Rock im Park

Guest tommay

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also love an english website for rock im park cos its my first time going and dont really know the best way to get there. We are travelling from Hamburg to Frankfurt for 9 euro on the bus and then to Nurnberg. Does anybody know the cheapest way to get to Nurnberg from Frankfurt on the morning of the festival or even is it cheaper to go to Nurnberg straight from Hamburg? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

its easy enough to get from frankfurt to nurnberg, just take the train to the frankfurt south station i think it is, from there get the direct train to nurnberg, the staff at the station can tell you exactly where to go, you should have no trouble. once in nurnberg its a 15 min tram ride to the festival site. just follow all the other people with back packs and metallica t shirts. have never been to hamberg so i can't help ya there.

The only bad thing about the german rail system is that website, really confusing. last time i went to germany i nearly had a 125 euro ticket bought for the frankfurt to nurnberg train. You have to get the special saver and group discounts they have if your with a few people. Don't buy a bahnkart ticket or you'll get kicked off the train fro not having a bahnkart which costs a few hundred and is for regular train travellers.

In the end i got a ticket for about 30 or 40 i think. and that was return, best thing to do is email the train company, bahn.de they told me how to get the cheap ticket.

The only bad thing about the german rail system is that website, really confusing. last time i went to germany i nearly had a 125 euro ticket bought for the frankfurt to nurnberg train. You have to get the special saver and group discounts they have if your with a few people. Don't buy a bahnkart ticket or you'll get kicked off the train fro not having a bahnkart which costs a few hundred and is for regular train travellers.

In the end i got a ticket for about 30 or 40 i think. and that was return, best thing to do is email the train company, bahn.de they told me how to get the cheap ticket.

This will be my 1st festival abroad and am actually camping on my own. eeks i know.

my mate's went and got their ticket with a hotel package thing the fools.

Was jus wondering if alot of brits go and also if the germans/ french and whoever else goes speak english/nice attitudes/friendly n all the rest of it????

On another note Rage, Prodigy and Incubus on the same day, and Metallica to close the weekend.... oh hell yeah!

i'm tempted but its a bit daunting, i've never been to germany and now i'm gonna go, try and find the festival, camp and survive the weekend... on my own! speaking no german too :P

how are people getting there? i guess the airport is quite close to the festival yeah?

i'm tempted but its a bit daunting, i've never been to germany and now i'm gonna go, try and find the festival, camp and survive the weekend... on my own! speaking no german too :P

how are people getting there? i guess the airport is quite close to the festival yeah?

alright guys,

I went to this festival last year and it's absolutely brilliant, you'll have a blast!

It's quite easy to get to as well, there is a train from the airport straight to the city centre and from there you jump on another train to the festival.. There are a couple of stations within about 5-10 minute walk away. We camped in area C4 which as i recall is the biggest campsite there..

Don't worry about not speaking german because 90% of people speak very good english and are really friendly towards foreigners.. I spent loads of time sitting with a big group of swiss people who had camped next to us and they were really good fun.

I was going to go this year but my mate and his girlfriend have decided to stay in a hotel instead of camp which is very lame to say the least

.. who stays in a hotel for a festival?! So i think i'm gonna try for Reading festival instead..

anyway, have a great time.

Been to Rock IM Park for the last two years and going again this year.

Not into the camping thing so yes, we stay in a hotel!!! and yes its cheating but I ain't as young as I used to be and as the Hotel we use is right on top of the camp site you don't have far to walk each day. The walk is to the hypermarket for beer and food also isn't far.

check out sites like www.parkrocker.net for info and rumours, you can always use google to translate for you.

We are flying from Stanstead to Nuremberg with Air Berlin, only down side is the flight times are not ideal, much too early on the Monday coming back but its a direct route and as the flights from city airport seem to have stopped we don't have much choice.

The festival itself is great, Loads of room to move about (unlike Reading) and the people are very friendly and as someone else said most speak english.

For anyone going I would recommend visiting the documentation museum if you get chance one morning, its not as boring as the name suggests and its right on top of the festival site.

They don't let bottles into the festival itself, not even plastic ones so you have to take those tetra packs instead. They have to be 1 litre or less and then you should be ok to take that in.

On the odd occasion in the past we have had to show our ticket stub as well as the wrist band to get in so be warned.

Its a great festival which is mainly geared up for rock fans but there is always something for everyone. You will also find that some bands that are well known over here are unheard of there so you get a good place at the front quite easily. We had that for Gallows last year.

If you go then have a great time.

So with Offspring added to the bill, we now get 2/3 headliners for download as well as the 2/3 headliners for reading and leeds.

and all for bout 100quid, the germans aint stupid for one thing.

just wondering has anyone on here done this festival on their own before??

Hi everyone. Newbie here. Been lurking for a week or so as this forum has been a great source of information for someone like me who's thinking of going to a non-UK festival for the first time. Rock am Ring was the first choice but seeing as that's now sold out, am thinking of getting tickets for Rock im Park.

I'm hoping someone can help me. We're thinking of getting a campervan and driving over there - have a bit of a roadtrip sort of thing. Does Rock im Park have their own version of Nordschleife? Or somewhere that caters for campervans? (Sorry if I'm asking daft questions, but I'm a relatively inexperienced festival goer).

Thanks!

how does it differ from rock am ring, any chance of grass in the arena? (sounds stupid but it seemed weird walking around on a race track at RaR, i like to be able to see trees and greenery when i'm at a fest ;) )

hey hey, we're a gang of swedes headed down to RIP. it'll be our first time too! we've browsed about the german rail-sites and the best thing we could find were the 5-day trainpasses which cost like €140 or something like that.. but they haven't been bought yet, so if we manage to find those €30-40 tickets that would be awesome..

so could you who have been there before fill us in on things like how quickly the campsites fill up, which ones to avoid, what things we can't bring in, etc etc. just general RIP-tips pretty much.. that would be really appreciated - by most people here methinks!