Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

I predict that come May we'll all be utter weather obsessives again! I really hope they run GlastoWeatherWatch again, it's a brilliant website! I still get the odd update from that weather forum we all joined, where a bunch of awesome weather-amateurs gave us a personalised forecast and argued amongst themselves about it!

We should get back on there..

Bring on the sunshine... I didn't mind the rain in 2004 and 2005, but I really fancy a warm one this year as I might not get away on a proper summer holiday!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how class would it be to have the wether we had on the wed and thursday in 05 but throughtout, and maybe a bit of drizzle on monday morning to go with our hangovers and depression (feels like im leaving home when i walk away from glasto)

Edited by derfman

Listen people, we DO NOT want rain. AT ALL. EVER.

We want SUN.

We're on holiday, FFS. Who do you know that goes on holiday hoping for RAIN?????

STOP IT. NOW. NO TO RAIN. RAIN CAN F**K RIGHT OFF!!!!!!!

If it's too hot for you, use some of the taps littered around the campsite to cool down, go naked, find some shade, do whatever you have to but don't start praying for rain.

How many bands do you discuss who 'would sound great during a nice rainy day'? I bet it's not as many who'd be good 'during the Sunday afternoon sun' etc.

NO RAIN. AT ALL. PLEASE.

i agree tho, nice bit of sunshine, always makes people happy,

if we could have a all weekend scorcher it'll go down in history as the greatest glasto ina long time

cos people will be too hot to stay out alll day which makes the night life even more lively

...if you get what i mean

Edited by derfman

I loved the weds/thurs heatwave in '05 but the thunderstorm on Friday morning was f**king spectacular too.

The worst thing about the mud is having absolutely nowhere to sit down/collapse.

Give me scortching hot sunshine every time!

They announced on the radio today, that this summer is going to be really hot, better than Portugal

"Where's our weather thread"!!!!!????? :OB) x 27,000

<Chews fukken carpet at lazy idle cider mashed stoners who can't fukken look beyond page one and can't be fukken arsed to do a title-specific thread search for AT LEAST FOUR existing weather threads. Grrrrr>

<is too grumpy and lazy to do a search on behalf of such threadstarters.... >

<yibble>

<falls over>

<goes to other threads on other subjects>

must admit above rant is partly influenced by the utterly gorgeous spring weather outside, here in the South East : limited quota/ration of good weather in the UK being used up TOO EARLY!

(To be fair, the forum is moving very fast at the moment, but there was at least one weather thread here ONLY YESTERDAY!)

Edited by William of Walworth

But wait! What's that Weatherwatch bollocks from Chemical Woody's post saying 2005 was 'totally minging'???

BOLLOCKS!

It was absolutely prime hot sunshine perfection Wednesday and most of Thursday!

And again Sunday!

And Monday!

5 or 6 or 7 hours freak deluge Friday morning, not to be overlooked or underestimated agreed, ruined the ground conditions for Friday and most of Saturday, and the bottom of Pennards Hill we can all remember. And we can do without a repeat of all that, but we were very very unlucky. If that storm had passed us by we'd have been fine ...

There's a Metcheck cobblers 'forecast' floating about for 'Glastonbury Festival 2007' which'll no doubt get mindlessly linked to and babbled about yet again, or may have been in this thread already, but this is currently shite and meaningless.

Metcheck (for the 97th time!!!) are so far basing their projections on past averages/patterns for late June. So far worthless as any kind of 'forecast' -- for now and for aaaages, JUST IGNORE!

Yes, I'm back ...

<heads off for now>

But wait! What's that Weatherwatch bollocks from Chemical Woody's post saying 2005 was 'totally minging'???

BOLLOCKS!

It was absolutely prime hot sunshine perfection Wednesday and most of Thursday!

And again Sunday!

And Monday!

5 or 6 or 7 hours freak deluge Friday morning, not to be overlooked or underestimated agreed, ruined the ground conditions for Friday and most of Saturday, and the bottom of Pennards Hill we can all remember. And we can do without a repeat of all that, but we were very very unlucky. If that storm had passed us by we'd have been fine ...

There's a Metcheck cobblers 'forecast' floating about for 'Glastonbury Festival 2007' which'll no doubt get mindlessly linked to and babbled about yet again, or may have been in this thread already, but this is currently shite and meaningless.

Metcheck (for the 97th time!!!) are so far basing their projections on past averages/patterns for late June. So far worthless as any kind of 'forecast' -- for now and for aaaages, JUST IGNORE!

Yes, I'm back ...

<heads off for now>

Can live with that!! Being a weather obsessive loony, couldn't help adding --- but for those who know me, that's entirely predictable!! B):O

You are right about the mad 2005 freakery toadally skewing the average of course, but 'totally minging' (Weatherwatch) was a shite summary, that's all!

So yeah ... this is now rapidly becoming the official one (just couldn't help the rant , which was a tad tongue in cheek anyway) . Let's keep this one that way I spose, and avoid bumping the others???

William - I have missed your weather rants.

I believe we think similarly when it comes to weather.

So carry on ranting. You have my support.

From the Weatherwatch archives:

1994 - Good Time Sunshine

1995 - Sunburn hell

1997 - Totally minging

1998 - Totally minging

1999 - Good time sunshine

2000 - Good time sunshine (Thursday night's deluge excepted)

2002 - Good time sunshine

2003 - Good time sunshine (if we forget Friday afternoon / Sunday evening)

2004 - Deeply unpleasant (at times)

2005 - Totally minging

So sell your shares in Millets' wellies, that proves infallibly that we are now due four Glastonburies of unadulterated Mediterranean sun. No need for weather reports, I'll be packing that Chemial Suit away until 2011.

So even if the UK's premier glastoforecaster was to, say, go on a Honeymoon until mid-June, nobody would miss him...

From the Weatherwatch archives:

1994 - Good Time Sunshine

1995 - Sunburn hell

1997 - Totally minging

1998 - Totally minging

1999 - Good time sunshine

2000 - Good time sunshine (Thursday night's deluge excepted)

2002 - Good time sunshine

2003 - Good time sunshine (if we forget Friday afternoon / Sunday evening)

2004 - Deeply unpleasant (at times)

2005 - Totally minging

So sell your shares in Millets' wellies, that proves infallibly that we are now due four Glastonburies of unadulterated Mediterranean sun. No need for weather reports, I'll be packing that Chemial Suit away until 2011.

So even if the UK's premier glastoforecaster was to, say, go on a Honeymoon until mid-June, nobody would miss him...

Edited by allykerr1460