The Glasto Handy Tips Guide

Guest sinned666

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baby wipes are better than wet wipes - they are non-deodarized for starters. From experience I can tell you that deodorized wet wipes are not good on sensitive areas. Also, get your baby wipes from Boots - they have a permanent buy one get one free on their own brand wipes.

Also, don't keep a tidy tent - in the (these days unlikely) event of getting your tent turned over, it's far harder for a toerag to find anything if your tent looks a disgrace.

And - if you do get anything nicked, report it - you might get stuff back - I got a wallet back once after the w@nker responsible got caught.

Edited by Buddhafish

Go to m-99.co.uk and for a couple of quid you can get a phone charger that runs on aa/aaa batteries and will see you through the festival

Poo in a binbag, with babywipes. Not as bad as it sounds, actually quite refreshing and a hell of a lot more convenient.

Similarly, wash yourself with babywipes and deodorant, and that gel soap.

Buy a garden trolley from B+Q and you will be able to take any amount of heavy stuff up the steepest hill - they truely are amazing.

Buy some TRAVEL JOHNS, these are available onsite at Joe Bananas if you forget beforehand, fantastic for that 3.00am pee, they don't smell, they re-seal and you just chuck em in the bin afterwards (they are biodegradable).

If you are taking all you spending money in so you don't have to go to the cash machines then spread the money all around, don't keep it all together.

Keep a clean spare set of clothes in your car for the journey home, I would also keep a few cereal bars, water etc aswell incase you are stuck in the car park queue from hell!

Hi guys, great thread.

Top tip - we all like our wee camp fire. Bring a little stove for tea/coffee, heats up in minutes.

For your fire, bring a few fire logs - they light up easy and burn for atleast 4hrs, kicking out mega heat.

I use them at home for my fire, best buy is called "crackle heat". I get mine from sainsbury's but prob get them loads of places. They are the best, cost around a fiver (cheaper ones usually s*ck in comparison).

No need to worry about scrounging fire wood! x

Take a couple of packets of tissues that you can stick in your pocket. Heaven forbid, but if your guts go (which can happen after lots of lager and strange food), you don't want to be hoping that a long drop has some Andrex quilted in. It's a lot more subtle than carrying around a toilet roll all day.

You can't wipe too thoroughly! :(

Anyway, it dangles. There's excess material from the wristband because of my skinny wrists. Cutting it off makes it fray and I don't want the fabric to scratch my anus and get contaminated with my pooey badness. B)

All in all, the wristband will get into less trouble if it's not on my doing hand. B)

Can't believe no one mentioned ear plugs, I maybe in the minority but why I decide to go to sleep at about 04:00-04:30, I like to stay asleep until I want to wake up and not be awoken by pill monkeys talking codshit at 7am. :(

I'm quite surprised no-one has mentioned how important it is to take your own Toilet Rolls!

Also those little disposable BBQ's are brill, we normally take a small cool bag with some bacon and rolls and it's just what you need when you wake up the next morning, especially when they charge at least £3 each from the burger vans - have a few butties in the morning and fill up for the day so less spending on food at least for the first day!

Another essential is hand sanitisier, you can buy it from Boots or Asda in small bottles and it means that whenever you want to eat you know your hands are clean so no nasty stomach bugs (the last thing anyone would want especially at a festival!)

Another little tip is to take a small transparent plastic bag to put your phone in if the rain gets really bad - at least then it stays dry and you can still take it out of your pocket and read messages etc. We ended up putting the loo roll in one last year so it didn't get damp.

Also, when picking a place to camp try not to go too near to the toilets cos if they start to flood it could get messy and if it is a scorcher then they will smell even worse! Always try to camp on a slope rather than at the bottom of a hill so that if the rain is bad then it flows past your tent rather than flooding it! I'm sure it will be gorgeous weather this year but who knows... :(