Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

i actually think Mr. Murr's forecast is alright. we already knew wed and thurs would be the worst days and those temps look quite pleasant to me.

a little rain and little mud is hardly the end of the world

im gonna have a f**kin great weekend whatever the weather :rolleyes::O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be wrong, but I remember a while ago reading about the Russian Government dispersing clouds by using some form of spray from a plane during some parade so that it didn't soak everyone, I also remember that Paul Mcartney used it for one of his open air gigs?

I can't find links to it, I could be horribly wrong, but I definatly remember reading it, wouldn't be a bad idea for the festival, fair enough we should just deal with it, but apart from some people getting miserable, it also damages the fields no?

Just a thought!

Edited by testspecimen

I might be wrong, but I remember a while ago reading about the Russian Government dispersing clouds by using some form of spray from a plane during some parade so that it didn't soak everyone, I also remember that Paul Mcartney used it for one of his open air gigs?

I can't find links to it, I could be horribly wrong, but I definatly remember reading it, wouldn't be a bad idea for the festival, fair enough we should just deal with it, but apart from some people getting miserable, it also damages the fields no?

Just a thought!

Doesn't seem too bad at all really, the rain may be mainly overnight and wed and thurs can be spent under some sort of cover, at least sat and sun when you'll be at outdoor stages it should be mainly dry - friday seems a bit hit and miss, bound to rain during arctic monkeys certain romance though, did that at leeds fest last year!

Edited by Teamjarman

Afternoon People-

An update for the Glasto period -

We are fast approaching what weather folk call the 'reliable timeframe'- In model terms this is when a forecast period is under T 120 Hours ( 5 days)

In exceptional circumstances the pattern at 5 days can change, however im afraid there is little to suggest that whats been apparent in the models since around Thursday last week isnt going to land in a big way come Weds & Thurs next week-

Its one of those situations where you wished the models would have been wrong from the word go-

This would be my official- for the want of a better word forecast for Glasto 2007-

Weds & Thurs-

Both the worst days of the week-

Here are the Fax charts for those days- Almost looks like an episode of Bullseye!!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack3.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack4.gif

You get what you see on these days- 100% Cloud cover, Showers & longer Periods of rain-

Top temps 20C, Overnight lows 15C- Muggy & not to nice-

Friday-

The suggestion yesterday that The azores high pressure would nudge North eastwards into the Southwest quarter has wained towards a More Northerly Movement in the Atlantic- This will serve to push the Low pressure further off to the east allowing a Northerly/ Northwesterly flow to develop-

This will push cooler, fresher air in to all South western Counties, If the flow is Northerly or even a hint of North easterly you may well escape the showers- The likely option though is more North westerly with Showers spreading across-

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/ecmwf/run...1-144.GIF?17-12

75% cloud cover, Fresher air with top temps around 18c Overnight low 13c- Occasional sunny spells-

Saturday & Sun-

The main days of the Glasto festival as far as most people are concerned will co-incide with the best of the weather-

A cool flow from the North taking the edge off the temps but generally a dry theme with occasional showers-

I think once we reach Sat the rainy weather will certainly be on the back foot & the drying out process will begin- perhaps though to late for many of the fields & Camps especially in the lower fields-

Top temps over the weekend could reach the dizzy heights of 21/22c Overnight low 16C- feeling fresh in the breeze-

In terms of flooding this year- I dont think people are at risk like they were last time- the rain looks to be progressive across the week rather than torrential which caused all the problems in 2005-

I would expect a soggy start to the festival rather than a flooded one!!

Best attire would be wellies or old trainers, crappy jeans & a warm jumper-!!!!!!!!!

May pop in across the week here to add a few more comments but things are unlikely to change that much to the forecast-

Best regards

Steve :rolleyes:

As long as we don't get a repeat of 2005 i'll be happy. Plus don't believe all the weather people say, i went to Download the other weekend and they said we'd get thundery showers and it was delightful all weekend! I'm just hoping it stays dry for putting our tents up, oh and that we can fit a gazebo in the car, just so we can shelter whilst drinking the night away!

if steve's forecast is right, it will be nothing short of a nightmare- all the rain this week leading up, and torrential rain wednesday and thursday will leave it like a quagmire- thick deep mud everywhere......drying to a horrible cloying sticky mud on sat/sun.....some of the higher ground may dry up enough to park your arse by sunday, but everywhere else will be hideous......putting the tents up on wednesday will be awful too in the rain.....just to add to the fun, as it's gonna be humid on weds/thurs/fri with all the layers on it'll be sweaty as hell too......it's 1997 all over again

but every cloud has a silver lining- by monday morning we'll have calf muscles like rugby players

but hey, even taking into account all the above- it'll still be the best weekend ever :rolleyes:

