girls what do I need to take and wear?

Guest beamo

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question....first timer at this festival and need some of your excellent advice! taking children, husband, kitchen sink etc, and was wondering, is it comfier to wear waterproof trousers OR shirt/short wellie combo....i hate chapped jeans legs...live in penzance so am pretty hardy to the weather! any advice would be much appreciated...thanks

question....first timer at this festival and need some of your excellent advice! taking children, husband, kitchen sink etc, and was wondering, is it comfier to wear waterproof trousers OR shirt/short wellie combo....i hate chapped jeans legs...live in penzance so am pretty hardy to the weather! any advice would be much appreciated...thanks

I've never bothered with waterproof trousers myself, I usually go for cropped trousers or skirts, with leggings/tights underneath if it's cold/wet.... I find jeans take ages to dry and are really uncomfortable if its wet

My top tip, sos if it's been mentioned before! but cotton headbands - fantastic for hiding the greasy roots and keeping your hair out your face, backed up with a squirt of dry shampoo and your hair's sorted ;)

I have a couple of questions for the girlies of this thread. I bought a pair of indecently short shorts yesterday. What do you think would be better underneath, leggings or tights?

Also, what warmth are you bringing? I'm thinking lots of layers rather than my massive parka which will be a bitch to carry, but I might miss it's snug goodness of a night. Decisions, decisions. ;)

I have a couple of questions for the girlies of this thread. I bought a pair of indecently short shorts yesterday. What do you think would be better underneath, leggings or tights?

Also, what warmth are you bringing? I'm thinking lots of layers rather than my massive parka which will be a bitch to carry, but I might miss it's snug goodness of a night. Decisions, decisions. ;)

Also, what warmth are you bringing? I'm thinking lots of layers rather than my massive parka which will be a bitch to carry, but I might miss it's snug goodness of a night. Decisions, decisions. :)

I reckon whatever you're more comfortable in - Went to Leeds last year and my mate lived in short shorts and tights

I'm taking layers - long sleeved tops, t-shirts, a hoody and a mac - dont' want to have to carry anythign bulky and long tops and mac will roll up in bag if I'm hot and hoody will tie round waste. Taking some scarfs too - they always help keeping me warm ;)

LADIES!

I have SOLVED my shoes issue, for less money than the £50 Clarks ones. I went to New Look and found a pair for £3!! YES £3.00!!!!!

They look a bit like this:

2621243423det.jpg

And are really nice breathable cotton type upper material.

Then I went to superdrug and got these...

img_7381.jpg

http://www.sockshop.co.uk/products/scholl_...ushioning/index

Which make the shoes bouncy and comfy, and I can use them in my wellies too!

So, I spend £10 over all... HOORAH! I am now READY!!!

Hiya, despite the name on here, I am actually a girl!

I've always found that it's best to take a couple of dresses and loads and loads of tights and long socks. They go well inside wellys, you won't get sun burn on your legs, and they hide all of the nasty stubble that will have grown by Sunday. I don't really like to wear trousers at festivals, as they take too long to dry out if it rains, and are a pain to get into welly boots. Tights roll up really small and you get get so many pretty colours and patterns that you'll look super stylish and glamorous even if it's muddy.

Jen

xx

Edited by ken

Primark use the same factories in India that Marks and Spencer, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and many other high street stores use. The difference is that Primark buy in far far bigger quantity than those other stores, and take a smaller profit. If you buy a bikini/trousers/shoes in any of those stores, chances are they will come from the same factories as Primark stock.

Primark contract work from factories. Those factories then employ middle men, who sub contract out to the children that you've been reading about. Primark do not know, when they contract out to factories, that those factories will then sub-contract out. Primark send staff out to the factories to check the working conditions, and sack any factories who do not comply. They are an easy target because of their cheap products, but realistically, you could rightly tar the majority of other high street stores with the same brush.

Can i just add that they were only £3 because they were in the sale. Should have been £20 really...Don't know anything about where they are made so I'm sorry if the purchase is/was "wrong" :blink:

And also, please would you mind taking this fight somewhere else? :huh: The thread is not meant for this :lol::O

Thanks all

Edited by Glastobelle