The Orb playing at Shangri La

Guest mashy

Saw this on their My Space page

THE ORB

29 Jun 2008, 13:30

Dance Village, Glastonbury Festival 2008, Glastonbury, Southwest tbc

Cost : tbc

Alex Paterson to play DJ set in Dance Village at Glastonbury Festival 2008 News just in..... Dear Alex, We have great pleasure in offering Dr Alex Paterson a slot to play a DJ set in the Dance Village at Glastonbury Festival 2008! Performance Date(s): Sunday 29th June 2008 Stage: G Stage in the Dance Village Set time: (approximately and subject to change): 1.30pm Very best regards, Biff Dance Village at Glastonbury Festival 2008]

They seem to be down at Shangri La as the Orb. Maybe Dr Alex is doing a DJ set in the dance area as well.

How exciting if there was a full Orb 91 reunion with Steve Hillage. Any chance? ;)

They seem to be down at Shangri La as the Orb. Maybe Dr Alex is doing a DJ set in the dance area as well.

How exciting if there was a full Orb 91 reunion with Steve Hillage. Any chance? :D

Edited by bagpuss

I don't think it'll be that rammed, they're playing a little (400 capacity) club near me this week and its not sold out. Not as big as they used to be. Now the Levellers, that going to be heaving!

Will be good though, and it would be nice if it was on very late.

I don't think it'll be that rammed, they're playing a little (400 capacity) club near me this week and its not sold out. Not as big as they used to be. Now the Levellers, that going to be heaving!

Will be good though, and it would be nice if it was on very late.

Well, this is the best news I've had in a while. Their new album is really, really good and a continuation from the awesome mind expanding nonsense they had out a few years ago. I think this may have to be a reefer day!

I have very fond memories of seeing Orb at festivals. I think it was Phoenix festival megadog tent, where there was a screen with a f**ked up version of Ren and Stimpy doing "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" while a purveyor of exotic substances was in the crowd shouting "Orbs on, E's 'n' Trips"

Happy days :lol: