More additions to 2008

Guest pugsleyroberts

IAN BROWN, THE KOOKS, N.E.R.D, THE HOOSIERS, AND SCOUTING FOR GIRLS ADDED TO THE BILL FOR THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 2008

Isle of Wight Festival 2008 - More top acts have been added to the already stellar line up. Ian Brown, N.E.R.D, The Kooks, The Hoosiers and Scouting for Girls look set to turn up the heat during the 3-day event on 13th, 14th & 15th June.

Having already announced Kaiser Chiefs, Sex Pistols and The Police as the three Festival headliners, plus Lily Allen, The Enemy, Kate Nash, Iggy & The Stooges, James, KT Tunstall and The Zutons the Isle of Wight Festival 2008 is set to be the best yet!

Iconic Manchester maverick Ian Brown is sure to wow the 50,000 strong crowd and Brighton’s The Kooks, pin sharp and with songs crammed full of incidents- are sure to be one of the highlights of the festival. N.E.R.D - Pharrell, Chad and Shay, a trio whose chemistry and music speaks for itself will be whipping the crowd into a frenzy.

Always the one to deliver an unrivalled mixture of new, established and legendary artists on the bill, the Isle of Wight Festival will see The Hoosiers delivering their unique brand of odd pop and Scouting for Girls with their infectious melodies join this stunning lineup.

Now in its seventh year since its reincarnation in 2002, the Isle of Wight Festival brings together 50,000 free spirited, music loving, friends, families and Festival goers in front of one almighty stage, in a simply stunning setting. It is undoubtedly one of the most distinctive and well-loved festivals on the calendar and the two UK Festival Awards for Best Major UK Festival and Outstanding Contribution to Festivals (awarded to John Giddings) are proof of just that.

Excellent and suddenly it's worth going

Defo alot of Class Acts at IOW next year.

I'm tempted especially with the latest confirmation of Acts

....and LILY ALLEN ....

:P

:O

She was ace at Glasto this year as well

:)

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

Ian Brown - Legend, nuff said

Lily Allen - Foul mouthed chav slapper who i can't stand

Kooks - Not a great fan but they were really good at Glasto so a good addition

NERD - Perfect for something more upbeat to get the crowd going and they'll defo be worth watching

Hoosiers - Trash with no shelf life, won't be watching.

3 out of 5 aint bad!

Line ups not looking bad at all in my opinion there are some acts that I wont be wasting good drinking time to see such as Lilly Allen!!!!! Well most "it" at the moment, might give most of the others ago :P

Cant wait

Damn, these havent really got me excited either but i guess we still have some more to come. NERD will be a definite no go for me, never seen Ian Brown but never been a fan- still will give him a go as i believe you have to see someone live to truly pass judgement. The Kooks are ok, will probably watch them again and it'll be good to hear some new material as the old stuff was starting to bore me a little, The Hoosiers are good but should only really be worthy of an afternoon slot.

I'm still wondering who will do the 2nd slots on all 3 days as last year we had Kasabian and Keane- and I'd be pretty disappointed if any of the bands announced so far will take that place.....The Kooks quite feasibly could though after headlining 2nd stage at V, maybe Ian Brown- not really sure how "big" he really is.....

I cant believe people are slaggin off Lily Allen when that awful twat Kate Nash is on the bill.

Nash is one of the worst things to come out of 2007. I HATE HER

Sorry.

Brilliant line up so far, easily the best lower line up the Island has had.

Zutons, Ian Brown, Lily Allen, N.E.R.D, Kaiser Chiefs, KT, The Enemy and James. Brilliant stuff!

Ian Brown could do 2nd headliner. Hes big enough.

Edited by Kris W

I am so glad I am going! :P a good variety and mix of genres.

I think you have to get your head around the idea that the IoW is not the place you are going to find some unearthed gem playing at 2pm in the afternoon. Its one (main) stage and its a good mixture of Pop, Rock and other stuff.

I'm happy with whoever now. Its all about the vibe as far as I'm concerned. The Izzle just rocks day n night, if you want it to.

Olé

I cant believe people are slaggin off Lily Allen when that awful twat Kate Nash is on the bill.Nash is one of the worst things to come out of 2007. I HATE HER

Sorry.

Brilliant line up so far, easily the best lower line up the Island has had.

Zutons, Ian Brown, Lily Allen, N.E.R.D, Kaiser Chiefs, KT, The Enemy and James. Brilliant stuff!Ian Brown could do 2nd headliner. Hes big enough.

These seem like good additions to the line-up, I can't comment on the live quality of them because I don't gig too much. Looking forward to the Hoosiers, been liking "Worried about Ray" on the radio. I can see a few additions to my music collection turning up so I can learn some songs. Festy acts are always better if you've got an idea of what to expect. :P

Looking good IMO like The Hoosiers, The Kooks and Scouting For Girls so its getting better and better for me..... Whos next?!?

Betty09 and the Treacles! Thursday night headliner :P

ooo its getting exciting!!!

i have to say that i really dont mind N.E.R.D.........excellent songs to boogie to!!