Friday...?

Guest Neil

Current rumour is the Kaisers - they've defo been asked.

Those failed pigeon detectives have just announced a tour, with a Friday-sized gap. So they're on the bill too.

Why 'failed'? Well, they've yet to detect that mostly they're crap and unless the audience has been told to like them by the teen-scene bible they fail to impress even a little.

Those failed pigeon detectives have just announced a tour, with a Friday-sized gap. So they're on the bill too.

Why 'failed'? Well, they've yet to detect that mostly they're crap and unless the audience has been told to like them by the teen-scene bible they fail to impress even a little.

The Pigeon Detectives are a great band and if you managed to ever listen to them rather than revolt against what you see in the NME you might be better informed...

I listen to every band I see. I say what I see, whether or not some trend is saying the same or different to what I think.

I listened and watched along with 5,000 others - there were about 50 people interested in them. Everyone else was bored by them, the band noticed and started slagging off the audience (which later had the band arguing).

To be fair to them, they improved by the end of their set, and had got maybe 40% of the crowd's attention by then. But they are definitely NTG.

Those 50 people? All aged under 20. The band could have farted and they'd have applauded. :ph34r:

you'll enjoy them chris!!!!!

yup and got the banner ready :ph34r:

I've managed to avoid the Kaiser Chiefs up until this point, so dont really mind if they do take the top slot on the Friday. Give me a few beers and I'll 'woooah' along with everyone else as required.

Could be a lot worse. So I'm happy.

I did like Kaisers when they appeared on the mainstream scene(and still do). It was refreshing to not have crappy R'n'B on my local radio station 24/7. But now they're a bit samey. I would be interested in seeing them coupled with the IOW fest atmosphere, they have songs most people know and can sing along too.

Isle of Wight Festival - Friday 13th to Sunday 15th June 2008

main stage. Friday 13 June

Kaiser Chiefs - confirmed :ph34r:

Basement Jaxx - strong rumour

The Pigeon Detectives - strong rumour

Saturday 14 June

Sex Pistols - confirmed

Sunday 15 June

The Police - confirmed

Isle of Wight Festival - Friday 13th to Sunday 15th June 2008

main stage. Friday 13 June

Kaiser Chiefs - confirmed :ph34r:

Basement Jaxx - strong rumour

The Pigeon Detectives - strong rumour

If the strong rumours are true friday is looking great :)

Barcardi tent won't be seeing me friday

I listen to every band I see. I say what I see, whether or not some trend is saying the same or different to what I think.

I listened and watched along with 5,000 others - there were about 50 people interested in them. Everyone else was bored by them, the band noticed and started slagging off the audience (which later had the band arguing).

To be fair to them, they improved by the end of their set, and had got maybe 40% of the crowd's attention by then. But they are definitely NTG.

Those 50 people? All aged under 20. The band could have farted and they'd have applauded. :ph34r:

Kaiser Chiefs - yeah, very lively and some great singalong tunes. pigeon detectives, mmm, well, I can't think of any of there songs so obviously not a very memorable band in my musical memory bank. Basement Jaxx - think I've seen them at IOW before? Seen them a few times and never disappointing and I do think of the Friday as dance night.

All in all I'm happy with the way the bill is shaping up :ph34r: