The Pets Thread

Lithium05

We had 2 until just recently. They make good pets and do make some great noises. We kept them outside in the summer and brought them in in the winter months. They used to enjoy being groomed by the kids and would dit on their laps for hours. They need to have their toe nails clipped regularly which can be fiddlly but you could pay for the vet to do it if you'd rather. They eat all sorts of vegies as well as pellets specially for guinea pigs which have added vitamin C which they need. They are social creatures so if you decide on getting them make sure you get a same sex pair otherwise you will be over run in no time! PLEASE dont do what many folk do and buy one guinea pig and one rabbit. Rabbits are much more agressive and bully the poor wee piggies!

I have to say that I would get a rat bofore any other small animal because of their intelligence which makes them easy to train and the fact that they are so clean in their habits.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully we shall be getting a couple of g pigs in the v near future! :D

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I know - they're little freaks. So funny tho, especially the contortions they get themselves into when you give them cat crack nip.

haha, we got these cat stick things from aldi that our cat goes bloody crazy for, we've had to make our cat go cold turkey :)

i remember when i came home and one of our old cats had tried to squeeze himself into a tesco wine carrier :)

and carley - our cat does that all the bloody time....no shame :)

edited to add:

2270832724a2286045130b132459041l.jpg

Edited by minute5072

* midnight toker wishes she could work out how to stick a picture here!! *

we have 2 cats : Kaya and Jasper. Kaya is a right pain - very demanding & noisy, but she's just being true to her breeding of half Bengal / half Burmese. Jasper (aka Lord Waspington the third of Chessington / Waspie / Lord Chompie-Chops) on the other hand is the best cat I have ever had the priviledge of owning. Such a nice personality.

We would love a dog but it's not fair while we're both working full time. We plan to start trying for a family in the summer, so hopefully will get a doggie when I give up work (yes, I know it will be hectic!!)

I kept tropical fish for a long time and loved them. Had to stop though as it was an unnecessary expense. If I win the lottery, I will defo get more. I used to call it channel 5 as I could sit and watch them for hours. :)

Yay - have finally taken the time to work out how to stick piccies here!! (I think - assuming it works!)

Here is Jasper:

jaspereh0.th.jpg

and here are a few of Jasper and Kaya: (Jasper is bigger than Kaya now, and he used to have a bit of a thing for my ears!!) :D

abbiescatsao7.th.png

Edited by midnight_toker

I LOVE cats, but annoyingly im allergic to some. Specially if i rub my eyes... It doesnt always bother me, its as if certain cats are fine and others arent, I'd have to have a test drive with the cat to see if i react or not :D

Me too. I've found though, if I build up contact gradually, eventually I no longer have a reaction. When we brought Connie home I couldn't hold her or stroke her for aaaaages while I got used to her.....she set my asthma off and my eyes went all puffy and red. I'm fine around her now though.

Yep. I'm definately sold on the rats thing.

I'm not liking the bald one though I'm afraid, no offence Chicken!!

Rat's are awesome. The ones I've got know there name and will run and jump on your hand to be carried about - they're very tame and friendly. Even though chicken is the littlest rat, she wins fights with all the others - I think they're slightly scared by her mutant looks.