The Glasto Handy Tips Guide

Guest sinned666

This post applies to everyone.

I thought it would be a good idea for us all to post up some tips about glastonbury.

Anything from what to take, to how to pack would be great.

I think then anyone who may be a glasto veteran or newbie will see the idea and think why didnt i think of that and then do it at the festival thus making life easier..

My suggestion is taking a money belt.

There alot harder to lose, You can sleep with them on, and can be hidden under clothing making it harder for the oppurtunist theif spotting what pocket you have just popped your wallet, cash into.

Good to hold valuables in also.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take an ounce of common sense, and perhaps at least half an ounce of foreign herbage....

Seriously though, I'd say the absolute essentials were:

Sunblock for hot weather, boots and waterproof coat for wet weather, good sweater for cold weather.

A secure pocket for yer money

Enough food and money to sustain yourself for your stay on the farm.

If I had a tip for newbies it might be don't take too much stuff!

Edited by Androoo

top topic starting

and top tips so far

mine

packmate bags (other brands are available but not as durable IMO)

not only do they reduce the area your cloths take up when packing but they keep you cloths dry and fresh in your tent.

tip number two search ebay for UFO led light there are loads available, they're cheap, light, bright, the batteries last ages and the bulbs will last years.

Look after your feet, they are your friend, if the weather is bad you will be on them more than not.

Take plenty of spare socks, Welly boots or Hiking boots will be needed if the weather is shit, if its really shit wellys ARE needed.

Remember Glasto is NOT a fashion show, prepare for everything, warm jumpers etc for night and light waterproves for the rain

Edited by showmethestones

Top tip for blokes:

Buy a male urinal like this and you don't have to leave your tent and walk for ages in the cold and rain to take a slash at whatever ungodly hour the need arises. An aboslute gem after a heavy night. If you think that's horrible then you're welcome to take the walk of doom to the longdrops after a night on Brothers' finest :)

A good idea if you're taking a digital camera (or a phone camera I suppose) is to write your address/email/phone number down and take a photo of it. Have it as the first photo that comes up on the camera display when you turn it on. That way a kind soul who finds it in the mud can get in touch and you won't lose all those precious memories :D

A good idea if you're taking a digital camera (or a phone camera I suppose) is to write your address/email/phone number down and take a photo of it. Have it as the first photo that comes up on the camera display when you turn it on. That way a kind soul who finds it in the mud can get in touch and you won't lose all those precious memories :D

Top tip for blokes:

Buy a male urinal like this and you don't have to leave your tent and walk for ages in the cold and rain to take a slash at whatever ungodly hour the need arises. An aboslute gem after a heavy night. If you think that's horrible then you're welcome to take the walk of doom to the longdrops after a night on Brothers' finest :D

Very good tip, you can often get extremely cheap clone batteries; I bought a couple of these and have no worries about running out of phone power.