Who can explain this photo to me?!?!

themuel

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well this thread was Lazarused, and that was on the most recent page. Bit of a boring story really.

Ah. To be honest we shoulda done a drunken Eurovision night like we do for the Annual Brits Drunken Slagoffathon.

Although @Gnomicide's twitter feed was good! He even covered qualifying!

On 15 June 2007 at 6:27 PM, themuel said:

Hi all, I've been meaning to stick this up here for ages, it is a photo taken at 2005s festival on I think the Saturday morning whilst wandering around the giant pond. I took the photo of my 2 friends and it wasnt until I got it back that I saw we had an extra addition to the shot!

I remember taking the photo and have absolutely no recollection of him standing there, and he has no legs or body or shadow!

I know logically he is standing behind them and their legs are hiding his legs by a very slim chance but it just looks funny! The way he is standing his pelvic area should be showing by the ladys (louise!) hand unless he has a very short body and very long legs, and hes standing at a bit of an angle so it just looks like you should be able to see at least some evidence he has a body!

Does anybody know this child?! It confuses me every time I look at it, I sometimes wonder if I've stumbled across a glastonbury ghost! Hehe

Anyway just thought I might share it with you guys hope u find it as funny as me :blink:

11819279152114dg3.jpg

Cant see squat.

• 4 years later...
On 6/15/2007 at 7:01 PM, Matty Hurst said:

not zooming in on it, freaked the f**k out of me, even before i noticed his lack of body.

Something about him doesnt sit well, its those eyes, they are pretty empty, eithier a really good photoshop, actually being pretty whizz at photoshop i couldn't do this, or its real and that kid has no body, there is no way in this physical 3D world that he could of been standing there.

He doesnt appear in any other pictures just in the background, just some idea i have.

On 6/15/2007 at 7:09 PM, kohoutec said:

That is bloody weird.

I'm not casting dispursions on you at all, but Opera browser has a nifty photo properties window, and when I look at your photos properties I get:

Orientation of image: 1

File change date and time: 2006:04:14 12:44:43

Image description: EXIF JPEG 2.1

Image input equipment manufacturer: Digital Camera

Image input equipment model: Digital Camera

Software used: Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0

If its just come straight off the camera whys that in the properties? As I say, Im genuinly not doubting you as it doesnt look 'shopped but why would it say that, are you sure someone hasnt been at the photo before you?

On 6/15/2007 at 8:37 PM, a robot said:

on looking at it, it definitly looks doctored im afraid muel, so if you havent done it im sure someone else has!

it appears that the guy on the right has been brought in closer to the lady, his right arm (one on the left) appears a bit hazy on the jumper edge! and the bit micky posted up is fairly odd too!

it could be the lad is just standing behind their legs though, but he definitly there! you can see a bit of shadow behind the ladies leg, which indicates something behind her.. hmm :blink:

On 6/15/2007 at 10:31 PM, sigma said:

also when you look at the girls in the grey jacket's left arm the light looks all wrong. If her arm is in front of the chaps body then how would we see any light on the jacket.???

On 6/15/2007 at 11:41 PM, kly said:

I believe you. The weird thing is he doesn't seem to have a shadow. Or legs. :) I am determined to believe he is a ghost, he is smiling but looks sad. Wonder what his story is.

On 6/16/2007 at 12:33 AM, shavenhaven said:

i'm not saying you've made it up

but the distance on the shadow just does not add up, comparing it against the person on the left legs

On 6/16/2007 at 1:37 PM, rfs said:

I'm having trouble looking at the photo without feeling really creeped out and a little emotional :blink:

On 6/17/2007 at 11:47 AM, Mackem said:

Sorry to repeat what everyone else has said, but I'm finding that photo very un-nerving. I almost expected to find that the photo was me (except I'm about 30 years older :rolleyes:)

You seem very relaxed about it themule.

On 6/17/2007 at 11:56 AM, moominface said:

i think he is doing a star jump, thats why you cant see his legs

On 6/13/2008 at 8:58 AM, Staberinde said:

I also know my way around PS, when you cut out something of one photograph, it is very very hard to get the perfect edge especially when coming to hair. I reckon the boy was pasted on very cleverly. But if you look very carefully, there is a slight halo effect, where some of the original background of the ‘other picture’ bleeds through on the ant-alias edge. Still, it is very faint – like you say, good banter :lol:

These are my favourite comments of the thread that probably convinced me to stop lurking and join in posting, way back in the day.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Seeing all those old names on this thread is like travelling back in time - in a good way of course.

I've just had a read back and thought the same. Some of those people have not been around for ages!

Very entertaining read. I moved from lurking to posting around 2013 I think, but definitely remember this one popping up a couple of times.

Also the first few posts were so close to June and the festival that it really gave me serious pangs of longing for those few weeks in the run-up. Hours spent here, unable to think about anything else, excitement levels at absolute peak. What I wouldn't give for that feeling! Probably going to be 2023 for me.

• 9 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, themuel said:

If I remember rightly, the mum of the boy in the picture started using the forum and noticed her boy in the photo. I can’t really remember and I haven’t got time to go down the rabbit hole of that thread now, but it was all very lovely and seemed to confirm he was a very weirdly angled photobomber 

Vaguely remember this coming up last year and themuel explained it. Also came up on twitter at a similar time.

Edited by SheffJeff
Different tweet link