girls what do I need to take and wear?

Guest beamo

Have been to v but never Glastonbury! Coach gets us ther for Weds am. Any tips for what to wear/take? need to travel light but not look a complete state - not keen on mixed showers either!! 5 days seems a long time with no shower and bad hair days!!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me you won't care about looking good after awhile.

I will try and wear two different types of trousers and have a pair spare. Clean socks and pants every day. A few t-shirts, I am looking for a long sleeved white top, am wearing hoodie, then will have waterproof poncho, wellies, a cheap pair of trainers. My hair looks good for one day i.e. Wed, maybe Thursday then I have to tie it up (it is curly so I need diffuser, sink, hair products etc.) So am either wearing it up or looking for some nice head scarfs. Am taking a pair of tracksuit bottoms to wear to bed.

I am taking toothpaste, tooth brush, deoderant and some wipes, am also taking mascara (but know I won't bother with it) and vaseline......

I will try and wear two different types of trousers and have a pair spare. Clean socks and pants every day. A few t-shirts, I am looking for a long sleeved white top, am wearing hoodie, then will have waterproof poncho, wellies, a cheap pair of trainers. My hair looks good for one day i.e. Wed, maybe Thursday then I have to tie it up (it is curly so I need diffuser, sink, hair products etc.) So am either wearing it up or looking for some nice head scarfs. Am taking a pair of tracksuit bottoms to wear to bed.

I am taking toothpaste, tooth brush, deoderant and some wipes, am also taking mascara (but know I won't bother with it) and vaseline......

The Greenpeace showers are lovely - really perk you up when you're feeling a bit minging & hungover!! You can take a ticket then come back when its your turn so you don't waste time standing in a HUGE queue... They aren't exactly mixed - you get your own cubicle, but the changing area is mixed - nothing a big towel won't sort out though! I thoroughly recommend it.

As for the clothes - I always take tons of stuff every year and end up wearing the same outfit nearly all weekend! I never learn though :unsure:

The Greenpeace showers are lovely - really perk you up when you're feeling a bit minging & hungover!! You can take a ticket then come back when its your turn so you don't waste time standing in a HUGE queue... They aren't exactly mixed - you get your own cubicle, but the changing area is mixed - nothing a big towel won't sort out though! I thoroughly recommend it.

As for the clothes - I always take tons of stuff every year and end up wearing the same outfit nearly all weekend! I never learn though :unsure:

I was thinking more along the lines of 1 pair of jeans (for colder weather), denim shorts (you guessed it for warmer weather) and an array of vest tops and t-shirts for the varying weather conditons. Along with the usual pac a mac and wellies etc

Although now my friends have got me thinking about buying summer dresses........ Must.be.practical (but its so hard sometimes)

I was thinking more along the lines of 1 pair of jeans (for colder weather), denim shorts (you guessed it for warmer weather) and an array of vest tops and t-shirts for the varying weather conditons. Along with the usual pac a mac and wellies etc

Although now my friends have got me thinking about buying summer dresses........ Must.be.practical (but its so hard sometimes)

Summer dresses, knee length or above. Cool when it's hot, don't get covered in mud (as they don't drag in it) and they dry quickly when it's raining. Decent pair of walking boots, flip flops/slip on shoes for around your tent, and a hat. That way you can just cover up your hair and forget that it's minging! never bothered with the showers, so I can't give you any advice on that.

I do like to wash my hair every day at Glastonbury- just get boyfriend to pour the water over my head- but don't bother with the showers. If you take a water carrier, you can have a good wash outside your tent. Went to a camp shop yesterday and they had inflatable wash bowls- thought this would be a good idea if you wanted to have the privacy of having an all over wash in your tent.

Not taking any make-up as have done that before but have never felt the need to wear it in the end.........

Isnt it better to wear cotton trousers rather than jeans? Jeans can get very heavy if wet!

this year i am taking some green combat trousers which dry out quickly when it has been raining- not nice having to put on a damp pair of jeans on day after day. and you can roll them up when the sun comes out! :unsure:

i nebver take jeans ... once they get wet they are the coldest things to wear ... I always take lots of layers, including thermals for the nights as no matter how good the weather might be it's damn chilly sitting on the wet grass at 4am ...

Summer dresses, knee length or above. Cool when it's hot, don't get covered in mud (as they don't drag in it) and they dry quickly when it's raining.

• 11 months later...

girls........what footwear are you taking?? ive got wellies for the rain and ugg boot things for the evenings but what if its hot????????? people dont seem to recommend flipflops cos of getting feet trampled etc...

girls........what footwear are you taking?? ive got wellies for the rain and ugg boot things for the evenings but what if its hot????????? people dont seem to recommend flipflops cos of getting feet trampled etc...

these have probably been pointed out before but just thought y'all might find it useful/life saving

No Rinse Products

Am gona order me some of these washing- cant really go without washing hair cos of its curly nature - wouldnt be able to get my hands through it after a day or so <_<