End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

Mercury Rev

Micah P Hinson,

Mountain Goats

Sun Kil Moon / Mark Kozelek

Two Gallants

Jeffrey Lewis

Jason Molina (Songs: Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co.)

A Hawk and a Hacksaw

Bob Log III

The Wave Pictures

Friska Viljor

Confirmed for this year.

Mercury Rev only European festival.

A coupe more bands and i may be tempted...

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about who else is to be announced the festival is organised superbly---huge selection of excellent fairly priced beers,perfect atmosphere.stunning location.acts have been quality[discovered so many new favourite bands].Went tp Latitude festival last year and had the time of my life but then went to End of the road and it surpassed latitude.Fantastic finish to the festival season.

Had a text message from corporal clegg while in Glastonbury this weekend that Mercury Rev are playing :P I cannot think of a more perfect band for this festival. Joint 1st with the big chill out of the four we went to last year. After last years festival opened our eyes to small is better we will be returning for many years to this little cracker. Wow Mercury Rev on that stage!!!!

Yeah, hard for me to choose between EOTR and Latitude for my favourite festie of last year, already got my ticket for this year.

Given Portishead are being supported by A hawk and a Hacksaw on tour this year what do you reckon to the chances of them being an EOTR headliner.....not that far from home!!!!!

Edited by geofelgie

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic new additions to the line up:

Low, Dirty Three, British Sea Power, American Music Club, Billy

Childish, Akron/Family, Kimya Dawson, Darren Hayman (Darren and Jack Play

Hefner Songs), FM Belfast, Laura Marling, Devon Sproule, Angelo Spencer ,

The Pyramids and Kelley Stoltz.

The sound quality at this festival is the best i've ever experienced and so this really is THE best place to see BSP in all their glory and I am so looking forward to Low AMC and Laura Marling.

So who else do we reckon?????

Here's my (hopefully realistic) wishlist:

Guillemots

Eels

Okkervil river

glasvegas

twilight sad

My Morning Jacket

David Ford

Rodrigo y Gabriella

Patrick Watson

The Hold Steady

The Kissaway Trail

Windmill

Augie March

Angus & Julia Stone

The Poems

Gary Louris

Dusty Rhodes and the River Band

Lucky Jim

I'm thinking of doing EOTR this year. Had thought about it the last 2 years but ended up doing Glastonbury - i'm in need of something a bit different this year. Latitude or EOTR - like.

Would love Son Of Dave to play - he's got a new album out this year too so fingers crossed. Seems a very EOTR type of guy!

Great to see American Music Club added .Missed them playing Brighton a few weeks ago so glad they've been added.The new album 'The Golden Age' is superb stuff.

Some of the Bands that I would love to see at EOTR:-

Broken Social Scene

Iron and Wine

My Morning Jacket(still haven't seen these live yet-cancelled their last 2 shows at Brighton!!)

Devendra Banhart

Espers

and how about a slot for the legend that is Roy Harper-surely would go down well at EOTR?

Oh and would also love to see the return of Salter Cane and Sons of Noel and Adrian who I thought were fantastic last year.

line up is looking great! two gallants are a faveourite of mine at le mo!

i fancied this last year but was pretty broke after the summer...however if i know i'm going i'll just have to save the pennies! Have many been to this? What's the general verdict?

Good call! We stumbled across them last year too and thought they werea damn fine bunch of musicians.

I'm in Brighton too, so I got to see them play again at the Red Roaster. Excellent stuff. Be cool to see them again in the new band tent or the Bimble Inn.

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it usually take for EOTR to sell out?

I've already got my Latitude tickets sorted ;) but I'm very tempted by this!

I'm starting my job as a doctor in Bath in August and won't know til then if I am going to be working that weekend. If I buy tickets now it'll be just my luck that I am down to work and can't get out of it!

Padley: according to the eFests news archives last year's second announcement was in late April so they're already ahead of schedule. That's probably when the next one will be.

Foxy: I think there were still tickets available with a week left last year but I suspect with the increasing profile they'll go earlier this year.