To go or not to go?

Guest midnight_toker

Ahhh - I got all excited when I thought the Sister were playing in London! Oh well, never mind. I liked the Mission too but just loved the Sisters, as did Mr Toker.

Anyway, from what I can tell, BD looks good to me. For some reason I have the thought in my head that you can drive your car right to the campsite - is that right? The idea of not having to lug everything across the site is very tempting (if a little lazy) but there is no way I'd be happy to leave my car in the campsite at any of the fests I have been to! Have I got some duff information?

BD looks good to me. For some reason I have the thought in my head that you can drive your car right to the campsite - is that right? The idea of not having to lug everything across the site is very tempting (if a little lazy) but there is no way I'd be happy to leave my car in the campsite at any of the fests I have been to! Have I got some duff information?

I heard they were considering teleport systems for next year tho'......

Hauling my stuff from A to B is not a problem - have been to enough festivals to have got acting like a pack horse down to a fine art! Not that a teleporter wouldn't be handy though!

To be honest, my question was more based around the practicalities of having your car on site - don't get me wrong, I don't drive an Aston Martin or Bentley or anything, but I would be paranoid about having my car near to loads of trashed people!

Hauling my stuff from A to B is not a problem - have been to enough festivals to have got acting like a pack horse down to a fine art! Not that a teleporter wouldn't be handy though!

To be honest, my question was more based around the practicalities of having your car on site - don't get me wrong, I don't drive an Aston Martin or Bentley or anything, but I would be paranoid about having my car near to loads of trashed people!

i just use the cycle taxis

I have been to all but one of the Beautiful Days festivals and I have never worried about leaving my car in the car park, unlike other festivals. Also if you get there early enough and camp at the top of the family/quiet camping field you won't have far to walk with all your stuff. We were literally 3 minutes away from our car this year, so it was great for leaving things in the car until they were needed. I think BDs is the safest and best festival I have ever been to and will definitely be going again next year.

I have been to all but one of the Beautiful Days festivals and I have never worried about leaving my car in the car park, unlike other festivals. Also if you get there early enough and camp at the top of the family/quiet camping field you won't have far to walk with all your stuff. We were literally 3 minutes away from our car this year, so it was great for leaving things in the car until they were needed. I think BDs is the safest and best festival I have ever been to and will definitely be going again next year.

Not a pain walking up that hill at the end of each night?

Not thinking about it until I have my grubby hands on tickets.....

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...