End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

Padley: according to the eFests news archives last year's second announcement was in late April so they're already ahead of schedule. That's probably when the next one will be.

Foxy: I think there were still tickets available with a week left last year but I suspect with the increasing profile they'll go earlier this year.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The National would be a great call but I'm still hoping for Eels, maybe My Morning Jacket.

I'd love this festival to sell out early, just so the organisers could relax, but I suspect it'll always be one that people decide to buy tickets for after they've been to a bigger one.......Latitude finishes 20th July.....lots of people get paid at the end of the month.......I wouldn't leave it till the 1st August!

Got mine pre-sale mind so I'm kinda relaxed-cum-smug here.

The National would be a great call but I'm still hoping for Eels, maybe My Morning Jacket.

I'd love this festival to sell out early, just so the organisers could relax, but I suspect it'll always be one that people decide to buy tickets for after they've been to a bigger one.......Latitude finishes 20th July.....lots of people get paid at the end of the month.......I wouldn't leave it till the 1st August!

Got mine pre-sale mind so I'm kinda relaxed-cum-smug here.

Have finally sucumbed - and bought ticket.

I suddenly realised that in addition to Mercury Rev, BSP, and Low they have Sun Kil Moon - didn't even realise that this guy toured. His albums are magical.

Looking forward to a good end to the season (in addition to, hopefully, Glastonbury, and Latitude (already bought))

Just bought ticket.. yay! :D I've heard great things about EotR so can't wait. However I can't wait till September for my festie-fill. I can't decide between a few others... Think i'll go to Green man and i'm thinking either Latitude, Endorse-it-in-Dorset or Big Chill. Any recommendations from you lot? I've not been to any of them, just Glasto (plus Reading and Womad) which i'm giving a miss this year in search of some smaller treasures!

Well i think it's fairly obvious from other posts that I'll say......LATITUDE!!!!

Until I get disappointed EOTR and Latitude are going to stay my 2 "must dos".

But in terms of actual advice I'd say look at the full line-ups for last year for all three (should be findable via google) and go for the one this year that would've suited you best last year. No guarantee of course.

ps people are not kidding though when they rave about the non-music stuff at Latitude....if you're a fan of all the arts you will be like a kiddie in a sweet shop.......that comedy line up would grace the Edinburgh Festival, let alone one in a field.

But huge "ups" for making End of the Road your first purchase though.....however much I may go on about Latitude.....it was EOTR that I got in a pre-sale!!!!!

Well i think it's fairly obvious from other posts that I'll say......LATITUDE!!!!

Until I get disappointed EOTR and Latitude are going to stay my 2 "must dos".

But in terms of actual advice I'd say look at the full line-ups for last year for all three (should be findable via google) and go for the one this year that would've suited you best last year. No guarantee of course.

ps people are not kidding though when they rave about the non-music stuff at Latitude....if you're a fan of all the arts you will be like a kiddie in a sweet shop.......that comedy line up would grace the Edinburgh Festival, let alone one in a field.

But huge "ups" for making End of the Road your first purchase though.....however much I may go on about Latitude.....it was EOTR that I got in a pre-sale!!!!!

Edited by blackplanet8

Thinking of doing this by coming over from central Europe.

Does anyone happen to know if there are good connections (road/rail) from any of the main ports in the south of England?

Sorry, probably an obscure question but thought it was worth a try!

We'd also be arriving only late on the Friday evening - does this mean we'd miss tons of stuff or is the main action over the Saturday and Sunday?

Thanks!

Thinking of doing this by coming over from central Europe.

Does anyone happen to know if there are good connections (road/rail) from any of the main ports in the south of England?

Sorry, probably an obscure question but thought it was worth a try!

We'd also be arriving only late on the Friday evening - does this mean we'd miss tons of stuff or is the main action over the Saturday and Sunday?

Thanks!

Southampton is closest (30-40 miles?) I'd guess but I think Portsmouth (60ish miles?) has more ferries.

By road either is very easy.

There used to be a Portsmouth to swansea (i think) train that called at Southampton and Salisbury and the festival is laying on busses from Salisbury station.

Friday is a slightly shorter day than Saturday or Sunday so you wont miss toooooo much. So long as you get there with enough light to put a tent up of course! Oh, and you'll need to check how late the busses run from the station - details not available yet.

Just bought ticket.. yay! <_< I've heard great things about EotR so can't wait. However I can't wait till September for my festie-fill. I can't decide between a few others... Think i'll go to Green man and i'm thinking either Latitude, Endorse-it-in-Dorset or Big Chill. Any recommendations from you lot? I've not been to any of them, just Glasto (plus Reading and Womad) which i'm giving a miss this year in search of some smaller treasures!

Calexico are great! End of the Road seems to attract real quality Americana type stuff - awesome.

In terms of albums, I think Feast of Wire is the best place to start. Garden Ruin is also very good, and they have a fine collaboration album with Iron and Wine, called In The Reins.

Really chuffed with this addition.

Edited by Swindlebiscuit

Calexico are great! End of the Road seems to attract real quality Americana type stuff - awesome.

In terms of albums, I think Feast of Wire is the best place to start. Garden Ruin is also very good, and they have a fine collaboration album with Iron and Wine, called In The Reins.

Really chuffed with this addition.