Shhhhhhhhhh

Guest 5co77ie

As it's a new site I'm not sure where to suggest - best bet will be to collect mobile numbers and the first there find somewhere and then guide the others in - we'll organise it in more detail on this thread next month. There might be some kind of rough map floating about by then.

Note to organisers: Please get the faces in trees from WOMAD - they are sooooooooooo cool!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wear that shirt of yours rollingstones_t-shirt_fractaltiedye.gif we'll be able to spot where you are camping before we get into the site ... :angry:

'Amongst the highlights are World Gurning Champion TOMMY MATTISSON hosting the medieval games.''

'Tis madness I tells ye . :lol:

Edited by Stashbox

STILL not got tix cos we are holding out for cheap returns/spares if at all possible...SOOOO desperately want to be in a field in Northamptonshire with our Efest lovelies but life and no money is currently getting in the way as is work, so stewarding aint an option no more! AND STILL trying to convince mother dearest to come! Reckon I did a damn fine job of convincing her its the best fest to cut her teeth on and have told her how lovely everyone is going to be...just need the weather to be utterly ace and confirmed to be lush to get her to come along!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! :lol::lol: :angry:

You might want to try here.....and theres a ticket with 2 days left @ £29 on ....ebay .......and you might haggle a better price than whats being asked on Scarlet Mist..... good luck.

Thanks Stash...I have been watching the Official website like a hawk but I am not going to get anymore money this month and Chocky needs to move house next month so at this rate it doesnt look like we will be going now. We are really rather gutted but I will keep an eye on that ebay auction.

Just recieved this e-mail ..... :angry:

Shambala News Update

Music highlights.

Performance highlights

Here’s a few Special things on top of the stages and venues

featured on the website…. >

Medieval Village

The Middle Ages are routinely caricatured as a time of brutality, plague, abject serfdom and bad diets. But such an extreme portrait obscures the truth. This was actually a period when values such as neighbourliness, charity, courtesy, merriment, community and anti-capitalism dominated. So come along to our life size Medieval Village and discover the positive qualities of a more playful era. Our host for the area will be the acclaimed writer and Idler editor Tom Hodgkinson.

Shambala Camp sports ground

Our dedicated team of sporting professionals will be on hand organising games and daily events. Pack your trainers and string up your bat and get ready of some slightly silly yet extremely competitive sports. Each event will be as daft as it is fun with fairness being insured at all times by our team highly under-qualified umpires. For the Saturdays events fancy dress will be compulsory and points will be awarded for style, control and effort.

Halycon Hot Springs with Dutchtubs

Welcome to paradise – laze beneath the stars in a field of hot tubs with a bottle of cheap champers, take a shower, or have a sauna. With a dedicated team whose only mission in life is to pamper and shower compliments on their guests. Squeaky clean fun.

Lantern procession

Join the lantern making workshsops 1-3 outside the family yurt, and then take them round the site with everyone on a procession - meet at dusk at the Family yurt on sunday.

Poetry Slam

Roll up and open your ears. We’ve invited some acclaimed and diversely successful spoken word artists from all over the place to entertain you in competition with each other. Slams are very competitive but that isn’t really what they are about. The main difference between a slam and a poetry show is you. The audience. From the hilarious to the glumly political, Slam poets need your reaction to proceed to the next round and so you rarely see them work harder at what they do. Slammers to Include: Birmingham’s poet laureate, Dreadlock Alien.

Handsome Normans Gaff feat. Rogues Gallery

Hidden within the depths of the craft area you will find a the house of Handsome Norman, a good looking cider loving traveling rogue who has especially erected his timber framed barn for one weekend to provide you with a place to enjoy what he reckons are the finer things of life, namely cider (and other drinkable delights) and fine music. Norm will be laying on a roast followed by a pub quiz and other antics to round off the end of the weekend (order your meal at the bar over the weekend). So come down to the gaff, and believe Norman – you’ll never leave!

Roller disco

Join us for a family roller disco to the sweet sounds of the 80's in the cabaret tent - see cabaret program for times. A trip down memory lane that most of us in our right minds probably want to forget!!

In the Wilderness

Hiding among the lush foliage of the festival, we have hand picked and commissioned some of the country’s most talented and experimental audio visual artists to produce works that will enhance and challenge viewers throughout the weekend. See keep your eyes peeled for the clues that will show you the way to the garden of the night.

