down facing down towards the people streaming in.

Open a tin of beer.

Have a cig now..... smoking again...... I know, but hey...

and people watch.

Help others with their tents, Lend the battery blowy uppy beddy thinkgy...

and then when I have done that I am completely at home and at peace with the world......