Afternoon People-

An update for the Glasto period -

We are fast approaching what weather folk call the 'reliable timeframe'- In model terms this is when a forecast period is under T 120 Hours ( 5 days)

In exceptional circumstances the pattern at 5 days can change, however im afraid there is little to suggest that whats been apparent in the models since around Thursday last week isnt going to land in a big way come Weds & Thurs next week-

Its one of those situations where you wished the models would have been wrong from the word go-

This would be my official- for the want of a better word forecast for Glasto 2007-

Weds & Thurs-

Both the worst days of the week-

Here are the Fax charts for those days- Almost looks like an episode of Bullseye!!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack3.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack4.gif

You get what you see on these days- 100% Cloud cover, Showers & longer Periods of rain-

Top temps 20C, Overnight lows 15C- Muggy & not to nice-

Friday-

The suggestion yesterday that The azores high pressure would nudge North eastwards into the Southwest quarter has wained towards a More Northerly Movement in the Atlantic- This will serve to push the Low pressure further off to the east allowing a Northerly/ Northwesterly flow to develop-

This will push cooler, fresher air in to all South western Counties, If the flow is Northerly or even a hint of North easterly you may well escape the showers- The likely option though is more North westerly with Showers spreading across-

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/ecmwf/run...1-144.GIF?17-12

75% cloud cover, Fresher air with top temps around 18c Overnight low 13c- Occasional sunny spells-

Saturday & Sun-

The main days of the Glasto festival as far as most people are concerned will co-incide with the best of the weather-

A cool flow from the North taking the edge off the temps but generally a dry theme with occasional showers-

I think once we reach Sat the rainy weather will certainly be on the back foot & the drying out process will begin- perhaps though to late for many of the fields & Camps especially in the lower fields-

Top temps over the weekend could reach the dizzy heights of 21/22c Overnight low 16C- feeling fresh in the breeze-

In terms of flooding this year- I dont think people are at risk like they were last time- the rain looks to be progressive across the week rather than torrential which caused all the problems in 2005-

I would expect a soggy start to the festival rather than a flooded one!!

Best attire would be wellies or old trainers, crappy jeans & a warm jumper-!!!!!!!!!

May pop in across the week here to add a few more comments but things are unlikely to change that much to the forecast-

Best regards

Steve :rolleyes:

As long as we don't get a repeat of 2005 i'll be happy. Plus don't believe all the weather people say, i went to Download the other weekend and they said we'd get thundery showers and it was delightful all weekend! I'm just hoping it stays dry for putting our tents up, oh and that we can fit a gazebo in the car, just so we can shelter whilst drinking the night away!

I agree with Dog Burger, it's a shit forecast. Persistant rain is probably the WORST festival weather. There will be acts not expecting to draw anyone getting big crowds now...in marquees obv!

Edited by Haggis

Conspiracy theory

These forecasts serve only one evil master 'Millets', either buy shares before tomorrow (tricky) or ignore the weather sites.

See, all worries gone away now you know the truth

I've been keeping an eye on metcheck.com. They have a page dedicated to the Glastonbury weather. Thing is, even through the course of today, they have changed their minds several times regarding the weather next weekend.

I firmly beleive it will rain though. I have a feeling it will be a very muddy afair again this year.

I've been keeping an eye on metcheck.com. They have a page dedicated to the Glastonbury weather. Thing is, even through the course of today, they have changed their minds several times regarding the weather next weekend.

I firmly beleive it will rain though. I have a feeling it will be a very muddy afair again this year.

Its not that bad.... its showers and occasional longer periods of rain wed / thurs followed by a general brightening up for fri/sat/sun. It'll get muddy but hopefully not too muddy! If we're lucky we might miss the majority of the showers *crosses fingers*

Its not *that* bad really is it? We'd all love (and we're overdue) a 100% hot and sunny festival but this is the UK not spain so we have to put up with the mixed weather unfortunately :rolleyes:

After nearly not getting a ticket in 2005 I was just grateful to be going and didn't care what the weather did.. I feel the same this year.. I'm lucky to have got a ticket so I'll have an amazing time whatever!