Dance before the Storm confirmed!

Guest 5co77ie

Spoke to the gorgeous, lovely Fil from Back to the Planet yesterday at EIID and she confirmed she'd be singing 'Dance Before The Storm' with the Levs - although she was worried she couldn't remember the arrangement! But said she could remember the words!

And for BTTP fans they were the best ruddy thing all weekend, it was like falling into the arms of a lost lover! Superb music, really tight instrumentation and harmonies probably better than 15 years ago! all the old songs and a hugely wonderful vibe, one you walk away wanting to hug people and feel lovely. The best act at any of the 8 festivals I've been to this year - they will rock your socks off!

Do you remember roughly which songs they played?

Can't quite get my head round the fact I am going to see BTTP next weekend!! As for Fil on stage with the Levs...blimey!

Crikey only had last a few hours sleep since Thursday but as far as i can remember they played this

I'm a girl who's a boy

London City

Misunderstood

North America

White man/yellow man/Blowing Bubbles

Human Error

Dreaming of the deepest blue sea

Turtles

Despite not going to Endorse It after weeks of thinking i was, i'm chuffed that you enjoyed the Planets. When i spoke to them at their Camberwell gig in Dec i suggested they do some festies as i thought the festie crowd would love to see them again. I suggested Endorse it and Beautiful Days as ones they should play. Was pleased that they followed up my suggestion and decided to do it. Really looking forward to seeing them this weekend :angry:

No, no it didn't I was gutted tbh - especially after Fil said they would be. i got to speak to Fraggle on the Sunday - but never asked him about it. He did say the speaker stack wasnt tied down when he climbed up it for that behind the head guitar work.

BTTP were awesome though - thanks Lisa for suggesting they play festies again.

No, no it didn't I was gutted tbh - especially after Fil said they would be. i got to speak to Fraggle on the Sunday - but never asked him about it. He did say the speaker stack wasnt tied down when he climbed up it for that behind the head guitar work.

BTTP were awesome though - thanks Lisa for suggesting they play festies again.

I had the distinct pleasure of bumping into Simon and Jon on Sunday evening, who explained that the Levs didn't get together in time to rehearse Dance Before the Storm as originally planned - regardless of which, we all thoroughly enjoyed the whole BD experience and it was lovely to see everybody again.

Nice to meet you too 5co77ie - it didn't take too much detective work to recognise your "traditional" festival costume...

Cheers again to everyone for making it happen - not just BD but this year's whole summer festy thang. We're off now for a long lie down and a nice cup of tea.

Cheerio!

Frags

pp BTTP

..all of em, each one is a natural progression up (or down) the country:

Yeovil - Cheltenham

Northampton - Cumbria

:angry:

<edit - Cor! 700th post!!>

Edited by Flip

• 3 weeks later...

It was the East stage (I think). They were listed in the programme too (I think!). Fuzzy memory :-)

They pulled in a good crowd and it was great having brilliant sunshine for a change, most unusual for a summer free festival this year. They sounded fresh too.

On the flipside there was a band on the same stage later on and the singer got carted off by security as most of the crowd wanted to bottle him, they were called Selfish C*nt (I think).

Strawberry Fair was busy this year, glad it's still rumbling on.

It was the East stage (I think). They were listed in the programme too (I think!). Fuzzy memory :-)

They pulled in a good crowd and it was great having brilliant sunshine for a change, most unusual for a summer free festival this year. They sounded fresh too.

On the flipside there was a band on the same stage later on and the singer got carted off by security as most of the crowd wanted to bottle him, they were called Selfish C*nt (I think).

Strawberry Fair was busy this year, glad it's still rumbling on.

• 6 months later...

Hiya Flip,

Where's good to play up north then? Preferably something a bit "old school festy". (Solfest sounds nice but I might have left it a bit late to apply.)

We're up for doing 4 festivals this year, one of which is EIID (still TBC), so that's the south west date sorted... one down, 3 to go.

If we find ourselves in the same field this summer introduce yourself and I'll buy you a pint of tasty alcoholic beverage.

Cheers mate, have fun,

Frags

Lie down my a*se, get back on ther road, c'mon!! :D

After my tales of your wonderfully lovely set at BDs theres loads of peeps up here in the north who are just droolin at the possibility of seeing BTTP again... :D

Hiya Flip,

Where's good to play up north then? Preferably something a bit "old school festy". (Solfest sounds nice but I might have left it a bit late to apply.)

We're up for doing 4 festivals this year, one of which is EIID (still TBC), so that's the south west date sorted... one down, 3 to go.

If we find ourselves in the same field this summer introduce yourself and I'll buy you a pint of tasty alcoholic beverage.

Cheers mate, have fun,

Frags