NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

I hate you guys. I've got Witcher 2, MGS HD collection, several hours of TV and a few films to watch today, and instead I've spent most of the day trying to beat your scores on Trials... :ninja:

Wednesday or Thursday would be best for me

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completed Fez twice over the weekend, once with 32 cubes, then completed New Game+ with 64 cubes. I also found a secret heart piece B)

Quite possibly one of my favourite games of the last few years.

I will admit I had to cheat once as there was a room at the top of the map (the library inside the temple) that I could not figure out how to get through.

There are two more heart pieces that I haven't got, but having looked up some information about them, there is absolutely no way I would have worked them out on my own. One of the (the monolith room) has only been solved by a brute force attack by the community.

The other day we were discussing what we would like to see a new version of on PS3's from the old Playstations...we came up with Freedom Fighters, Abe's Odyssey, Fahrenheit, Scarface...

...any you lot would like on the PS3 or Xbox 360?

New game or HD remake?

I'd love to see a Final Fantasy 8 HD remake, but that's just me...

EDIT: and also a shiny remake of Star Fox/Lylat Wars. No motion control, no shitey gimmicks, just a better looking version of one of my favourite games...

Also, whoever beat my score on Trials on Sewage Plant...YOU WIN, DICK! I hate that track :(

In saying that, all golds up until Gigatrack :D

Edited by minute5072

I've said it before that I think the ps1 was an overrated console, with few exclusives that I can remember excited me.

Games I think deserve a remake though:

NiGHTS is crying out for an Xbox live arcade remake

Killer instinct as well (especially now rare aren't with Nintendo)

With kinect and move available virtua cop and house of the dead should be considered.

And whilst it won't happen, the gta 3 trilogy was and is crying out for a hd remix of some description.

I've said it before that I think the ps1 was an overrated console, with few exclusives that I can remember excited me.

Games I think deserve a remake though:

NiGHTS is crying out for an Xbox live arcade remake

Killer instinct as well (especially now rare aren't with Nintendo)

With kinect and move available virtua cop and house of the dead should be considered.

And whilst it won't happen, the gta 3 trilogy was and is crying out for a hd remix of some description.

A lot of the series that started on the PS1 are still the big franchises today. For instance Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Grand Theft Auto, Tekken, Silent Hill, Wipeout, Crash Bandicoot.

Not to mention four of the best Final Fantasy games (7,8,9 and Tactics), Parappa the Rapper, Abes Oddysee, Vagrant Story...

You can probably tell it's the console I grew up with and I guess the one that got me into computer games but overrated? Nope.

I had this discussion with a mate a few weeks ago.

I preferred the Saturn because it was probably a more 'conservative' console it its approach to games. What I remember about the PS1 was lots of clunky, grey, hard to control and figure out games. Take the first GTA, groundbreaking no doubt, but impossible to control at times. Wipeout I never understood. One of those games (to me anyway) that was deemed to be 'cool' rather than being any good. Ditto Resident Evil (1 especially) yup, some good actions scenes (and BARRY BURTON!!!) , but a lot of running around an empty house. Wow. These games did leave more of a legacy though, no doubt about that.

The game that summed up the PS1 for me was Krazy Ivan. I remember everyone going on about it before it came out, because it had a fancy, cinematic intro, unheard for the time. What it was though was the most mediocre of all the most mediocre games every produced.

The Saturn though, with NiGHTS, Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon, all those great Arcade ports like Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cops 1&2, Sega Rally etc, plus the definitive home versions of Street Fighter Alpha 1 and 2, the best home version of Bomberman, etc was just more fun to play. I often wish I still have my Saturn, and even though there's a PS1 upstairs in my flat for some reason (just left here by the previous occupant) I've never been inclined to do anything with it.

Has anyone tried OnLive? I had a go when it launched and it was horribly laggy, but fired it up again yesterday and it ran like a dream!

I had Assassins Creed 2 running smoothly on my old, old laptop which is pushing being a decade old. Madness.

I got the console a few months ago just to try for a couple of weeks. It's alright I suppose. I can see why it would be appealing but there isn't enough PC exclusive content to make it worthwhile to users of the 360 and PS3 and no exclusive console content to make it worthwhile to those without them. With the price of it I don't see why you wouldn't just get a console.

Edited by Hello... I'm Johnny Cash

i dont even like sewage plant, ive hardly played it (476 times)

ive dropped right down the lb's, obviously you lot have got shit lives. im far too busy to bother myself with leaderboard stats.

am I still top of icarus?

xD

Edited by t8yman

i have amended my shitty score on sewage plant, im now above monsieur minute, and only just behind you Liam.

not that I'm bothered about leaderboards or anything.

has anyone tried the fucking mental levels? they are fucking mental.