is it wrong, that one the things i most look forward to......

Guest Hazey Jamie

it felt as if i had passed a baby crocodile.

i took the opportunity to check him out, down there in the morning sun, twinkling among a sea of. . . . well, just a sea. i admired him - and thought seriously about taking a photo for posterity, for truly he was a good 8 or 9 incher, and with not an inconsiderable girth!

i left him to live out his days there....

In order of preference:

1) farmhouse flushing loos where someone hasn't pissed on the seat

2) famhouse flushing loos where someone has pissed on the seat

3) binbag in tent

4) longdrop

5) portaloo after its been cleaned (i.e., turned upside down)

6) portaloo in its natural state

In order of preference:

1) farmhouse flushing loos where someone hasn't pissed on the seat

2) famhouse flushing loos where someone has pissed on the seat

3) binbag in tent

4) longdrop

5) portaloo after its been cleaned (i.e., turned upside down)

6) portaloo in its natural state

i took the opportunity to check him out, down there in the morning sun, twinkling among a sea of. . . . well, just a sea. i admired him - and thought seriously about taking a photo for posterity, for truly he was a good 8 or 9 incher, and with not an inconsiderable girth!
Edited by bagpuss

I dropped my stash down the longdrops once, on the 1st minute of the 1st day, and fished it out with my mates flagpole and a gel lid taped to the end........

Now i always check that there is nothing loose to disappear down there..

And that poo pic.... bloody hell..... smeone must have been constipated for a week! Jees...

Edited by babylona

You are all seriously warped - so I must be in the right place! :lol:

Gotta be longdrops all the way - portaloos are just evil.

Loved the 'laying a long cable' comment - genius!

It's going back a few years now (early 90's), but I will never forget the look on my brothers face when he came out of the (not-so) longdrops with an expression of utter horror, stuttering

"I got sppplash back!"

I'm convinced they have improved the depth considerably since then so you can all relax your sphincters!

Binbag in a bucket filled with a little loo roll to absorb the wee in a tent is better, doesnt run all over the floor.... Useful for when your brain tells you to walk but your body just won't!

Amen to that, good brother. my first experience of the long drop was way back in the first flushes of my youth, back in 2005. it was the sunday morning of my first ever glastonbury festival, and i was backed up big time. i was somewhat intimidated by the portaloos, as i saw a hideous incident at the melbourne big day out the previous year, where some young soul was verily tipped over in a portaloo and the poor bastard was covered in theirs, and others, excrement. poor git. in 32 degree heat, too.

sod that, i thought. its the longdrops for me. it was a sunny sunday, approx half nine, and i trotted over to the longdrops by the greenfields entrance, bog paper in hand. i went straight into a central cubicle, saw the layout of a large and sturdy looking board with a convenient bum-shaped receptacle, and thought 'right - lets do this thing'.

it felt as if i had passed a baby crocodile.

i left him to live out his days there, and went back to me campsite with THE BROADEST GRIN ive managed. probably only spurs smacking arsenal 5-1 could match it for big rictus grins. the relief was amazing.

one hour later, with almost unbelievable timing, i needed another. so back it was to the long drops, for another momentous bowel movement.

never again will i trouble a portaloo with my arse. its open air, all the way!

don't fear the longdrop: embrace it with, um, open cheeks!

well, i gotta be honest- when i started this thread i expected 2 replies at most, and i expected both of them to be mildly abusive or disgusted...i am genuinely happy that the green metal sanctuary has more fans than just me

i think we need some 'shouts' for that moment the bundle leaves the rear door and starts its fast downward trajectory...and i wanna hear them onsite at the appropriate moment

something like, "bombs away" or "watch out below"...any other suggestions?

well, i gotta be honest- when i started this thread i expected 2 replies at most, and i expected both of them to be mildly abusive or disgusted...i am genuinely happy that the green metal sanctuary has more fans than just me

i think we need some 'shouts' for that moment the bundle leaves the rear door and starts its fast downward trajectory...and i wanna hear them onsite at the appropriate moment

something like, "bombs away" or "watch out below"...any other suggestions?

Nearly all of them, but not meny for pulic use :lol:. Actuly Reading and Leeds have flushing loos in the arena, Guilfest has flushing loos in the campsite. What impresses me about the flushing loos is there proper porcalin toilets not in those horible portacabins and its real water that comes out not that creepy blue stuff!

Nearly all of them, but not meny for pulic use :lol:. Actuly Reading and Leeds have flushing loos in the arena, Guilfest has flushing loos in the campsite. What impresses me about the flushing loos is there proper porcalin toilets not in those horible portacabins and its real water that comes out not that creepy blue stuff!