Wizard Festival 2008

Guest music_nutter

Last year's festival was awesome. I had a great weekend, it was well organised and run for a first year festival.

Wizard had a really good line up for a first festival and this year's line up is set to blow last years away. I hear through the grapevine that there will be an announcement soon, so I thought I would start up a thread on the north east of Scotland's premier festy.

I am getting excited about this years festival. I think that this festy could become as great as Belladrum.

Who do you want to see? What would you like added that was missing from last years festival?

These are a few links to Wizard to contact the festival directly about information and tickets.

I shall post the lineup as soon as I know.

http://www.bebo.com/wizardfestival

http://www.wizardfestival.com

http://www.myspace.com/wizardfestival

Edited by music_nutter

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a press release went out today with info about early bird tickets and details of the festy. Line up is coming soon. There are also details of how to get your band a spot and wizard.

Early Bird Tickets Now on sale for Wizard 2008, August 22 and 23, New Deer, Aberdeenshire

Early Bird tickets for this year's Wizard festival have gone on sale at Ticket Master & Ticket Scotland from 2pm on Saturday March 1st.

North East Scotland's premier music event will be held over the weekend of August 22 and 23rd at the New Deer Showground just outside the picturesque village of New Deer in Aberdeenshire.

Following the huge success of last year's inaugural event, organisers have been inundated with requests for early ticket releases from excited festival goers who are keen not to miss out and who want to bag themselves a bargain.

Last year more than 3000 people flocked to the festival site over a two day period, to enjoy a mix of music, international food, circus acts and children's entertainment. With tickets in such high demand this year Wizard is expected to sell out quickly.

2007's Wizard saw prestigious acts such as the Undertones, Sandi Thom, The Law, Hayseed Dixie and The Cuban Brothers take to the stage all making for an exciting musical mix which incorporated old, new and up and coming acts.

This year the line up is shaping up to be one of the most diverse on the circuit with some exquisite bands jostling to head the bill on any one of the three stages.

In keeping with it's commitment to give up and coming live acts some real festival exposure Wizard organisers are currently hosting a Battle of the Bands night every Monday at The Tunnels in Aberdeen. Competition has been so fierce among some of Scotland's most talented bands that acts are expected to be battling it out right up until June. The coveted prize for the winners is a slot on the main stage at Wizard alongside some of the UK's most respected bands. There is still time to enter the Wizard Festival's Battle of the Bands by contacting the Tunnels on: 01224 625005 or via MySpace at www.myspace.com

/tunnelsaberdeen.

Held under a blanket of stars near the unspoilt and beautiful ancient village of New Deer, Wizard promises to be one of the worst kept secrets on the Scottish festival scene in 2008.

· Wizard 2008 happens on Friday August 22 and Saturday August 23 at the New Deer Showground, New Deer, Aberdeenshire.

· Media Contact for press passes and all further information:

Phone: 07939 576300

· Festival line up to be released shortly.

· Early Bird Ticket prices are available March 1st until March 15

Adult weekend ticket: £60.00 - includes camping and parking

Adult day Ticket: £40.00 - includes camping and parking Saturday only

Child Weekend -12 year old and under go free

Child Saturday -12 year old and under go free

· Tickets can be purchased from:

TICKETS SCOTLAND: 0870 220 1116

TICKET MASTER: 0870 169 0100

www.ticketmaster.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
Wizards is looking to be spectacular this year!

i missed last years one due to work.

Got my tickets for this year already though.

should be amazing

any idea when the next announcement will be?

I am total chuffed about this :D alabama 3 are awesome, I never tire of going to see them. They will be particularly good for wizard too, in a tent will be great. The Cinematics are pretty good too, caught them supporting Editors a couple of years back and they are a great band :blink:

Edited by music_nutter