Loopallu 2008

Guest bryanb

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

starting to look forward to this now! me and the wife are there from Friday through to Monday.

So as someone who's not been to this festival before, what should I expect...what do people tend to do after the bands finish, just head to the pubs etc??

would be nice to get some nice weather but not holding out much hope!

starting to look forward to this now! me and the wife are there from Friday through to Monday.

So as someone who's not been to this festival before, what should I expect...what do people tend to do after the bands finish, just head to the pubs etc??

would be nice to get some nice weather but not holding out much hope!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it too. This will be our 4th Loop and we wouldn't miss it for anything.

The festival site is a proper campsite, so you get nice roads to walk on, flat and level pitches, proper toilets and showers. The campsite is right on the edge of town, next to Loch Broom. Ullapool is hoaching with facilities for the festival goer. Coffee shops, pubs, places to eat, chippies, a supermarket etc etc.

Quite a few of the pubs have Loopallu fringe gigs on which start after the stuff in the big tent is finished. These gigs usually include a few decent bands such as the Family Mahone etc and things like Vic Galloway doing a splendid DJ set in the Seaforth. There is a great vibe in the town too.

Weather wise see my post above, but I am feeling it in my water that it is going to be nice.

Were going up on the Thursday and staying for at least a week as there is tons to do.

I take it the Paul one will be sorting out an E-fest camp/meet, but we all will end up colliding with each other anyway.

cheers

Me and the missus have just decided to head up for this one. Reading the reviews from last year (Thanks Paul) and the excitement from those that have been in previous years reminds me of the build up to recent Bella fests within our crowd.

One question, do we need to bring wellies? It sounds like no matter the weather, there is little mud??? :D

Me and the missus have just decided to head up for this one. Reading the reviews from last year (Thanks Paul) and the excitement from those that have been in previous years reminds me of the build up to recent Bella fests within our crowd.

One question, do we need to bring wellies? It sounds like no matter the weather, there is little mud??? :D

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it too. This will be our 4th Loop and we wouldn't miss it for anything.

The festival site is a proper campsite, so you get nice roads to walk on, flat and level pitches, proper toilets and showers. The campsite is right on the edge of town, next to Loch Broom. Ullapool is hoaching with facilities for the festival goer. Coffee shops, pubs, places to eat, chippies, a supermarket etc etc.

Quite a few of the pubs have Loopallu fringe gigs on which start after the stuff in the big tent is finished. These gigs usually include a few decent bands such as the Family Mahone etc and things like Vic Galloway doing a splendid DJ set in the Seaforth. There is a great vibe in the town too.

Weather wise see my post above, but I am feeling it in my water that it is going to be nice.

Were going up on the Thursday and staying for at least a week as there is tons to do.

I take it the Paul one will be sorting out an E-fest camp/meet, but we all will end up colliding with each other anyway.

cheers