Tartan Heart 2008

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's the whole point of many a thread. Don't think anyone has a problem with SFG playing but there is no way that they can ever merit a headline spot. A 'Headline' sells a newspaper, the 'headlines' might make you watch a news bulletin, but SFG as 'headline' indicates they are the top/best act on that particular day. If you think that's fair and their one album and a couple of very poor singles make them headline, then so be it. I don't, and think Bella has made a huge mistake in giving SFG the privilage of being top act on the Friday. Would any half decent band be willing to play below them on the bill ? I doubt it. Worst headliner since the Darkness at T, only they stood in at short notice.

If Deacon Blue or Travis headline the Saturday I'll get back to you on the tickets :rolleyes:

You're wrong. My Mrs bought the cd and it's been on a couple of times when I've been there and I think it sums up everything that's wrong with uk music. Each song is bland, very similar and forgetable.

I agree that the likes of Echo etc put in poor performances but that's no excuse to give such a pile of nonsense the headline spot.

I hope you enjoy them.

If the next batch of bands announced are of that ilk I'll be shoving my tickets on the mist cause there's no way I'm travelling 120 miles to watch Irn Bru live. :rolleyes:

Can we move on from SFG now, myself and others have expressed our opinions and nothing we can do is gonna changed this :lol: *plus I don't want to get into any more trouble :rolleyes: *

So besides SFG, who do we reckon is gonna headline the Saturday and what bands are likely to be announced? <_<

Thats the most sensible un cock like post you have made since SFG gate.

I make this appeal to the people of the Bella thread, SFG are headlining either live with it or don,t bother going, lets move on and discuss the festival your vitriol has been noted.

So Supergrass?

Playing -

Croperdy on the Thursday and Summer Sundae the same weekend as Bella

Beautiful Days the weekend after

Wizard and Solfest two weeks after

So unless they play SSW on the Friday, we can rule them out :rolleyes:

And even at that, it would be a long journey from Leicester - Inverness on the Friday night.

Edited by Paul ™

I wonder about the Levellers given how well they went down at their previous visits up to Inverness. I would really like to say Franz Ferdinand but suspect that lightening will not strike twice (and I think they have limited their festivals). KT Tunstall would be dissapointing, but whilst a bit repetitive The Editors had a storming set at T in the park but I guess as likely as Franz Ferdinand. The fratellis I suspect would be unlikely too.

I have mentioned travis and snow patrol before, I think they are both possibles. My money is on Deacon Blue ( I am not the greatest fan but unlike others I would not see it as a particular disaster)

I wonder about the Levellers given how well they went down at their previous visits up to Inverness. I would really like to say Franz Ferdinand but suspect that lightening will not strike twice (and I think they have limited their festivals). KT Tunstall would be dissapointing, but whilst a bit repetitive The Editors had a storming set at T in the park but I guess as likely as Franz Ferdinand. The fratellis I suspect would be unlikely too.

I have mentioned travis and snow patrol before, I think they are both possibles. My money is on Deacon Blue ( I am not the greatest fan but unlike others I would not see it as a particular disaster)

Not to start up the debate again about headliners, but Deacon Blue would be a huge dissapointment if true and the waterboys not much better, they need to pull something better than that out the bag or i fear that could be the festivals death nail for this year anyway in terms of attendance.

so we have one of the following...

1. Letter From America - Proclaimers

2. Every Beat Of My Heart - Stewart, Rod

3. Sailing - Sutherland Brothers

4. Wild Mountain Thyme (Will Ye Go Lassie Go) - Silencers (1)

5. Mull Of Kintyre - McCartney, Paul & Wings

6. Caledonia - Miller, Frankie (2)

7. I Should Have Known Better - Diamond, Jim

8. Heart On My Sleeve - Gallagher & Lyle

9. Perfect - Fairground Attraction

10. Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealer's Wheel

11. Young At Heart - Bluebells (1)

12. Ob La Di Ob La Da - Marmalade

13. Shout - Lulu

14. Shang A Lang - Bay City Rollers

15. Magic - Pilot (1)

16. Donald Where's Your Troosers - Stewart, Andy

17. Bluebell Polka - Shand, Jimmy

18. Stop Yer Tickling Jock - Lauder, Harry

19. Amazing Grace - Royal Scots Dragoon Guards

20. Over The Sea To Skye - Celtic Spirit

21. Rabbie Burns Trilogy - Monroes

22. Auld Lang Syne - Festival Singers

23. Baker Street - Rafferty, Gerry

24. Mary's Prayer - Danny Wilson

25. Dignity - Deacon Blue

26. Whole Of The Moon - Waterboys

27. Girl Like You - Collins, Edwyn

28. Let's Go Around Again (Pt 1) - Average White Band

29. Somewhere In My Heart - Aztec Camera

30. If I Was - Ure, Midge

31. Shoe Shine Boy - Humblebums

32. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - Proclaimers

33. Fields Of Fire (400 Miles) - Big Country

34. Battle - Wolfstone

35. Ubhal As Airden (The Highest Apple) - Runrig

36. Tinsel Town In The Rain - Blue Nile

37. Patience Of Angels - Reader, Eddi

38. Breislach - Capercaillie

39. Flower Of Scotland - Corries

Can we move on from SFG now, myself and others have expressed our opinions and nothing we can do is gonna changed this :lol: *plus I don't want to get into any more trouble <_< *

So besides SFG, who do we reckon is gonna headline the Saturday and what bands are likely to be announced? :rolleyes:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Scouting For Girls at Belladrum. Wait . . . . . . What is everyone moaning about!? Has everyone forgotten what belladrum is about and why it is rated as one of the best UK festivals? Bella is one of the few festivals that will offer something for everyone. So on Friday you have pop act SFG. I am sure they will keep the crowd happy on Friday night and attract a mixture of young and old. They will, yes appeal to a young crowd. Is that a bad thing? I think not. If Bella is to grow and grow then the can not do that by appealing to an older crowd all of the time. There will be plenty of other acts on to cater for everyone. I don't remember anyone complaining about SFG when they played Bella last year! If it is not your thing then go to another tent, enjoy something else. Most of all enjoy the crack. One of the reasons Bella is always voted as one of the top festivals is the atmosphere. I believe that athosphere will also be appearing this year so that is one act you can look forward to . . . . .

netSounds

Visit Ness MP3

Visit netSounds on MySapce

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Scouting For Girls at Belladrum. Wait . . . . . . What is everyone moaning about!? Has everyone forgotten what belladrum is about and why it is rated as one of the best UK festivals? Bella is one of the few festivals that will offer something for everyone. So on Friday you have pop act SFG. I am sure they will keep the crowd happy on Friday night and attract a mixture of young and old. They will, yes appeal to a young crowd. Is that a bad thing? I think not. If Bella is to grow and grow then the can not do that by appealing to an older crowd all of the time. There will be plenty of other acts on to cater for everyone. I don't remember anyone complaining about SFG when they played Bella last year! If it is not your thing then go to another tent, enjoy something else. Most of all enjoy the crack. One of the reasons Bella is always voted as one of the top festivals is the atmosphere. I believe that athosphere will also be appearing this year so that is one act you can look forward to . . . . .

netSounds

Visit Ness MP3

Visit netSounds on MySapce