Openair St Gallen Festival

Guest squire

Hi - Im surprised this festival in Switzerland has not been mentioned on these pages given the strength of the lineup. The manics, prodigy, beck, the fratellis, kings of leon, we are scientists, the enemy and a few more decent names. Only £72 for a 3 day ticket as well, including camping, shuttle bus and booking fee!

Has anyone been in previous years, or heading there this year?

Cheers for any info anyone has.

I'm surprised too. The line-up looks deadly! Its a crime not to go. I was considering roskilde but this one looks better so i'm definately going to be at openair. Its so cheap too. cant go wrong. Havent been before so cant say what the atmosphere will be like but as most people say the european festivals are amazing, i'm sure this one will be one NOT to miss!

Edited by Layla8

layla, the ticket with the train from zurich to st.gallen is 28 swiss francs. if you show your festival ticket you get it 20% cheaper. getting from zurich to st.gallen is very easy. if you spend the night in zurich, i can give you some advices... with good weather condicions, openairsg is one of the most beautiful festies (and i've been to many all over europe)...

Edited by branvan

Branvan, Thats really a great help- thanks. Is it easy to get a train ticket on the day or do you think i should book in advance?

So i have a full day and one night in Zurich- What would u recommend to do?

Will you be going to openair this year? This will be my first european music fest...

hey layla, you can get a train ticket on the day, no problem. the train goes every 30minutes and the ticket is valid the whole day. which kind of music do you like? more alternative rock or more dance music?...

i probably don't go this year, but doing summercase instead. which is a shame, because i live near zurich... but missing the preachers... hmm.

Hey Branvan. Great! I will get a train ticket on the day. Will I be able to get a camping space no problem?

Ah shame you missing openair this year. The lineup is so cool. BUT summercase has a fantastic lineup too. Amazing bands like Kings of Leon, The Verve, Ian Brown, Maximo Park, Primal Scream!!! If i wasnt going to Benicassim i'd definately go to Summercase.

my musical taste is more alternative rock to be perfectly honest....

..missing the preachers?

Are you going to any other festivals?

Edited by Layla8

in the open air area, there is a tent/stage called abart (that's a club in zurich), they will play alternative music all three days... missing manic street preachers is a shame. lets wait and see, maybe i'm going to st.gallen.

the fib is great, was there 3 times :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Branvan. Great! I will get a train ticket on the day. Will I be able to get a camping space no problem?

Ah shame you missing openair this year. The lineup is so cool. BUT summercase has a fantastic lineup too. Amazing bands like Kings of Leon, The Verve, Ian Brown, Maximo Park, Primal Scream!!! If i wasnt going to Benicassim i'd definately go to Summercase.

my musical taste is more alternative rock to be perfectly honest....

..missing the preachers?

Are you going to any other festivals?

indeed, we are very friendly :P

@layla8: i decided not to go to st.gallen this year. doing fib and summercase instead :-) but st.gallen will be great this year with the preachers, justice, the kooks... don't forget to take good shoes with you in case of rainy weather, the whole place gets very muddy..

Edited by branvan

Colface- brilliant info. thanks. Sounds like this is gonna be a rocking festival. I love this Helga chant story! Hilarious. I've started practising chanting it already!! So my plan to leave on a very early train on the friday morning to get to St Gallen early is a good plan....I didnt imagine switzerland would be so hot but i'm pleased about that and i'll bear in mind the gazebo.

Branvan- ah well i think FIB is gonna be amazing! Good choice. Thanks for all your help. i'll buy you a beer at st gallen and drink it for you ;-)

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Cant wait for the the open air, went last year going back again with all the lads from liverpool, it was such a good time bloc party bein my highlight, no trouble cheep beer, great music, come and say hello wen were there we'll be flyin the st.george flag.

FANTASTIC! the more i hear about this festival the more excited i get!!! Only 2 weeks to go!!!!!

cheap beer, wicked lineup, loads of people from all over europe, agggghhh, wish it was now!

The weather in switzerland looked a bit shite last nite at the football game! waterlogged pitch. i hope the weather gets better- fingers crossed.

Woop!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hiya everyone, I was at the festival last year.. it was awesome I am def going this year,, another couple of days and cant wait. Instead of going to zurich you can fly to germany friedrichshafen airport (ryanair) n then from there u can take a taxi, only costs like 5 euros to the ferry port n the ferry will only cost u like 10 euros to get to romanshorn then from romanshorn take a train to st gallen.. its so easy n really cheap.. I just hope the weather is as nice as it was last year..