Melt! Festival 2008 (18th to 20th of June)

Guest Squig

EDIT: It is in Juli! Not June!

Sorry for that

In Grafenheinichen, half an hour south of Berlin near dessau, th4e Melt! Festival 2008 is going to take place on 18-19-20 Juli. Situated in an industrial setting of enormous old digging machines next to a beatiful lake, the Melt! festival will go for 3 days the first time in it's history and has announced bigger names than ever:

* Alter Ego

* Björk

* Booka Shade

* Boys Noize

* Modeselektor

* Burger/Voigt (live)

* Crookers

* Daniel Haaksman

* Die Türen

* Editors

* Efdemin

* Ellen Allien

* Franz Ferdinand

* Gui Boratto

* Kissy Sell Out (live)

* Len Faki

* Miss Kittin & The Hacker (live)

* Sascha Funke

* Supermayer (live)

* Tobias Thomas

* The Mitchell Brothers

* The Teenagers

* Tomas Andersson

* Turbostaat

* Uffie & Feadz

More to follow

tickets:

Ticket sunday (Björk + 4 more acts tba) 45€

Ticket Friday and Saturday (rest of the bands) 65€

Ticket Weekend 85€

www.meltfestival.de

Last year was great, I am so going.

Edited by Squig

EDIT: It is in Juli! Not June!

Sorry for that

In Grafenheinichen, half an hour south of Berlin near dessau, th4e Melt! Festival 2008 is going to take place on 18-19-20 Juli. Situated in an industrial setting of enormous old digging machines next to a beatiful lake, the Melt! festival will go for 3 days the first time in it's history and has announced bigger names than ever:

* Alter Ego

* Björk

* Booka Shade

* Boys Noize

* Modeselektor

* Burger/Voigt (live)

* Crookers

* Daniel Haaksman

* Die Türen

* Editors

* Efdemin

* Ellen Allien

* Franz Ferdinand

* Gui Boratto

* Kissy Sell Out (live)

* Len Faki

* Miss Kittin & The Hacker (live)

* Sascha Funke

* Supermayer (live)

* Tobias Thomas

* The Mitchell Brothers

* The Teenagers

* Tomas Andersson

* Turbostaat

* Uffie & Feadz

More to follow

tickets:

Ticket sunday (Björk + 4 more acts tba) 45€

Ticket Friday and Saturday (rest of the bands) 65€

Ticket Weekend 85€

www.meltfestival.de

Last year was great, I am so going.

it would appear that u can buy tickets through the above websites. they seem to be tickets which are sent by email and you take along a print off/barcode. has anyone done this before? - it appears to be quite common for european events.

would it be best to wait for an option for british ticket buyers to appear? (there was one on the previous years website)

very grateful for any advice.

really looking forward to this. the site looks amazing.

• 1 month later...
it would appear that u can buy tickets through the above websites. they seem to be tickets which are sent by email and you take along a print off/barcode. has anyone done this before? - it appears to be quite common for european events.

would it be best to wait for an option for british ticket buyers to appear? (there was one on the previous years website)

• 1 month later...

Hi, am giving this festival some serious consideration! (great bands and VERY cheap beer!)

Few questions though...

Do many brits normally go? would be nice to make some friends!

Me and my gf are both 17, anyone had any trouble with the 18+ restriction?

Will there be more additions to the line-up?

Any help and info would be awesome.

Cheers! B)

For a festival this size it is amazingly internationaly. Quite a few Brits, but also Scandinavians, Dutch and Eastern Europeans. Still, more germans though. Can you only make friends among Brits though? Weird.

I didn't get checked for age last year, am 22 now though. Haven't met anybody who was in trouble, haven't met anyone who looked really young. Depends on how old you look I guess.

The line up is not complete as of now as far as I know, even though most major bands should be known by now.

• 1 month later...

Anyone heading there this year?

I have my ticket and almost everything sorted!

Going solo as of now.

Great lineup, but shame the first day is really heavy with most of the good acts with lots of clashing going on, while the 2nd day is a bit lacking.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
hey, how easy was it then staying in a hotel and then getting to and from the fest? i am hoping to go to this next year. but i dont fancy campin. my hangovers are getting a little too heavy to camp. i need a nice bed and a shower! oh and a beer hair of the dog curer!

plus being of scottish pasty skin myself, the heat is fine, but the burning afterwards is not!

any advice would be magic. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hello all

I'm thinking of going to melt this year with my boyfriend. We were really impressed with the lineup last year and if it's going to be as good this year we'll definitely be making the trip over. Just a few questions though:

- is it advisable to book the train from Berlin to the fest in advance? I guess it would be busy? Is there a better way of travelling down? I see cool tours run a bus from Berlin's airports straight to the festival - is this any good?

- what are food and drink prices like inside the festival? obviously coming from the UK we don't want to carry much. I'm also assuming that like normal festivals you can consume your drinks inside the campsites but not the arena? I'm confised by what it says in the FAQ on the site (Any kind of glass, cans, jerry cans, plastic bottles and food are prohibited on the festival site. You are allowed to bring one (1) non-alcoholic Tetrapak of 1.5 liters. Moreover, the tab water in the non-Dixi toilets qualifies as drinking water. Be free to bring your own food and drinks onto the camping site.) <<<< ?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello all

I'm thinking of going to melt this year with my boyfriend. We were really impressed with the lineup last year and if it's going to be as good this year we'll definitely be making the trip over. Just a few questions though:

- is it advisable to book the train from Berlin to the fest in advance? I guess it would be busy? Is there a better way of travelling down? I see cool tours run a bus from Berlin's airports straight to the festival - is this any good?

- what are food and drink prices like inside the festival? obviously coming from the UK we don't want to carry much. I'm also assuming that like normal festivals you can consume your drinks inside the campsites but not the arena? I'm confised by what it says in the FAQ on the site (Any kind of glass, cans, jerry cans, plastic bottles and food are prohibited on the festival site. You are allowed to bring one (1) non-alcoholic Tetrapak of 1.5 liters. Moreover, the tab water in the non-Dixi toilets qualifies as drinking water. Be free to bring your own food and drinks onto the camping site.) <<<< ?

Any help would be appreciated!