Rock En Seine 2008

Guest Uncle Liam

I'm thinking of going to Paris for Rock En Seine. I havent been to Paris in Ten Years and I loved the place then and would love to go back. I believe its right in the heart of Paris and therefore there isnt any camping? also, does anyone know how much it costs for tickets, drinks etc? I Know Paris isnt cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

hey.

i went last year it was brilliant. and it's got camping i camped, but it's not centre of Paris. you can get there on metro but it's about an hour from central Paris. It's all fields and trees and stuff.

tickets are about £120 i think, camping you pay separately. But yeah last year was brilliant i loved it. you get free breakfast every morning, they xboxes and you can meet the bands and ask them questions in one of the tents. foods awesome, they got a wine bar, hot water in showers. lineup last year was awesome, kings of leon, bjork, faithless, jarvis cocker, arcade fire. and there's an indie rock disco until 3am after the bands.

you should definitely check it out.

oh, and Paris is not as expensive as Amsterdam! believe me i learnt the hard way. drink wine and it's cheap, beers are expensive.

hey.

i went last year it was brilliant. and it's got camping i camped, but it's not centre of Paris. you can get there on metro but it's about an hour from central Paris. It's all fields and trees and stuff.

tickets are about £120 i think, camping you pay separately. But yeah last year was brilliant i loved it. you get free breakfast every morning, they xboxes and you can meet the bands and ask them questions in one of the tents. foods awesome, they got a wine bar, hot water in showers. lineup last year was awesome, kings of leon, bjork, faithless, jarvis cocker, arcade fire. and there's an indie rock disco until 3am after the bands.

you should definitely check it out.

oh, and Paris is not as expensive as Amsterdam! believe me i learnt the hard way. drink wine and it's cheap, beers are expensive.

hello, are you the long-missed mr. overexeggeration...?!?!?!

come on, 1 hour form paris city centre??? thats definetely not correct. takes you about half an hour at the most from lets say the louvre plus a 5-10 min. walk or so from the metro station to th festival site. and 120 quid for the tickets? you sure you were at rock en seine? they were cheaper than that..., although camping is extra, i guess thats the only thing thats right. the lineup has always been amazing and i went in on the sunday last year and in both days in 2004 (its a now 3 day festival now, up to last year only 2 days though), and combined the festival with a paris sightseeing trip. jim morrisons grave and stuff like that. be sure to buy a 3 day metro ticket for 3 zones, you´ll need it. the festival site is also one of the best i´ve ever seen, lots of trees and interesting art exhibitions...i.e. craig robinsons music artist portraits from last year. great stuff. see to get a cheap hotel (www.bootsnall.com), with all the walking round paris, a nice bed is for sure somewaht luxurious.

Edited by Operator

• 2 weeks later...
hello, are you the long-missed mr. overexeggeration...?!?!?!

come on, 1 hour form paris city centre??? thats definetely not correct. takes you about half an hour at the most from lets say the louvre plus a 5-10 min. walk or so from the metro station to th festival site. and 120 quid for the tickets? you sure you were at rock en seine? they were cheaper than that..., although camping is extra, i guess thats the only thing thats right. the lineup has always been amazing and i went in on the sunday last year and in both days in 2004 (its a now 3 day festival now, up to last year only 2 days though), and combined the festival with a paris sightseeing trip. jim morrisons grave and stuff like that. be sure to buy a 3 day metro ticket for 3 zones, you´ll need it. the festival site is also one of the best i´ve ever seen, lots of trees and interesting art exhibitions...i.e. craig robinsons music artist portraits from last year. great stuff. see to get a cheap hotel (www.bootsnall.com), with all the walking round paris, a nice bed is for sure somewaht luxurious.

has anyone got any idea of lineup for this yet? haven't been able to see an english version of their site and found it bit hard to navigate...

know the lineup's normally pretty strong,but would like a couple of heads up before getting my ticket...

cheers, chloë

normally the lineup also has a few bands that do reading and leeds...

but its hard to predict anything as the festival´s always had a few great surprises, i.e. björk last year or robert plant in 05 i think it was.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Rock en Seine 2009 is going to get announced on 8th April.

Going to be over 3 days - 28th, 29th, 30th August.

Tickets rumoured to be 45 euro per day or 99 euro for 3 days (no camping included)

Acts so far:

Oasis

Faith No More

MGMT

The Prodigy

Bloc Party

The Offspring

Madness

Vampire Weekend

Eagles Of Death Metal

Just Jack

Birdy Nam Nam