Rock im Park

Guest tommay

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Are there many Irish going over this year?? Myself and a friend are heading over, 2 girls, cannot wait!! Is anyone thinking of setting up a camp? It's always good to get a gang together! Camps Cp 4.4-.10 look the best to me, but I've never been so I'm certainly no expert.

We're hoping to fly to Frankfurt early Thursday morning, fingers crossed that the good spots aren't all gone by the time we get there.

So who's everyone looking forward to seeing? Marilyn Manson is a must for us, he's got such a good rep for brilliant shows!

Are there many Irish going over this year?? Myself and a friend are heading over, 2 girls, cannot wait!! Is anyone thinking of setting up a camp? It's always good to get a gang together! Camps Cp 4.4-.10 look the best to me, but I've never been so I'm certainly no expert.

We're hoping to fly to Frankfurt early Thursday morning, fingers crossed that the good spots aren't all gone by the time we get there.

So who's everyone looking forward to seeing? Marilyn Manson is a must for us, he's got such a good rep for brilliant shows!

Hi there everyone,

first time poster so apologies if anything i ask has been mentioned. though ive done my best to look through first without looking like an idiot!

been to download the last 2 years but weve decided to give rock im park a go this year! really cant wait but the only downside is im driving! were going to be doing a road trip type thing, arriving in plenty of time to get camped up!

my main concern is parking. were not 100% sure if you had to buy a separate parking ticket like you do with download (i know euro festivals are probably different but im ignorant to this :P ) or whether you can just show up and park your car.

also are there any security issues with vandalism and theft like there can be in England?

thanks for your help!

:ph34r:

not sure about onsite parking but its right next to city so at worst you will find someplace to park in centre (maybe pay site) or not far from the festival is a sort of housing area which you could easily park on, and it looks pretty nice. you could just go back on the morning just to check on it.

Oh so which are ye booking, we're getting the Aer Lingus from Dublin , they actually worked out cheaper for once. Sorted it all out last night, RIP seems so much closer now!! Just 3 weeks left :P

The timetables up and everything, the only real clash I can see is Korn and Basement Jaxx. Would love to see Basement Jaxx but really have no choice, :P ah well!!

Edited by Furious-Red

Yep, thats the one we'll be taking too, I don't expect that we'll be all that chatty at that time in the morn, but we'll wake up! I'd say there'll be a couple others on that flight too, looked like the handiest, where are ye travelling from that morning? We're leaving from Galway, pity there's nothing from Shannon!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few Questions :

1 . Do you get those kinda dog tag tings with all the line up n stuff ?

2. I arrive in frankfurt at 10am on thurs , just wondering how long will i take roughly to get to RIP from there.

3. What campsites usually fill up quick

4. Is it far from the RIP to the closet town ( Nuremberg )

Oh is there many Irish heading over

• 10 years later...

Hi, I’m looking to go to this festival for the first time this year. The only tickets available are weekend camping tickets. We want to stay in the town and go back and forth to the festival. Does anyone know if we can leave the park each day and get back in the next morning on these tickets? No other tickets are available. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me x