The Glasto Handy Tips Guide

Guest sinned666

Couldn't agree more, especially if you turn up drunk.

Last year, it was either the wed or thurs night and i started speaking to this guy at the bottom of the field where the stone circle is. It turned out that he and his mates had got to the festival already smashed, put the tents up and went straight out for a wonder. Later that night he lost them and his phone and because of his complete drunkeness, had forgotten where they were camped (it was his first festival, and had no idea about any landmarks or anything). Well anyways it looked like he really needed the company and some help so i went to brothers bar with him, had some drinks and then decided we would retrace his steps from coming in the site to see if anything would remind him. After a little searching he shortened it down to the fields next to the dance village and other stage, anyways we decided to go our seperate ways and i left him standing on the railways track overlooking the fields looking competley bewildered. Felt so sorry for him and have always wondered what happened to the guy

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I should give my thoughts on this too.

I remember a very long thread last year went on about people who openly piss in the stage areas - there is NO excuse for this - especially blokes. :D

Come on guys - there are SO many urinals dotted ALL over the site. Even by the pyramid stage, there are some on the left (as you're looking at the stage) so even if you're desperate and it's half way through a set, you can still hear it!! :)

And, there is MORE than enough time between sets to have a piss, get another pint and find your way back to your group. And that's just the pyramid when it's the most awkward to get out of the crowd. The smaller stages - even LESS excuse.

Every year I see some clever twat take a sneaky piss whilst standing around other people, and it splashes against unsuspecting people's wellies. It's DISGUSTING. :lol::P

PLEASE don't do it, folks. If it's not for the simple fact it's lazy and revolting, it isn't good for the environment as mentioned earlier.

The Green Police who wander around the site looking for such misdemeanours are always quite amusing to watch - if they see someone pissing in a stream for example, they blow their whistles and alert EVERYONE nearby to the pissee who must feel pretty bloody embarrassed. And rightly so. :)

Urinals are NOT hard to spot, and it's not as if there aren't enough. USE THEM.

I've seen some people arriving with about a million bog rolls. How many shits are they planning to take? I just take a couple of bog rolls. They are always available to buy cheaply from those 24 hour shops, even if they're not doing the free ones this year.

you don't understand that (and maybe i shouldn't point this out) urinals are just a sheet to hide your willy, most of the ones at big stages are overflowing with piss anyway.

not that i'd let it out in the middle of a crowd but in all the pissy mud lasy year, it really didn't make a difference where you releaved yourself.

you don't understand that (and maybe i shouldn't point this out) urinals are just a sheet to hide your willy, most of the ones at big stages are overflowing with piss anyway.

not that i'd let it out in the middle of a crowd but in all the pissy mud lasy year, it really didn't make a difference where you releaved yourself.

• 1 year later...

One of my friends was at glastonbury in 2007, and went out to pee using her shepee... It was bad rain and thick mud and she was a bit the worse for wear, forgot the funnel, so pissed down herself, then fell flat on her face in the mud. She emerged from the mud covered from head to toe, with urine all down herself shepee still in hand! Can't buy class!!

Anyway, agree with the ear-plugs and berroca tips.

Also sleeping mask.

Take one of those foil sheets they give to marathon runners to put over your tent and reflect the sun away so you can sleep for longer without your tent becoming a sauna

Batiste Dry Shampoo for girls!

Lots of over the knee socks with wellies and dry clothes in the car.

Sequins!

Exploring the green fields (and everywhere!) and buying cheap ballgowns and doing glastonbury glam!

two things:

1. dig the towing eye out of your car's tool kit and put it in your glove box. if you need it you don't want to have to unpack your car to get it.

2. if you get stuck in mud, or feel your wheels start to slip on wet grass (not that we'll have mud or wet grass) use 2nd gear. 1st gear has too much torque and your wheels will just spin digging you deeper.