Power to the People

This festival is your festival. You make it what it is. So this year we have teamed up with the influential think tank The Power Inquiry to introduce the Shambala Bill of Rights. The Power Inquiry have been lobbying our government to work in a far more democratic way then they currently operate in. So with their expertise we want to incorporate your views on the key issues related to the event and how the festival should be run in the future. So if you want your say to be enshrined in the Bill of Rights come to the Rebel Soul Area and be heard. We are set to be the worlds first truly democratic festival.''

Thats all for now folks.

The weather or not.......

Monday 20th August to Sunday 26th August 2007

rainbow_scotland.jpg

“Becoming more settled in the south.”

''After the recent unsettled conditions, the Azores high will start to build across southern areas of the UK this week and introduce drier and brighter conditions and much lighter winds''.

Monday 27th to Sunday 9th September 2007

big_cloud.jpg

“Settled conditions to become widespread.”

''Despite improving conditions, temperatures will still lag a little behind average, and some nights may be particularly cool across southern parts''.

Source.... BBC Monthly outlook.

Hi Everyone!

Just booked tickets for our first ever Shambala experience!

Just thought of a question.

Anyone know how far the campsite will be from the car park?

Need to know if I need to build up my muscles to drag all our stuff from car to tent?!

Welcome to Much-madness-upon-Northants.........

camping will not be much further than half amile from car parking maybe less.

3 wheeler luggage bikes help with transfering kit onto the site and the emphasis is on

taking your time and finding a nice place to pitch.

Half a mile!!!!!

Hello my name's sadwitch and i'm unable to say "no" to festivals despite numerous practicalities :lol:

If anyone has been to this before and would like to answer any of my burning questions in secret :angry: please PM me! Coz i'm coming but I know nothing!

Frantically getting fancy dress sorted now .....shhhh! Its a secret!

Will there be mucho food on site, as theres 5 of us in a small car, and we barely have enough room for ourselves and tent, without stuffing every spare space with shopping bags?

D'you think we'd get away with just bringing cereal, etc for the 6 year old and hopefully eat on site the rest of the time?

Need space in the car for face-paints and bottles of wine (a winning combination I find!)

If anyone has any tips for us first time Shambala goers - please PM me.

Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated! :angry:

FOOD.

Shop reachable... 2 miles or Market Harborough by shuttlle bus on Friday/Saturday if the food on-site isn't up to scratch.

Tips? Teach yer kids the perimetres and then let 'em go off and find their own way back to you.

Remember not to tell everyone how much fun it was when you get home or the secrets out....

link no worky!

It says this:

Food

Shambala has a policy of inviting cafés which use locally produced / organic / 'happy animal' food. We stipulate the use of biodegradable materials for serving.

There will be the usual impressive array of reasonably priced cafes including Vegetarian and vegan foods, a mean Jerk chicken BBQ, pizza, the famous Thali Cafe, an organic fresh baby food provider, cycle powered smoothies, sushi (new this year), The Cake Hole (Cornwall's finest cakes)...and loads more.

Drink

We have several fully licensed, rather special bars, serving real ales, lager, cider, spirits and cocktails. We have established relationships with co-operative and organic brewers - all our tap beverages are organic! And everything we sell is VERY reasonably priced.

Note we do not accept any roving traders and will be very strict with unlicensed trade.

Still no link up for their flash mob - metcheck says currently weather for Northampton - scorchio!!!!

/me Dances - oh yes oh yes!

Plus official site says there's lots of wood for us - does this mean we can have fires?

Also what time do gates open?

Edited by 5co77ie

Still no link up for their flash mob - metcheck says currently weather for Northampton - scorchio!!!!

/me Dances - oh yes oh yes!

Plus official site says there's lots of wood for us - does this mean we can have fires?

Also what time do gates open?

Edited by Stashbox

When you say raised fires does that mean that we can have our own fires as long as they're raised eg in a fire basket, or are they designated fires ? Just wondering whether it's worth bringing some kind of fire basket arrangement ?

Getting very excited now :angry: :lol::lol:

name='Stashbox' date='Aug 20 2007, 08:23 PM' post='1926244']

Raised fires .

Gates 12 midday.