Got a question - please look here first!

Guest Flounder

The funny thing about running festivals ( or at least one of them ) are the questions we get asked. We did think about putting them all in a book and publishing it in the future. However, now we have a brand new board to play around with, all FAQ's and a few less frequently asked questions and their appropriate answers, will be published - keep checking back, as we will attempt to update as regularly as poss. :rolleyes:

Do I need a ticket?

Due to the way our licence has been set, everyone on site has to be accounted for - so yes.

Can I bring my dog/cat/rabbit?

This is a working farm. No animals at all ( bar guide dogs) are allowed on-site. You will be refused entry/removed from site if you are found to have brought any in.

Can we scatter my mates ashes during *insert bands name here*?

I'm unsure of the law regarding this and also the farmers feelings on the matter. If we can get you the go-ahead, please be aware of the wind direction.

My Mother has been taken ill/died/just exploded/been captured by the Taliban. Can we have free tickets?

We really don't feel that you should be attending a festival at this, the most difficult of times.

Can we have BBQ's?

Sorry, but we can't have any open fires on site, due to the dry crops nearby.

I've been told my mates band/my band/a band I used to follow years ago are playing. Can you confirm this?

Please look at the line up.

Can my band play?

please go to the applications page of the main website and follow the instructions

Can we trade?

please go to the applications page of the main website and follow the instructions

Can we have a catering stall

Do you do concessions? We have had a lot of expenses this year, what with the holiday abroad, 5 kids, new vehicle etc.

At EiiD we try to keep the price down as low as possible for everyone, whilst still providing a quality event. To this end unfortunately we can't provide any concessions. If you would really like to come, please consider volunteering as a steward.

If I volunteer as a steward, can I split the work between me and my partner and have a family ticket?

Stewards get one ticket each. Unfortunately we can't operate a work-sharing operation. All stewards to however get backstage camping, a meal per shift and access to the bus-bar.

I'm disabled and would like to come to the festival. Unfortunately I can't manage tents,bags etc. Do you offer any facilities for the disabled?

Please email your phone number and we will personally discuss your requirements and where we can help.

Can we come a fortnight beforehand as we want to build it into our holiday and fancy a Dorset based trip?

The festival opens the campsite at Midday on the Friday and closes Midday on the Monday. Unfortunately you cannot be onsite before or after then.

• 2 months later...

Questions about the NO DOGS Rule

Does the "no dogs" rule apply to dogs? Yes.

Does the rule apply to my dog? Yes.

Does it apply on Monday? Yes.

Tuesday? Yes

This Tuesday? This week? Yes.

Does the rule apply to small dogs? Yes.

To nice dogs? Yes.

To family dogs? Yes.

Does it apply to dogs who stay in cars? Yes.

Under tables? Yes.

In motorhomes? Yes.

In campers? Yes.

In tents? Yes.

Does the rule apply to dogs on leads? Yes.

To dogs whose owners never read the rules? Yes.

To dogs who themselves never read the rules? Yes.

To dogs whose owners always thought it was OK to bring a dog? Yes.

To dogs whose owners know it has always been OK to bring a dog? Yes.

Does the rule apply to dogs who don’t like to stay home? Yes.

To dogs who don’t like kennels? Yes.

To dogs that really, really like music? Yes.

To dogs that everyone likes? Yes.

To dogs that think they are people? Yes.

Does the rule apply to dogs whose owners are personal friends of Festival higher-ups? Yes.

To dogs who themselves are personal friends of Festival higher-ups? Yes.

To dogs whose owners have been coming to the festival since the start? Yes.

To dogs whose owners left their other pets at home? Yes.

To dogs whose owners don’t really agree with the rule? Yes.

To dogs whose owners always obey all the rest of the rules? Yes.

Does the rule apply to everyone else's dogs? Yes

Many thanks toOlly ( SubGiant) & Banjo Bill for the "no dogs" rule

Adapted from his "no drumming" rule

• 1 year later...