Festivals email not working

Guest midnight_toker

Hi Neil,

I don't know if you know or not, but the festivals.co.uk email doesn't seem to be working. It just says

Not Found

The requested URL /horde/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora) Server at webmail.festivals.co.uk Port 80

I dunno if you've been changing something on it & it's crashed - on Friday I could get on to it but the format had changed - I think it must have been updated, but I've not been able to get on it since.

Thanks

Abbie

Edited to add: the link to the email system from the 'community' tab on the efestivals site now takes me directly to egigs instead of email!!

Edited by midnight_toker

yeah, I know about this - late on Friday, the server upgrades I was running wiped some of the configuration. Because of how this has happened, I felt it was best for me to not fix it myself in case I caused further problems, and to wait until today (Monday) when I can get someone who knows what's what to fix it properly. It should be fixed before the end of today.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Neil,

me again! (sorry - I seem to only get in touch when I have a problem!)

I might be going totally blind and/or mad, but I can't find the address book in the new email system. Please can you tell me where it is? (and please don't say that it's no longer there and my address have been lost!!)

Thanks

Abbie

:)

Firstly, I can tell you that your saved addresses defo aren't lost - there's still a database table (that I can see as a server admin) with the address book details within it.

Within Horde (the webmail system that you use) I've managed to find a reference to the address book, but not how to access the address book itself.

Having had a hunt around I can see that not all of the available Horde modules are currently installed, so hopefully if I install them that'll bring the address book back and everything will be sorted. However, as there were problems doing the last lot of upgrades, I'd much rather do the install of these extra modules during office hours, so that if things go wrong they can be looked into immediately ... so I'll get on the case first thing tomorrow.

Apologies for the delay and the inconvenience.

I've now successfully run the updates, and the Address Book options have appearred - so it should now be OK.

Please note however that when I logged in with my normal web browser (Firefox) I didn't see them, as Firefox was obviously presenting me with cached version of the page. Everything appeared OK when I logged in with Internet Explorer, because I'd not used Internet Explorer for webmail previously.

If you can't now see the Address Book options, then you need to force a full refresh of your browser.

• 4 weeks later...
That page is well out of date now, i presume that your email adress space has gone up and my hotmail adress has 5gig (im pritty sure it wasnt long ago that my computer only had 3 gig).

unlike hotmail, efestivals doesn't have someone with $50Bn backing it and so afford unlimited disk space. :angry:

It remains at 10MB, which is ample for email use unless you expect to be able to archive every email.

• 1 year later...