Settle Festival

Guest mark dale

Ok, so is this how rumours start..? :(

nothing is certain until we acheive the Licence of course ..but ..er ..... i have had conversations with regards to ...

NMA

NYAAA

Joolz Denby

Otway

Atilla

Bluetones

3 Daft Monkeys

Kozmic Ken

Terrorvision

The Men They Couldn't Hang

Swill

and many more - of course a quick look at our myspace top friends may give a few hints !!

of course this is all rumours ....

mark " shhhh" dale

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Luck for today Mark :)

well, so far, all i've done is answer questions about the objections ... had an answer for each one.....

We haven't presented our case yet .. that comes on Wednesday

it's a game of 2 halves..

mark " hoping to get busy organising "Glastondale" real soon" dale

Oh dear god.

I've just read that news article.

Does anyone in Settle council have a clue?! Most of the questions they asked would be written into the Management plan that went along with the licence application, it sounds like they havn't even bothered reading it.

Gill Coventry, of Lower Wham, Giggleswick, said torture from noise and sleep deprivation during the festival affected her human rights.

I really wish I could have made it to the hearing - to hear some of these objections would have been better than a night at the Comedy Store! But saying that, knowing I live in the same country as her brings tears to my eyes. Not even worth a reply, but three words: independant sound monitoring. That's what every major festival does and would shut her up straight away.

I hope things have gone well today Mark.

(edit - re: filling out the form wrong, we were in the same situation - we spoke to our licencing officer this year as we wanted to change things like the date, capacity etc and he recommended that rather than apply for a new licence we can simply ask to ammend our old one. Much easier for us - I'd already started rewriting the application! But one thing I've noticed is that every authority is different..)

Edited by naarjtie

Jesus christ .... have these people been living in a hole in the ground for the last five years????

While the concerns about noise of those living close to the site are within what's reasonable (even if wide of the mark in reality), the stuff about criminals attracted at 3% (the crime figures for even the worse festival don't get anywhere close to that) and worries about people falling in the river is nuts - they sound more hostile than some of the worst around Pilton, trying to use anything as a reason to stop it.

Fingers crossed for you Mark.

thanks guys .. yes, no matter what measures we put in place (as we are) they won't suffice - as they just want to stop it, and are using the licencing mechanism to do so .... hopefully the Committee have seen this, and can see that this is a real community event, set to deliver something big into the region ..... they had a site visit today, so hopefully they'll see that the 57 objectors live further away than the 2000 + who are ok with it ......

looks like we'll find out on wednesday ...

here's hoping

mark " it's been a long time coming ........." dale