Weston Park Campsite Guide

Guest Steako

The spiders are tiny tiny little things (like money spiders), they live there all year round peacefully and then all of a sudden 80 thousand people set up camp on top of them. I have a tent with an inner tent, they all set up shop in the top of my tent but went no where near the inner tent where I slept so no problem, I camped on Gold and they were there, so it is not just blue, just kleep the tent doors shut (you can buy littlke tiny mite camping candles that keep away any insects by letting off the smell of lavender, they are in tins but bloody dont forget that you have one burning)

The review also says about Gold being quiet, you dont have people running round screaming or puking on your tent all night but Gold for me last year was far from quiet.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me chuckle how no one seems to have any problems with them in red. It must be that dirty even the spiders dont wanna sleep there! ;)

there in red you just have Bigger problems... dodge the puke ridden pissed up half naked guy staggering around callin everyone his best mate... its a fun game

there in red you just have Bigger problems... dodge the puke ridden pissed up half naked guy staggering around callin everyone his best mate... its a fun game

Sounds fun, I remember going in the toilets in red on the way back to blue - was one of the worse but it does look a packed site

Spiders really don't remember seeing them at all and I was in Blue

Edited by shoptildrop

Just out of interest, anyone know how crowded or what the facilities are like in the disabled area?

I'm accompanying a student I look after who is registered disabled (although is actually very able) so we have his ticket and a free carer ticket plus a ticket for another member of staff - we were wondering if we should go for a main camping area and see how well he joins in with the banter etc etc - or will it be better to use disabled area due to the better conditions (?) there?

Cheers

Great idea and has given me a good idea of where i might set up camp this year.

Last year I stayed on Red... never again!

Dont get me wrong I like to party like everyone else, but to the point where I had NO sleep and I could hear a couple in the next tent getting up to no good and people screaming "POLICE SOMEONES ROBBED OUR TENT" This was continuous throughout the night and I literally had about half an hour sleep and gave up in the end.

SO BUSY AND SO CRAMMED AND SO DISGUSTING!!!

I think its more for the idiotic party people to be honest! (No offence to the idiotic party people... just not my scene)

Where is everyone here thinking of camping this year then?

HIPPY xx

Aww, nothing wrong with a bit of spiders, their lovely things, it's dogs I have a fear of, which is a more awkward fear in everyday life.

Great idea and has given me a good idea of where i might set up camp this year.

Last year I stayed on Red... never again!

Dont get me wrong I like to party like everyone else, but to the point where I had NO sleep and I could hear a couple in the next tent getting up to no good and people screaming "POLICE SOMEONES ROBBED OUR TENT" This was continuous throughout the night and I literally had about half an hour sleep and gave up in the end.

SO BUSY AND SO CRAMMED AND SO DISGUSTING!!!

I think its more for the idiotic party people to be honest! (No offence to the idiotic party people... just not my scene)

Where is everyone here thinking of camping this year then?

HIPPY xx

Yeah, I think its psychological really, people see what Red is like and automatically think everywhere else is the same so then have to find a place to squeeze in. I'd certainly recommend Green or Gold, far nicer and good nights sleep there, lots more personal space there; almost like a commercial campsite somewhere.

Yeah i had more or less the same experience in red, and like you said....never again!!! I really enjoyed blue last year so may end up there this year again or give green a try?

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of green... although its a far FAR treck from the car park with alll your belongings!

May have to invest in some sort of trolley this year to help me along :unsure:

HIPPY xx

if everyone avoids red then im camping there, more room and close to the arena... ive actually camped in red for the last 3/4 years. its ok if you camp near the big tree with a log lying next to it. obviously not too close you still have to keep the proximity to anything someone is likely to piss on as far as possible... dont know what the point of this was now, feck it im going gold this year lol

Just out of interest, anyone know how crowded or what the facilities are like in the disabled area?

I'm accompanying a student I look after who is registered disabled (although is actually very able) so we have his ticket and a free carer ticket plus a ticket for another member of staff - we were wondering if we should go for a main camping area and see how well he joins in with the banter etc etc - or will it be better to use disabled area due to the better conditions (?) there?

Cheers

I would contact the organisers, I think it depends on the disability,

I walked past the disabled campsite last year and there were a few tents in there but it wasnt overly crowded so id imagine that the toilets in there would be fairly clean and there wouldnt be long q's. If you wanted to go for one of the main campsite maybe you could try gold and grey as there not so crowded and have better(ish) facilities and you still get the banter!

Reckon I'm gonna be in green, or maybe blue? Or maybe gold - too far away? Hmm..

Any advice for where we should camp (two festival virgins, wanting it to be lively, but with abit of sleep?!)

Go for Green or Gold I'd definitely recommend. If you get there about mid afternoon or so you'll find the campsites like Red completely packed, when faced with this a lot of people make the mistake of thinking everywhere will be the same and try to cram in even further. If you keep on walking however you'll get to the nice and quiet campsites.

In 06 I got to Green perhaps around 3 or 4, we put our tent up in the middle of a wide open space. It wasn't too long until others camped near us but there was lots of open space and we ended up having quite a few neighbours. We could have even gone further and had no one near us.

Reckon I'm gonna be in green, or maybe blue? Or maybe gold - too far away? Hmm..

Any advice for where we should camp (two festival virgins, wanting it to be lively, but with abit of sleep?!)

if its your first time then i would deffo go for blue! its an amazing campsite with night life but you can still get a good nights kip! it doesnt get too crowded untill sat afternoon either

I think we stayed in green last year, the toilets were really ok compared to others, and it didn't seem too far to walk from car park, but was a nightmare walking back from the arena.

I had a few spiders in my tent, but not lots.

As for noise, it was really quiet, and i slept so peacefully, I had a rock as a pillow, but pitching our tent was a nightmare because there were rocks (large stones- I like to exaggerate) everywhere.

Ooh, thanks tinkerbell and Squall moogle.

So I'm down to green or blue now, but got plenty of time to sort that out.

I really want it to be August now..

No, definately Gold, right next to North car park so you do not have to walk far with your things, faster to set up when you get there so can chill all day with a lovely glass (plastic glass shaped thing) of pims. Toilets are cleanish, good parties at night but not full of 14 year olds puking all night, lots of night entertainment, people playing guitars etc.. the walk is no where near as bad as what people say, we take a drink when walking down to the Arena and meet lots of lovely people.