NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up L.A. Noire yesterday. It's alright. I like the chase scenes but the vehicles are awful to control. The shooting is too easy, just like gta. Snap to cover and snap aim are annoying me already.

I suppose the questioning is ok, the faces are impressive, but 3 options isn't enough IMO. Already truth seems to mean 'go easy on them' and doubt is often too harsh or not harsh enough. I'm only on the homicide desk atm. I am enjoying it, it's probably a victim of it's own hype.

I found Heavy Rain engrossing and a pretty unique gaming experience. Have played it through a few times more to catch plot developments I missed. Will do so again cos I've got the Move controllers.

Was also really looking foward to L.A.Noire, unusual for me not to pick it up 1st day. But still hammering GT5. Kinda fell out of Crysis(PS3) maybe a 1/4 way through but playing it made me crave to play Stalker:Shadow Of Chernobyl again.

God I love this game! ...especially on a better system than I ran it on originally. Graphics ramped up to mega and hopefully stable enough for me to complete it this time. I'll go as far to say its in my top 5 of all time. If you love stuff like Fallout / Resi Evil and missed this , pick it up for buttons now and enjoy.

Well my La noire is going on ebay, as good as the graphics are it's now just starting to get very tedious and repetetive, there is no chance of me playing 3 disc's worth of that so i'm going to try and get some money back before the price plummets

Well my La noire is going on ebay, as good as the graphics are it's now just starting to get very tedious and repetetive, there is no chance of me playing 3 disc's worth of that so i'm going to try and get some money back before the price plummets

Edited by The Nal

LA Noire for me thus far(nearly finished homocide)...

Pros

Cracking graphics

Decent enough story

Real cars/music etc is nice

Faces are unbelievable

Cons

Car control is f*cking horrible

Far too easy, I haven't died once

Interviews can be hit or miss

Journeys can be tedious but if skipped, you then miss side missions and landmarks

It's a decent enough game but nowhere near what the hype says. Put those graphics into the next GTA it will be an total blinder.

Edited by BenchBuddah

Isnt the Car Control supposed to be horrible? I dont know what 1940's cars were like, but I imagine most of them lacked power steering. I agree though, I've been doing the side missions and sometimes doing a car chase is near impossible.

Isnt the Car Control supposed to be horrible? I dont know what 1940's cars were like, but I imagine most of them lacked power steering. I agree though, I've been doing the side missions and sometimes doing a car chase is near impossible.

So i have been following everyone's reaction to LA Noire and it seems to go like this.

Wow......Great fun......A little annoying......Frustrating......Waste of time!!!!

Going on this pattern i am not going to get involved. Havent even finished GTA4 or played Red Dead Redemption so i will go for those instead

So i have been following everyone's reaction to LA Noire and it seems to go like this.

Wow......Great fun......A little annoying......Frustrating......Waste of time!!!!

Going on this pattern i am not going to get involved. Havent even finished GTA4 or played Red Dead Redemption so i will go for those instead

don't take Nal's and t8yman's opinion as gospel. I've been playing LA Noire a ton recently, and am still really enjoying it. About a quarter of the way through the final desk, and am finding it as fun as I did when I started it. If you buy into the setting, storylines and characters, you can overlook some of the bumps. I personally don't mind the driving sequences, and there's enough variation in there for me. I consider it a slightly different form of media... not a active game, but not a passive film. Somewhere in the middle, and I'm just enjoying the ride.

But then I enjoyed watching someone else play through Heavey Rain, so maybe I'm just weird.

If you're into Modern Borefare, Gears of Snore, or some other game where every 30seconds there's a set piece explosion with limbs and torsos flying about the place; then this probably isn't the game for you. But if you fancy using your brain and trying something a bit different, then give it a go.