Tartan Heart 2008

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were there, and there were lots of tents alongside caravans and camper vans. As for space there was plenty. We got there late on thursday night and a steward tried to shoehorn our camper into much too wee a space. We waited until he left then simply moved up the hill to a flatter and less crowded area.

There didn't seem to be a limit on space for tents/awnings, but most folk were sensible and didn't take the piss by setting up a tented commune around their works transit van or whatever they tried to pass off as a 'camper'. :angry:

cheers

Agree - Belladrum was the best. We did a festival every fortnight from the start of June. Brampton Live was also good.

Friday night was spoiled for us by non-existent security and a "family from hell" that played music at speaker destroying volume all night. About 3 spaces from us.

We were in a camper van and had no alternative to be in the main field - and in a way I wanted to be there as I quite like to strum a few tunes at the end of the evening which can be quite late. Thankfully our 3 year old slept through - more or less. But it took the edge off Friday night which was a shame because the rest of it was brilliant. Saturday, we resorted to speaking to one of the boys in blue who came round every couple of hours - no repeat of Friday.

Loomer were the best discovery of the summer for me.

Cornbury will be one we avoid - rip-off fest - long queues at the bar, long queues for food.......awful - we only really went to catch the Waterboys again....

And of the littluns....Dent Festival was great.

Looking forward to Bella next year!!

Thanks everyone.

Suede

• 3 weeks later...

If they can get Arcade Fire to headline at Bella I think I would be in heaven!! My favorite band playing at the best Fest of the year!!

Can it ever happen, alas I think the odds are not great, but even the slim sliver of hope is enough to keep me going.

That and the AF gig at the SECC on October 26th :lol: