Flag Building tips

Guest thazlewood

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am soooooo happy! Just went on a mission into my loft to find some stuff for my mum and found my UBER 10 foot Fluoro yellow efests flag!!!! AND a spare piece of fluro material to play with as an extra flag.

Just got to touch up my plain white efests flag with a new marker pen and buy a new end for my flag from Skyblue and then I am sorted.

MIGHT be purchasing these bad boys tho...ANY of the solar powered ones!!!

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am soooooo happy! Just went on a mission into my loft to find some stuff for my mum and found my UBER 10 foot Fluoro yellow efests flag!!!! AND a spare piece of fluro material to play with as an extra flag.

Just got to touch up my plain white efests flag with a new marker pen and buy a new end for my flag from Skyblue and then I am sorted.

MIGHT be purchasing these bad boys tho...ANY of the solar powered ones!!!

pics?

and i think im gonna have the worst efest flag of the bunch :D

pics?

and i think im gonna have the worst efest flag of the bunch B)

Edited by LusciousLucy

According to the cateye website, their cheapo led lights will last for 'up to 150 hours'. I think that means that if you use duracell batteries and put the light on flash it'll last for over 6 days non-stop. Bigger batteries not required! I find cateye lights to be highly weather-proof so I think you'd be fine just strapping one to your pole without any extra protection.

If anyone's wondering, you can get the TL LD 130 for £6.79.

Edited by MikeyB37

Sorry if this has already been covered but i'm looking for some white paint for my flag (red, nylon i think). What's best to use and where can I buy it (i.e chains, eg Homebase?) Fabric paint? Is it waterproof?!
Edited by Staberinde

Well you're making a lot of posts for a lurker :D

Anyways... I'm impressed by these solar powered fairy lights. Cuts out lots of hassle. Gonna get me a long string of blue ones.

Grrrrrr, you guys!!!.........

Due to an order surge we are currently running about 3 days behind with orders

and answering emails.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards

www.skyblueleisure.co.uk

I want my flaaaag! :D

Found these old pics...

caravan.jpg

flag.jpg

I've tied the flag with tie-wraps (it has brass eyelets in the corners) on to a small guage plastic pipe. This is to allow the wind to blow the falg around the pole freely, it stops the flag getting snagged. I simpley then put the small plastic pipe over the top of the flag pole and slid it down to a 'stop' made up of a realy thick roll of electricians tape around the flag pole.

BTW, we've got a new 'van, we're selling the baove for about £499 ! Pm's if you're interested.

Found these old pics...

caravan.jpg

flag.jpg

I've tied the flag with tie-wraps (it has brass eyelets in the corners) on to a small guage plastic pipe. This is to allow the wind to blow the falg around the pole freely, it stops the flag getting snagged. I simpley then put the small plastic pipe over the top of the flag pole and slid it down to a 'stop' made up of a realy thick roll of electricians tape around the flag pole.

BTW, we've got a new 'van, we're selling the baove for about £499 ! Pm's if you're interested.