Glasto/Leeds or both?

Guest jay_sticks

• 1 year later...

i have tickets for glasto + leeds this year + i went to glasto in '08 + '09 too.

glasto is an amazing place, unbeatable in my opionion.

heres my video i made at glasto last year>>

have a look + comment please :P

anyway, i shall be able to compare them both at the end of the year + post it on here!

x

This year will be my 10th Glasto and I have done all the Leeds ( I think ! )

Glasto is the whole festival experience , Leeds is good and I always enjoy it , some parts are

better than Glasto , but G is the best festival in the world.

Luckily I can do both , but if they were on the same weeked , it would be G every time !

I'm doing Glasto for the first time this year as well as Leeds. I'm going to both with different expectations, at leeds I'll be running around trying to catch as many acts as possible whereas at Glasto I'll be taking it easy catching all the sights and sounds.

Do both if you can! I went to Leeds and Glasto in 2008, it was an amazing summer! I could only afford to go to Leeds last year (gutted as I missed Jarvis headlining the JP stage at Glasto) but am doing both again this year :P I tend to prefer the line up at Leeds, but Glastonbury is an amazing experience and definitely worth going to if you can afford it!

• 4 weeks later...

Glasto tickets were much harder to get than Leeds tickets this year. The initial and resale sold out within a few hours, and thats with twice the number of tickets and no lineup announced. You can still get leeds weekend tickets from some outlets, and SEE took a few days to sell out of their allocations.

Been to Leeds since 06, and always have a fantastic time, usually go with 15-30 people. Went to glasto with one other person last year and it was amazing, but in a different way to Leeds, when people ask me to compare them I usually refuse because theyre so different.

Things i noticed between glasto and leeds:

• Glasto crowd has a bigger variation between the ages of the people.

• Glasto crowd is generally more chatty, we had a 20 minute conversation with this lovely geordie couple who must have been about 45+ when we couldnt get into the field to see maximo park.

• The proportion of dicks at glasto is much lower than at Leeds, although the lairy 'lads' of Leeds are replaced by quite a few Moss-a-like wannabes at glasto. They were generally quite nice when we spoke to a few, they just seemed a bit clueless of the world outside London.

• Theres no arena at glasto, you can pack up a rucksack full of booze at the strt of the day and not have to buy an extortionate beer from one of the bars, unless you want it cold that is.

• so much going on at glasto, at leeds you have 6-7 acts on at once, Glasto is a much higher number, and there's so much stuff to do which doesn't include the stages as well.

• Glasto is much more chilled out, we missed gaslight anthem due to my awful sense of direction, decided to go for a wander and ended up seeing pete doherty which was surprisingly good, especially the libs covers. At leeds I generally won't go to see whats on the other stages as I already know which bands I want to see and won't be interested, glasto we only wrote a few bands we wanted to see because theres no point running aroundf trying to catch bands and missing everything.

• food variety at glasto is immense

• At glasto you can feel like youre 10 again and go exploring :P

• the dance field at glasto was a nice surprise too, was only expecting a single stage, but there was 2 main tents and quite a few smaller ones as well.

If you can I'd say go to both, Blur at glasto last year was possibly the highlight of my year, and I'd had quite a year :P

• 1 month later...

Been going to Glastonbury since 07, went Leeds first time last year.

No comparison, Glastonbury shits all over Leeds, for all the reasons already mentioned in this thread. Going Leeds this year only to see The Libs, Arcade Fire and QOTSA!

I only went last year for Radiohead, it's all the same sort of thing, Glastonbury is far more varied, and much more blissful!

;)

Edited by doddy135