Transport to Benicassim

Guest petar

Hey I have just booked my tiket for benicassim and i am looking at what would be the best way of getting there. This is my first year goin to benicassim and i was planning on going to Madrid for a week before the festival for a holiday with the family then meeting friends and go to benicassim and i was just wondering if anybody had any info on the best way of getting from madrid to benicassim and had any idea about cost and how long it would take... etc. i just want to get everything booked and out of the way so i can just look forwad to summer and not have to leave anything to the last minute as it always makes things much more stressful. Any help and info would be greatly appriciated thanks.

I don't know about the best or easiest way, but taking the train is quite simple. Takes about 4 hours to Valencia, where you can then change for Benicassim (which takes about another hour or so). We did it a couple of years ago and organised it when we got there with nothing booked in advance, and it cost about £20 all in.

However, hiring a car is probably even easier - just a bit pricier.

I took the coach from Madrid to Benicassim and will do it again his year.

http://www.auto-res.net

It´s about 30€ return i think and drops you 5 min walk from Bonet campsite. The coaches are good, comfy and it takes about 5 hours with a stop off at some 1/2 way point.

You can get the train to Valencia and then Benicassim but in my opinion you´re not gonna save that much time and/or comfort by doing that.

Personally, i think the coach is a great way to get there...all part of the fun innit as they are usualy full of loads of people doing the same thing..so get to meet some people and stuff...

Oh, but you can´t book then more than 1 month in advance..so you´ll have to wait to book it if you deicide to use it. If you search now for July dates it just says "Not available"

Edited by TSM1973

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, am planning to travel madrid to beni by coach, will be getting the overnight ( 01:00 - 8:00 i think) coach,i was just wondering what these coaches are like ie air conditioning and onboard toilets ect. not a deal breaker or anything just want to know what to expect thanks in adavance.

Hi, am planning to travel madrid to beni by coach, will be getting the overnight ( 01:00 - 8:00 i think) coach,i was just wondering what these coaches are like ie air conditioning and onboard toilets ect. not a deal breaker or anything just want to know what to expect thanks in adavance.
Edited by TSM1973

Overnight? Where you get that info? I searched and found only 2 times daily..one leaving Madrid at 08.00 and one leaving at 15.00

They are nice, comfy modern coaches..not horse drawn or anything. <_<

As i said before, there is a stop 1/2 way where you can get food, drink etc, etc...and there is an onboard movie :lol: (in spanish)

Seriously, itś cool...it will be full of other festie goers...so good fun :)

• 2 months later...
Nah....depending on how much time you have you can either get a cab..which will probably cost you about 25€. But if you have plenty of time you can get the metro. Madrid isn´t a huge city and the airport is to the north eat..on the outskirts. The metro system in madrid is very, very good..very reliable, fast, clean etc.

From the airport i guess you would take like 8 and then line 6 to

Estacion Sur

Méndez Alvaro c/v a C/ Retama

Ciudad: 28045 MADRID

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
I have sent you a PM dude....but to answer your question for anyone else that may want to know.....yes, you can just go there and buy them...there are a few coaches that leave at the times specified...not just one so generally they are not sold out.

Phew, finally got something sorted. Just to everyone in a panic over not booking anything until now from Barce, there are still ways to get down there at this last minute stage.

There's a Beni coach which does a return to Barce for 15 euros, 5 from Valencia and 25 from Madrid.

Still tickets on RENFE from Barcelona...instead of going Beni, choose to go to Castellon De La Plana. Only takes a couple of hours and there's buses there to Beni which is only 5 mins away.

• 1 year later...

I will be getting into Madrid airport at 20.05 tomorrow (Thurs 16th) does anyone have an idea of how to get to the festival from there at that time??!

I don't think the coaches or trains are running at that time, and I don't have a driving licence to hire a car...?

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone, this is my first year going to Benicassim, and am just about getting round to planning all the travel arrangements!

I get into Barcelona on the Sunday, and am looking to get either a coach or bus to Benicassim on the Monday.

Does anyone have any good websites for booking either of these? as I have tried auto-res, but there are no coaches from Barcelona to Beni, and Renfe is in Spanish (surprisingly!) so i'm a bit worried about booking the wrong thing!

If anyone has any tips on travelling to/from Beni it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Hey everyone, this is my first year going to Benicassim, and am just about getting round to planning all the travel arrangements!

I get into Barcelona on the Sunday, and am looking to get either a coach or bus to Benicassim on the Monday.

Does anyone have any good websites for booking either of these? as I have tried auto-res, but there are no coaches from Barcelona to Beni, and Renfe is in Spanish (surprisingly!) so i'm a bit worried about booking the wrong thing!

If anyone has any tips on travelling to/from Beni it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

We still have some seats left on our 1130am bus from Barcelona to Beni - see eufest.com for full timetable. But some of the buses are starting to fill up now so get booking while we still have them.

For trains you can try spanish-rail.co.uk. They're official booking agents for Renfe in the UK, but you pay a bit more than you would going direct. Never used em myself, but have heard they're alright to deal with.

Derm B)

I got an email over the weekend from a hotel in Benicassim that have availability, they've only reopened the other day so haven't taken any bookings for during the festival yet.

It's €120 a night for a double room, it's called Hotel Canada and says it's 400m from the festival site.

I've no idea what it's like but might be worth a look, I'm already booked into Intur Orange and am gonna stick with that.

Edited by Tomma01