Tartan Heart 2008

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bella is always close to my heart, and when i try to predict i think about bands that fit and are er affordable. My guess is that snow patrol might just might fit into the category and i hope they could see it as an opportunity to right some wrongs after t in the park last year. I have a feeling it will be travis this year as they really fit the bella philosophy, if not i guess maybe the levellers.

As for the friday night there really has been a number of howlers (particularly echo and magic numbers) i would really like to see scouting for girls back again or maybe the pidgeon detectives or even the wombats??

you never know

Im pretty sure I'll be there with the gf like I like the idea of snow patrol and travis, but if they are having big acts I feel they should be on the main stage after the Kate Nash incedent last year looked like there was plenty of space inside although I applaud the security for stopping people in as I did spy some people with babys on their chest would of hated to hear of anything bad happening just wish I could of got in to see her

think travis and snow patrol are definate possibilities, bands like scouting for girls, wombats etc i can see headlining one of the tents or in the afternoon on the main stage, but not headlining it, after them having the likes of james and ehco and the bunnymen headlining i could see an ocean colour scene greatest hits set fitting in there nicely (but i doubt it if they are doing the live at loch lomond festival), or bands like franz ferdinand, the feeling, keane etc fit in the 'family friendly' headliner bracket with the likes of travis. Also heard feeder and idlewild getting mentioned a while ago. I really don't mind these kinds of headliners at bella, think they suit it, a good singalong way to end the day. And they have always had plenty of new and up-and-coming bands in the mix, they had editors a few years back before they got massive, and over the last couple of years i've seen sets from biffy clyro, the view, tiny dancers, 1990's mumm-ra, dykeenies, pigeons, mystery jets, rumble strips and plenty others for those who prefer their stuff a bit more current.

Edited by pissheadtrev