Bingley Live Music Festival

Guest twenty_foot_chickens

Good, small scale festival just outside of Bradford in Bingley, Myrtle Park. Went last year to see Ocean Colour Scene and it was a good day out. The Saturday is free and the Sunday is cheap (£10 at the most) so I recommend it.

The Charlatans are headlining the Sunday (the reason why I'm going again) - with the rest of the line-up to be announced soon.

http://www.bradforddistrictparks.org/events/forthcoming.htm Best place to get info from, although there's not much on at the moment, but to be honest, when you get to Bingley it's not hard to find at all. From The Jam and The Bluetones are playing on the Saturday (the Free day) and The Charlatans on the Sunday. Looking pretty good, but I'll only be going on the Sunday.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Terrorvision too - this´ll be a fantastic gig. The fact its free making it even sweeter.

I´m with you on the more bars thing, though. I´d have bought more beer (good for funding the festie, right?) if I didn´t either have to queue for an extra 30 minutes and/or buy five at a time (which would invariably result in me spilling or knocking over at least one pint).

Edited by falcozappa

Only just found out about this, Infadels + Delays on the same line-up for £12.50 = bargain! + Happy Mondays, Alabama3, Echo & the Bunnymen etc... i'm there!

Just looking for decent campsites in the area. This one sounds pretty good... a '4 star' site, whatever that means :lol: Possibly cos there's an onsite bar/restaurant :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Line-up times:

Saturday 30th August

Happy Mondays: 8.00pm – 9.30pm

Special Guests: 6.45pm – 7.45pm

Special Guests: 5.45pm – 6.30pm

Terrorvision: 4.45pm – 5.30pm

Delays: 3.50pm – 4.30pm

Infadels: 3.00pm – 3.40pm

Ebony Bones: 2.20pm – 2.50pm

Sergeant: 1.40pm – 2.10pm

Billy the Kid: 1.00pm – 1.30pm

Michael Mallinson: 12.20pm – 12.50pm

Sunday 31st August

Echo & The Bunnymen: 7.30pm – 8.30pm

Alabama 3: 6.15pm – 7.15pm

Special Guests: 5.20pm - 6.00pm

The King Blues: 4.25pm – 5.05pm

Go:Audio: 3.30pm – 4.10pm

The Sylvias: 2.25pm – 3.15pm

Desert Eskimo: 1.45pm – 2.15pm

Redwire: 1.05pm – 1.35pm

Hundred Dollar Cigar: 12.25pm – 12.55pm

Only thing to note is that they seem to be very short changeover times, especially for A3, Happy Mondays and Bunnymen who are notoriously "perfectionists at getting their sound right" (or "difficult", to put it another way)...

Will the special guests be announced before the day?

Any guesses? Supergrass, Shed Seven spring immediately to mind...

will probably go to both days of this as only live a couple of miles away in Shipley.

Be keen to find out who the special guests are though

The Automatic are one of the special guests on the Saturday.

My mate used to live a couple of doors down from it, your right on the centre of shipley. Its a good base to start from and its only a spit to train station.

Not sure how long your staying for, but if you have time for a drink there is a good real ale pub called fannys on saltaire road Map here.....and your probably best avoiding "The Sun" in shipley centre

hopefully I will be going on one of the days, just trying to work everything out, slightly busy at the moment

roll on a cracking 45min Terrorvision set woo hooo !!!

Fannys is great, tiny but perfect to while away a few hours/pints