NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

Just another example of why there's no point (From a consumer's point of view) in paying top whack for a game any more. The price is always bound to crash within a month unless it's call of duty.

I like games, not like I did when I was a kid, but the whole cycle of things is just a joke. Take Test drive 2 and Dead Space 2 as examples, they had download content available before the games were even out! So in effect you're paying for an incomplete game. I was going to get your shape fitness evolved, then read there's a dozen dlc packages planned! It's beyond milking, hence why i'm glad guitar hero has gone up against the wall, since the consumer stopped buying them as they were tired of getting bled for every last penny they had.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another example of why there's no point (From a consumer's point of view) in paying top whack for a game any more. The price is always bound to crash within a month unless it's call of duty.

I like games, not like I did when I was a kid, but the whole cycle of things is just a joke. Take Test drive 2 and Dead Space 2 as examples, they had download content available before the games were even out! So in effect you're paying for an incomplete game. I was going to get your shape fitness evolved, then read there's a dozen dlc packages planned! It's beyond milking, hence why i'm glad guitar hero has gone up against the wall, since the consumer stopped buying them as they were tired of getting bled for every last penny they had.

I just think its uninspiring, its too big for your pocket, and will undoubtedly be too expensive to be a device you would want to carry around in public. It doesn't do a lot new either, and it isnt even a HD screen. yes it looks nice, but I don't really think the market need a new psp, nor do I believe the 3ds is going to be any good.

Totally. I rarely pay full whack for a game on release day now. It needs to be a game I'm really interested in, has quite a good bit of money off or I have games to trade in.

But yeah, it's not worth buying a game on realease day now.

I think its because there is always something shiny and new around the corner. Who's going to pay full whack for Need for Speed now that Test Drive is out, or the 2 month old shooter when a new one is out next week.(Gran Turismo seems to be an exception)

Compare that to the Wii, where the 'marque' titles like Mario Galaxy 1&2, New Super Mario Bros, even Mario Party, are still hanging around at close to their original prices. I think because there isn't much else to buy.

I traded in Harry Potter and fifa 11 the other week - those were what came with my ps3 - I then got Assassins creed II, NFS hot pursuit and Oblivion for about £17. I was a bit disappointed with the value i got for HP as it was a new game but i suppose as its shit the market isn't there for re-sale.

I've nearly completed AC just got the final fight to finish. Then i'll be on ACII - i've really enjoyed it though it was a bit samey towards the end. Really looking forward to ACII.

Question - i've never played test drive i've played most of the NFS games - is it good? If so i might get TD2 at some point.

Finished Black Ops last night. Serious struggle, wont be playing the next one. Apart from one mission where you break out of a POW camp I thought it was average. Wont be rushing out to get the next one. And after the credits roll theres the biggest jumping of the shark I’ve ever seen in a computer game. Which is saying something.