Band suggestions for 2008

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contemplating this one whilst walking the dog earlier today, you mind-reader.

From those that have played before (but not this year, of course), I'd be highly pleased with System 7 & Pama International.

Those not yet played but possible IMO would be Blackbud, Zion Train, Zetan Spore, Jimmy Sommerville, and Piney Gir.

And for the big baby who may not appear to fit (but do) am suggesting Teenage Fanclub, well past their sell-by, but tons of stonking tunes, and small enough.

But frankly, after this year's selection of "who are they's" who all turned out fine, and just so long as no extra-special headliners are promised :angry: , quite happy for them to chose.

PS, any chance of The Levs headlining a different night......

Mine are Magic Skool Bus, Hawkwind, Nick Cave, Fat Drunk Stupid. Dream Machine, Zub Zub.

KAZRIC's suggestions are Newton Faulkner, Robert Plant, Polyphonic Spree, Blackbud, MSB too, Highliners

Did they not do a different night to Sunday in the early days of the fest (before it was a 3-dayer)?

Like Scottie says The Levs open the festival on the Friday & close it on the Sunday night.

You can't expect them to play their main stage set another night can you?!

It is THEIR festival afterall!

Besides, hopefully next year we could have THE WONDERSTUFF (or Hawkwind :) )headlining Saturday night & the likes of The Cure or The Mission Friday nite. That's my prediction.

TSU, why you suggesting Levellers not do Sunday nite? You're not suggesting we leave ealy again? :angry:

Anyway, as Scottie posted on another forum BDays is earlier next year so I know impossible to predict the weather but I've got a good feeling in my bones we'll have a good one from 15th August next year. Yep I got a good feeling about that.

Ooh, and I'd be up for 3 Daft Monkeys, Dreadzone, + Dub Pistols all doing repeat performances if poss.

Yeah, Bring it on baby, only 50 weeks until Beautiful Days 2008!! :lol:

51 actually, it may be earlier, but that's cos it's a leap year. :angry:

Levs on the Saturday so that I can see them regardless of any questionable decisions on the Sunday, quite right. :lol:

Early entry Thursday would be lovely!

You made me check the calendar for next year. All starts Fri 15th August?

What with the ref to Thursday?

Back to the subject guys, what other acts we suggesting for 2008?

The Mission are doing gigs next Feb/March. Would they do B/Days?

Or are they more of a Carling Weekend at Reading/Leeds? Or even Download/Donnington (Not my cup-of-tea).

After Killing Joke headlining last year and NMA 2nd headline this year I reckon we'll have a Punk/Goth band again at B/Days next year.

What do you think?

Edited by sledge450

Can't see BD and MBV together. :lol:

But live in hope that Eavis thinks they're hip......

What about Bauhaus?

I think the Cure are far too big to play BD, i'd say they could, and might possibly, be headlining Glasto in 2008.

How about getting somebody along the line's of Belle & Sebastien, The Jesus & March Chain or the (possibly) reforming My Bloody Valentine? All would be great!