Weather

Guest mr blue

Don't mean to worry anyone, but last years Womad - held about 30 miles from Wychwood - was the muddiest Festival I've ever been to. Worse than any of the Glastonmuds I've waded through. So muddy, they were towing campervans ON TO the site after the first hour!

Don't panic, don't panic Captain Mainwearing - it surely can't be that bad, can it ???????????

Seriously, it won't.....

Anyone else remember Womad'07

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about Womad, I think the organisers were not being too clever in the conditions.

No way would I allow my van to be towed on, I'd park up in the external car park at the racecourse, which has a decent surface, if it looks too muddy. But for just two of us we don't need awnings or tents or stuff like that, couldn't do it if we all went.

Weather on Sat looks pants according to Beeb. Cold and wet.

Edited by campin' queen

yeah i've just checked- hello all by the way, i'm a bit new here so hopefully now i've remembered how to log in i'll be on a bit more.

went on a few national and international weather sites-and all seem to say a bit cloudy,maybe a spot of rain and about 20-22C on average.....saying that a hot festy's nice- but damn its hard to escape heat(like going back to your tent helps!- like a freakin oven)

still take the ol kag in a bag though.... <_<

Must not forget to buy suncream, otherwise I will turn into a very pink person.

Heck--I`ve never subscribed to a forum with such a leaning towadrs bentdom... bits of pink-- Mr Blues (TOGITV)

Doctors who baltantly AREN`T Doctors... women who MAY be women , pigbiscuits.. and varying degress of mincin too.

I`m really not too sure about all this me.

den

Well the BBC said the weather in London today was going to be warmer and sunnier with the very occasional shower. It started raining at about 2 p.m. and has not stopped since, and it is freezing out there, I have the heating on. Taking fleeces, schmangle, wellies and mac.

In Bristol right now and the weather last night was horrid, especially on the way down just as we got on the last stratch of the M4 before arrival. Cleared up now and it's all rather nice, but I suspect it's going to be a bit wet when we get on-site. Glad I bought my wellies!

In Bristol right now and the weather last night was horrid, especially on the way down just as we got on the last stratch of the M4 before arrival. Cleared up now and it's all rather nice, but I suspect it's going to be a bit wet when we get on-site. Glad I bought my wellies!

I'm in Bristol too and yep that rain was horrid .... but I'm pretty sure it didn't get as far north as Cheltenham. ;)

At 11pm last night "the man from wychwood" texted me that they were "blessed with there weather here". :)

Somerset has been far worse hit than Gloucestershire overnight and the Wychwood site is pretty good in bad weather.

Large tarmac and gravel car parks available for example if ground is too soft for vehicles to park on grass.

Anyway, Wychwood is such a damn fine festival that I'll be driving there today whatever the weather! ;)

Somerset has been far worse hit than Gloucestershire overnight and the Wychwood site is pretty good in bad weather.

Large tarmac and gravel car parks available for example if ground is too soft for vehicles to park on grass.

Anyway, Wychwood is such a damn fine festival that I'll be driving there today whatever the weather! ;)

Can't blame the festival for it being "dull cloudy and a bit cold."

Be grateful you've still got a festival mate - I guess the Sunrise organisers would rather have "dull cloudy and a bit cold" than a flash-flooded site that the police won't allow access to.

That's a bit of a bugger for them, but the news says the floods are subsiding as rapidly as they arrived in a lot of places, so perhaps, absent more rain today, thinks will improve enough to let the festival happen.

i doubt it - from what I've heard the site was worse even before yesterday's rain than Glastonbury 07 was at the end. It appeared to be touch and go as to wether it would happen before yesterday's rain, and that finished it off.

(the Sunrise site has the same clay-based soil as Worthy Farm, so doesn't drain well).