Knockengorroch

Guest jenayr

The 1st Knockengorroch festival of this year is on 22 - 25 May, anyone else going to go?

Was at the Knockengorroch in September last year, freezing, windy and the rain was a nightmare but had one of the best weekends of last year.

It's on for 4 days but i think I will only be able to go for 2 days.

Knockengorroch

The 1st Knockengorroch festival of this year is on 22 - 25 May, anyone else going to go?

Was at the Knockengorroch in September last year, freezing, windy and the rain was a nightmare but had one of the best weekends of last year.

It's on for 4 days but i think I will only be able to go for 2 days.

Knockengorroch

I've never been to Loopallu, but I would recommend the Hairth at Knockengorroch for rounding off the summer to, great friendly atmosphere, relaxing and alot of different types of musicial generes to listen to. Also made some new friends which is always a bonus!

Just makes you sad tho when leaving, you realise that's the summer over!!

The last fest of the summer is always glum to leave, especially as I can't stand bloody christmas so just have months of wet and cold to look forward to. I shall almost certainly give this one a look instead of a trek up to the Arctic circle.

Me too mate!!

Thats why we always keep an eye on Musicport (formally of Whitby but as of this year, now in the newly renovated Bridlington Spa), it takes place over a weekend in late October so the festie season is extended from May - October. :)

I will certainly be going back to the Hairth tho, from information given on their myspace, it seems likely it might not be at the farm (if so, hopes for Talnotry but expects the forest)

Wherever it is tho, Knockengorroch has never failed to be very magical!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have no idea of the capacity but I would guess only a couple of thousand if that.

I think it depends on what time you get there and where you are camping we got there late last year and had to walk for quite a bit from where our friends had put our tents up, prob bout 20 mins. But other folk had their cars a 5 min walk away from their tent. When leaving we brung the cars down from where they were originally parked to load up the car, so much easier than carrying everything again!

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP!

Yes, Knockengorroch's 20th anniversary 4-dayer was last weekend and was fantastic!

For once the weather was amazing with pure sunshine on most of the weekend,

we even sat on the ground and saw dust!

And ace music from the likes of Zion Train, Dreadzone, Banco da gaia etc etc

fantastic :lol::D:D

Hearing the news about Sunrise today makes me realise how lucky we were :P

Goddamit I loved that Knock. It was just ace. Sunburned in Scotland FTW. I always get the feeling the musicians have so much passion for the music and often very talented. Its often the little bands Ive never heard of who can be captivating. The Peat Bog Faeries proved that you can be influced by traditional scottish music without sounding like Andy Stewart or the like.

Adding to the list of artists posted by Owly Ill add Orchestra del Sol who were pretty demned good in my opinion.

AND if you ever get the chance walk up the hill to the top. Especialy through the forest just above the shielling tent (but leave no trace if you do).

had the most amazing time at Knockengorroch...love it....big up to the hardcore...mungo's hifi are God.... :P

Tis our local festival..so we have an obligation to keep dancing energy high :lol: Though many energy raisers were absent ( or present but distracted :P ) I think we did a pretty damn good job..woohoo...

I just give myself over to the vibration...and it does all the work...Happy days and Wild nights... :P

Ahh but Loopallu is where magical things happen :lol:

• 3 months later...

Some shock news for all Knockers regulars, this Hairth is to be their last, with just the May World Ceilidh' s continuing <_<

Part of the great vibe of this festie is knowing you will see folk at least twice a year, that said i don't always get and it's also great that you had 2 dates to choose from. Will have to make sure i get there each may in future...

From the web site:

Due to a combination of factors this will be our last Hairth Festival.

We will be working with Knockengorroch’s neighbours to ensure our sister festival the World Ceilidh in May goes from strength to strength. You can help it, by being here, coming back in May and joining us as a friend and supporter of Knockengorroch!!