Flag Building tips

Guest thazlewood

I bought some cable ties from Halfords yesterday, for fixing my flag bungees to the pole. Only these ones turn out to be special: they have little rings on them. So I thought, *maybe* I could fix keyring type rings onto those rings, then run a line through the keyrings, and be able to raise and lower the flag like a proper flagpole. Definitely going to look into it -- it's just getting chances to go shopping for these things.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were thinking to just hang aload of pillow cases, painted obviously. That will do wont it :(

S4010079.JPG

So after a day of shopping yesterday finally got the bits and bobs together for a flag. Cost including paint came to less than a tenner. Spent this morning putting the poles together and it stands at a mighty 4metres. Very tempted to invest another £5 to make it 8metres but not convinced it will hold.

With some help from mam on the sewing machine and dad to drill some holes this is where I am so far.

All that's left is for my team of designers to pop up later this evening and sort out something good to put on there, while I sit back with a beer and marvel at the pole =) Tempted to add some fishing rod glowsticks to the top aswell.

Leaving it very late and designing my flag tonight, unlikely I'll have time to post any pictures up before I leave tomorrow morning but if you see a flag with a picture of a horse with "My lovely horse" written on it somewhere on Kidney Mead feel free to pop over and say hello and enjoy a drink ;)

I got some fabric paints at lunchtime today, so a few of us are getting together tonight to paint up the flag. To be honest, I'm not really that hopefull about this one, think the pole is a bit too thin at the top - Got the 3 metre one and the top pole is very slim which makes attaching the flag tricky. So next year, maybe a four metre pole tied lower down will hold better. Still, a crap first flag is way better then no flag at all!! ;)

• 9 months later...

sorry if it's already been asked somewhere on this thread [there are 25 pages and i'm not reading them all!], but what is the best way of making sure your telescopic flagpole doesn't fall over? do they come with pegs or something?? i'm buying one but never seen one up closeso some help would be appreciated.

cheersssssssss

sorry if it's already been asked somewhere on this thread [there are 25 pages and i'm not reading them all!], but what is the best way of making sure your telescopic flagpole doesn't fall over? do they come with pegs or something?? i'm buying one but never seen one up closeso some help would be appreciated.

cheersssssssss

Bump, just a reminder to those who know me, Spurs fans, or anyone who wants to drop in for a drink and a bifter, that this is where we'll be. We're camping in Oxlyers from Weds morning/lunchtime. I'm off work tomorrow and my computer at home is broken so this is my last chance to post.

i had an awesome flag last year!

i seem to remember taking a washing line propper thing to hold it up. worked well but was a bastard to carry from the car.

think i'll put lights on the tent or something this year, still managed to lose my tent with a flag next to it! haha