Bingley Live Music Festival

Guest twenty_foot_chickens

Woohooo...so glad I'd not bought tickets.....just won two!!!!

What a cracking little festival, I took my 7 year old daughter and we both loved every minute of it.

I read some of the comments above re the bar last year etc but they seemed pretty quiet up until around 7ish, I was also impressed of the pricing of everything towards Leeds and V, £2.80 a pint of lager (£3.40 at Leeds) £1.25 for a 99 ice cream (£2.50 at Leeds) etc.

Had no problems getting to the front to watch bands as most people seemed happy and content with sitting further back, relaxing and enjoying the day.

As for the bands, I was suprised by how much the Automatic had improved as a band since Paul Mullen has replaced Pennie, Local band Terrorvision went down really well, Scouting for Girls are as i thought pop music for teenagers, I've always managed to avoid them at other festivals and can't say i will be seeing them again. Happy Mondays sounded in the best form that i've heard them for a few years, Shaun Ryder was never fully with it when i saw them in the late 80s and early 90s but i saw them a few years ago and it was abit like watching the Pogues with Ryder in a bad way but last night he sounded much better and everyone was having a good dance and enjoying themselves.

I hope its on next year as i will book into a local camp site and stay for the 2 days.

I was sure it was going to rain, but it didn't. Quite glad it wasn't as sunny as the forecast predicted as I would probably have fainted during Terrorvision. It was a fantastic day, and a great way to close out the festival season.

And to everyone going today for day two (I can't), I'm sorry its so rainy - I hope you have a great time anyway.

After much running around picking people up, dropping people off, arranging lifts, organising sitters and running for trains that came too early..I managed to get to both days, and had a great time on each day :)

Went with just my eldest son and his mate on the saturday and we loved it. The infadels really stood out and I felt a bit sorry for the delays having to follow them, and then terrorvision seemed a bit slow to start with (to me, kids loved them), but they really won me over as the set went on. Automatic were good, Scouting for girls were scouting for girls, and I loved the mondays, great first day :P

..and the kids made £9 *each* on the empty cups :)

On Sunday I went with all the family, and 4 more families were with us for varying amounts of time, mainly while it pissed it down :) but we still all had a great time and the early bands seemed good and I thought The king blues stood out.

Then I managed to blag a couple of backstage passes :O , you might have seen me and my eldest at front of the stage while alabama 3 were on, we were the only photographers with compact cameras :P (we soon left though because I wanted to get into the crowd :D ) after they had finished we went backstage again and my eldest got pictures with a very drunk Reverend Dr. D. Wayne Love and Steve Finnerty (who seem to have too many aliases to name)

My eldest hasn't stopped smiling yet :D , and we will be back next year, what a bargain for £12.50 :)

There are some pictures on my myspace page clicky here, careful though my profile picture *will* burn your eyes B)

• 8 months later...

I've received an email regarding this if anyone is interested, this was a really well run small festival though it looks like its going to be a bit more expensive but an extra day this year.

Bingley Music Live is back!

The people's festival is back with the best line up Bingley has seen yet!

Not only do we have an unbelievable weekender on 5th & 6th September but also a fantastic FREE show on Friday 4th.

Doves, The Zutons, Calvin Harris, The Sunshine Underground....... just some of the bands confirmed for Bingley Music Live 2009. More to be announced soon!

Weekend Tickets: £25 + BF NOW ON SALE.

Buy tickets here

Or call the 24hr ticket hotline: 0871 2300010

Day tickets priced at £15 + BF will be revealed at a later date.

Tickets are not required for the free event on Friday 4th.

We will also be giving you the opportunity to win weekend tickets...check out the link www.bingleymusiclive.com this will take you to the brand new BML website. In order to qualify to win tickets, you need to sign up on our mailing list. We can then send you all the updated information about the newly confirmed acts as they come in.

Keep yourself up to date on this year's festival by logging onto www.bingleymusiclive.com

Hoping to get back to this, really enjoyed it last year and can't complain for £25!