Weston Park Campsite Guide

Guest Steako

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, this might sound like abit of a random question.. but can anyone remember if there's any places that have got loads of nettles in? Or, do they tend to be round the edges? Or aren't there many..

'Cause I'm kind of allergic to them (they make *area of contact* swell up and blister..) so I don't wanna camp somewhere where's there's loads which I'll probably end up passing out/lying in. :wub:

Thanks in advance!

Right, this might sound like abit of a random question.. but can anyone remember if there's any places that have got loads of nettles in? Or, do they tend to be round the edges? Or aren't there many..

'Cause I'm kind of allergic to them (they make *area of contact* swell up and blister..) so I don't wanna camp somewhere where's there's loads which I'll probably end up passing out/lying in. :wub:

Thanks in advance!

I doubt whether there will be any, never seen any at Leeds or Glastonbury campsites anyway

• 2 months later...

Red Campsite all the way

Got 7 hours sleep from when i got there on fri morn till i woke up mon morn, was brilliant

we got our best sport aswell, bout 3 mins walk threw tents to get there on the right as u walk in, got it last 2 years and am getin that spot once again :)

See you guys on the thurs hopefully, come over for a celebration of being at V, look for the guy dressed as Morrissey and other, includin Johnny Marr, Duff Man, Super Mario, mexicans and many more characters from history

niknik

Stayed in Silver last year. It's sooo close to get to from South Car Parks and getting back to the cars on Monday with a trolley was a doddle compared to those going via red/green. It was a bit of a hike to and from the arena especially if you're wading through 5 feet of mud in the lower campsites but at least silver stayed pretty mud-free. There was a bit of roudiness but nothing on the same Richter scale as red. Toilets stayed pretty clean and were emptied and cleaned regularly.

Top post updated. Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.

totally agree about the gold and red fields. The toilets were just about bearable in the gold c ompared to the rest! Does anybody know if there were any showers in the gold? I would love one this year especially with the extra day.

if everyone avoids red then im camping there, more room and close to the arena... ive actually camped in red for the last 3/4 years. its ok if you camp near the big tree with a log lying next to it. obviously not too close you still have to keep the proximity to anything someone is likely to piss on as far as possible... dont know what the point of this was now, feck it im going gold this year lol

I camped in red last year, it wasn't that bad, got some sleep. It's ok near the big tree and that does help you remember where the hell your tent is too after a day on the beer when you're trying to find it with a fuzzy brain

don't go too close to the back fence cos loads of people will go for a pee up against it

and invest in travel johns to have a pee in in the night, aweseome inventions and no need to be tripping over tents and guy ropes in the pitch dark when you need to go in the middle of the night

I'm goin in red again this year, so please more parties

cmon guys, the trek isnt that far to anywhere. we had shit loads of stuff last year. more than ever. just loaded up the wheelbarrow and got on with it. we camped in green last 2 years. nice place, didnt come across any pricks and neighbours were friendly. may look at gold this year as people report good vibe there too. would prefer to walk to get somewhere nice than camp with twats all around me

This Thread is really Informative. I had no idea that where you chose to pitch your tent would effect your experience quite as much!

Think i will be going for one of the quieter sites... Not that i'm a stick in the mud but i think a couple of hours sleep is gunna be needed!

This Thread is really Informative. I had no idea that where you chose to pitch your tent would effect your experience quite as much!

Think i will be going for one of the quieter sites... Not that i'm a stick in the mud but i think a couple of hours sleep is gunna be needed!

It can make a massive difference to be honest. One year I got so rammed in with tents round me that the only space I had outside it was just about by the door. Did not make for the most "relaxing" festival experience. It felt more like a badly run refugee camp.

They were so packed in that I was suprised that no one fell through my tent when they were navigating through the mess of wires.

It can make a massive difference to be honest. One year I got so rammed in with tents round me that the only space I had outside it was just about by the door. Did not make for the most "relaxing" festival experience. It felt more like a badly run refugee camp.

They were so packed in that I was suprised that no one fell through my tent when they were navigating through the mess of wires.

Yeah i heard it can be a little Cramped!! I'm thinking of getting imagenitve with some glow in the dark paint and streamers so i can find my tent at the end of the evening!

Camping from Thursday and no there are not any showers there, as I have an extra day of muck to contend with I am treating myself to a pamper sesion in the powder rooms on the Saturday morning, hair washed and dried and a lovely facial

Sounds like a plan, but what do you mean no showers? B)

I'm not stalking by way just thought I'd see what the glasto goss was...

shoptildrop did u add me on facebook the other day? my laptop froze grrr then couldnt find u on it after lol x

yes I have added, have had a nosy round your page but not posted anything yet but did invite u to the V event I set up (think u accepted will have to check later as at work)

quite like the belly dancing pis on your b/day :D

I've been last 3 years and frequented yellow on all 3 occasions, can't knock it to be honest. Red sounds like my idea of hell after 17 hours (9am - 2am) on the scoops!

Just hoping yellow site is open on the Thursday, don't want to end up couped up in red due to lack of alternatives, plus I'm a Bluenose! :D

red always seems to be the way to go, we have been there for the last 3 years nr the big tree with the log on the floor by it on your right as you enter the campsite... can get a little noisey and some pople are just weird there (some guy trotted up to us thinkin he was a horse and asked for some water) but overall its a good place, the constant humming from the vans will get you to sleep if you need it, will probably end up there again

red always seems to be the way to go, we have been there for the last 3 years nr the big tree with the log on the floor by it on your right as you enter the campsite... can get a little noisey and some pople are just weird there (some guy trotted up to us thinkin he was a horse and asked for some water) but overall its a good place, the constant humming from the vans will get you to sleep if you need it, will probably end up there again

It must get cramped round that tree, everyone claims to camp round it.

it does but i find if your obnoxious enough on the friday you end up with loadsa room lol

I think that is the same tree we have camped round in the past but seems as we havent been in 3 years i can't be sure

Heading to Gold this year i think after camping next to the camp site disco at leeds last year i fancy the quiet life this year

Sounds like a plan, but what do you mean no showers? :D

I'm not stalking by way just thought I'd see what the glasto goss was...

Stalk away ha ha

No showers, they apparently have showers but I have never ever found them, at Download the showers are filthy and cold but appear to be non existent at V, I am defo going to the Powder rooms this year though on Saturday morning.

The tree is legendary it is the only thing thats helps me get back to Gold, he he, head for the tree

No showers, they apparently have showers but I have never ever found them, at Download the showers are filthy and cold but appear to be non existent at V, I am defo going to the Powder rooms this year though on Saturday morning.

powder rooms....oooooh what can you get done there?

powder rooms....oooooh what can you get done there?

from what I remember it was as follows

Hairdriers

GHD

Hair wash and dry

Cleanse, tone, moisturise

think mini facials

and i'm sure mini pedis/manis

Was sort of in the far left corner of the site passed the fair, near were the green/silver entrance was